• Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama
    • Nick Bosa, EDGE, Ohio State
    • Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky
    • Montez Sweat, EDGE, Mississippi State
    • Rashan Gary, EDGE, Michigan
    • Ed Oliver, DT, Houston
    • Devin White, LB, LSU
    • Someone Else

Barring a trade, who will be the 1st 6 picks in this year's NFL Draft?

Please select the player you think WILL be selected, not the player you would select.

Remember, this is based on no trades

3 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Please select the player you think WILL be selected, not the player you would select.

I think you should have let Haskins be an option for the Raiders. I know there has been talk recently of them being interested. If I had to guess it is probably a smokescreen but we said the same thing about Mayfield and the Browns last year so I wouldn't be shocked if he ends up being the pick. 

• Upvote 1

I picked Quinnen Williams for the Jets at 3 simply because it’s the most cowardly thing Maccagnan could do, but Josh Allen is from Jersey which, for reasons no one can explain, means something to the Jets.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

I think you should have let Haskins be an option for the Raiders. 

Done

• Upvote 1

Murray, Q.Williams, Oliver, Bosa, Allen, Sweat. As far as any further conversation, I'll leave it with what the great Homer Simpson would say   "if you need me, I'll be at Moe's."🍺

Just now, T0mShane said:

I picked Quinnen Williams for the Jets at 3 simply because it’s the most cowardly thing Maccagnan could do, but Josh Allen is from Jersey which, for reasons no one can explain, means something to the Jets.

I think it's pretty obvious, you look at the history of the Jets and the players that were "hometown kids" and see that Mohammed Wilkerson was from Linden, look at how well that turned out and extrapolate........have I ever told you the story about a wily kid from Piscataway, Kyle Wilson? No, well he joined the jets and shortly after........so there was a kid with a great pedigree, chiseled face and blonde hair from Franklin Lakes, that kid's name? Matthew Phillip Simms, from the time he put on his helmet in 2013 he just took command and......alright maybe we should focus on the front office...so you take a look at Todd Bowles, a nice boy from Elizabeth, NJ and you see that over the course of his career.........so Mike Maccagnan was a strapping lad born in Hightstown, NJ, he came to the Jets and completely changed the........did you hear that we resigned Neal Sterling???

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

imagine if all this Bosa tweet business made him unacceptable to the SF fanbase and he dropped to 3 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

imagine if all this Bosa tweet business made him unacceptable to the SF fanbase and he dropped to 3 

Woody Johnson when he finds out his team drafted a neo-Nazi:

57E3AC85-F277-4724-A975-271B1F435BBD.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Woody Johnson when he finds out his team drafted a neo-Nazi:

57E3AC85-F277-4724-A975-271B1F435BBD.gif

how about Mac? he'd be thrilled. Leonard Williams at 6, Jamal Adams at 6, Sam Darnold at 3 all of these guys were supposed to go higher according to the mocks

Nick Bosa at 3 is the most Mac Jets outcome and it's been this way for like a year 

If he AZ goes Murray and SF goes Williams or anyone but Bosa 

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

how about Mac? he'd be thrilled. Leonard Williams at 6, Jamal Adams at 6, Sam Darnold at 3 all of these guys were supposed to go higher according to the mocks

Nick Bosa at 3 is the most Mac Jets outcome and it's been this way for like a year 

If he AZ goes Murray and SF goes Williams or anyone but Bosa 

I think the difference is, with aBosa, they’d actually be getting the actual best player.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, bitonti said:

I think he could easily drop to three even without that.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

‘From Jersey’ has been a default strategy for this franchise for a laughably long time.

1 hour ago, Sarge4Tide said:

If no trades is unlikely, but I'll play along.

1. Cardinals - Nick Bosa

2 . 49ers - Quinnen Williams

3. Jets - Josh Allen

4. Raiders - Kyler Murray

5. Buccaneers - Ed Oliver

6. Giants - Montez Sweat

• Upvote 1

I went with

1) Murray

2) Bosa

3) Allen

4) Oliver

5) William

6) White - it’s the most Gettleman-y thing I could imagine.

39 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I think the difference is, with aBosa, they’d actually be getting the actual best player.

He could be... or he could be injured all the time. JMO This board has underrated Williams because we don't want a tackle. But he's actually the best player in this draft, along with Ed Oliver and Devin White

Just now, bitonti said:

He could be... or he could be injured all the time. JMO This board has underrated Williams because we don't want a tackle. But he's actually the best player in this draft, along with Ed Oliver and Devin White

i just don't get the love for Q williams in today's nfl.  every year these 'generational DTs' get overrated by analysts, and truth, only a few really impact games.  there is no way i want the jets to take him.  and truth i don't think bosa or allen are going to be truly great, just good to very good players.  i definitely prefer a trade back.

Anyone have ESPN Plus? Football Outsiders released their Sackseer projections for edge rushers. Curious where Allen and Bosa fall.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i just don't get the love for Q williams in today's nfl.  every year these 'generational DTs' get overrated by analysts, and truth, only a few really impact games.  there is no way i want the jets to take him.  and truth i don't think bosa or allen are going to be truly great, just good to very good players.  i definitely prefer a trade back.

I don't see the appeal on Josh Allen a speed edge player in a division where Brady gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds. Bosa could in theory rush from inside as well. but the league is changing and interior pressure is becoming more important to control good QBs

by the way I don't recall any DTs recently as generational as Q williams or ed oliver. This is an exceptional DL class compared to other years 

the Rams didn't win the SB but they held brady and the pats to 3-3 for most of the game. the 2 DT approach works if the QB shows up (looking at you Jared Goff). 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, bitonti said:

Eh. If Quinnen Williams turns out to be Gerald McCoy, does that really make the Jets better? We know he’s not Watt or Donald, so it’s such a meh prospect for me. Oliver at least has a shot at being a plus player in terms of making the Jets defense special. 

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I didn't like Bosa until I found out about the tweets.  I'm a fan of anyone who thinks Kap is a clown.

• Haha 1

Just now, bitonti said:

I don't see the appeal on Josh Allen a speed edge player in a division where Brady gets rid of the ball in 2 seconds. Bosa could in theory rush from inside as well. but the league is changing and interior pressure is becoming more important to control good QBs

by the way I don't recall any DTs recently as generational as Q williams or ed oliver. This is an exceptional DL class compared to other years 

the Rams didn't win the SB but they held brady and the pats to 3-3 for most of the game. the 2 DT approach works if the QB shows up (looking at you Jared Goff). 

i don't think the jets should be drafting a specific player to stop brady.  he's got maybe 2 years left.  the jets have the 3rd pick in the draft b/c they have a lot of holes in their roster and we've seen how DTs don't really change games most of the time.  While I can't say i know enough about Q Will to say he won't be great, I have confidence that he will not be the guy who gets the jets past the patriots.  brady will beat this guy, just like he torches every other team. 

but if the primary goal is to beat brady right now the best way to beat the patriots is to score a lot of points.  i prefer a trade back, even if they pick someone like burns in the first.  they need more premium picks.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

While I can't say i know enough about Q Will to say he won't be great, I have confidence that he will not be the guy who gets the jets past the patriots. 

first off, do yourself a favor and watch some Quinnen Williams highlights. He's the best Alabama DT for a generation and they churn out 1st and 2nd round DT every year. Even in the National Championship game which Bama lost 31-13, Williams made an impact (compare him to OT jonah williams, who everyone loves, but stunk). 

I don't think Williams (or Ed Oliver) can do it by themselves but if you combine this DT with another great DT in Leonard Williams (a player the fans sh*t on for no reason) they force the Pats (or any team with a quick throw QB) to keep it short. That's why the Super Bowl was 3-3 all game. 

Obviously they have to score points and yes everyone wants a trade down but when that doesn't happen they have to be prepared to make the correct decision not just fill out the roster based on need

if it's not Brady it will be someone else but everything goes through the QB and edge rush doesn't get there quick enough anymore 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i don't think the jets should be drafting a specific player to stop brady.  he's got maybe 2 years left.  the jets have the 3rd pick in the draft b/c they have a lot of holes in their roster and we've seen how DTs don't really change games most of the time.  While I can't say i know enough about Q Will to say he won't be great, I have confidence that he will not be the guy who gets the jets past the patriots.  brady will beat this guy, just like he torches every other team. 

but if the primary goal is to beat brady right now the best way to beat the patriots is to score a lot of points.  i prefer a trade back, even if they pick someone like burns in the first.  they need more premium picks.

In order to beat the Patriots you basically have to do what the Rams have done and what the Browns are doing. Load up on as much talent as possible, regardless of chemistry and hope it works out. Belichick and Brady are so far ahead of everyone else it really doesn’t matter who the Patriots throw out there. No ones outwitting the Pats. 

Edit * Mahomes is an all time talent and could eventually pass the Patriots as he’s that good.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

In order to beat the Patriots you basically have to do what the Rams have done and what the Browns are doing. Load up on as much talent as possible, regardless of chemistry and hope it works out. Belichick and Brady are so far ahead of everyone else it really doesn’t matter who the Patriots throw out there. No ones outwitting the Pats. 

to beat the patriots you have to score a lot of points, and have your defense be good sometimes.  like the chiefs almost did, except for that penalty.

10 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Eh. If Quinnen Williams turns out to be Gerald McCoy, does that really make the Jets better? We know he’s not Watt or Donald, so it’s such a meh prospect for me. Oliver at least has a shot at being a plus player in terms of making the Jets defense special. 

honestly If it were my pick I'd gamble and take Oliver. We know Mac's not a gambler. but both of those guys excite me more than Allen and scare me less than Bosa

Nick and Joey Bosa are never healthy when you need them to be. Great players. but hurt all the time 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bitonti said:

first off, do yourself a favor and watch some Quinnen Williams highlights. He's the best Alabama DT for a generation and they churn out 1st and 2nd round DT every year. Even in the National Championship game which Bama lost 31-13, Williams made an impact (compare him to OT jonah williams, who everyone loves, but stunk). 

I don't think Williams (or Ed Oliver) can do it by themselves but if you combine this DT with another great DT in Leonard Williams (a player the fans sh*t on for no reason) they force the Pats (or any team with a quick throw QB) to keep it short. That's why the Super Bowl was 3-3 all game. 

Obviously they have to score points and yes everyone wants a trade down but when that doesn't happen they have to be prepared to make the correct decision not just fill out the roster based on need

if it's not Brady it will be someone else but everything goes through the QB and edge rush doesn't get there quick enough anymore 

Williams gets sh*t on because his athletic limitations were obvious and he doesn’t get sacks. A fine player to get in the third round, not 6 overall. Same goes for Adams. If these so players were as good as advertised the Jets defense would be a lot better.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bitonti said:

mccagnan knows the top prospects well yet put a 'for sale' sign on the #3 pick.  he knows he needs more talent, not just a very good DT.

I think bosa, allen and Q will all be close in terms of nfl careers, even though they play different positions.  bosa isn't garrett in terms of pure power and quickness, Q can be neutralized by taking plays outside and allen will be a pretty good olb who lacks elite athleticism to be that perennial all pro.  

Just now, Matt39 said:

Williams gets sh*t on because his athletic limitations were obvious and he doesn’t get sacks. A fine player to get in the third round, not 6 overall. Same goes for Adams. If these so players were as good as advertised the Jets defense would be a lot better.

the Jets defense gets hung out to dry by the Jets offense and Williams played about 300 snaps too many last year 

for example the Jets were up by 18 points Leonard Williams gets ejected, they lose to GB. 

he's not the type of player that will ever impact the stat sheet but they are alot better with him than without him, and he can't do it by himself. 

Williams x 2 would be nasty as would Leo/Oliver 

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

if you don't get sacks or turnovers you're usually replaceable.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

mccagnan knows the top prospects well yet put a 'for sale' sign on the #3 pick.  he knows he needs more talent, not just a very good DT.

I think bosa, allen and Q will all be close in terms of nfl careers, even though they play different positions.  bosa isn't garrett in terms of pure power and quickness, Q can be neutralized by taking plays outside and allen will be a pretty good olb who lacks elite athleticism to be that perennial all pro.  

so that's a no on watching Q Williams highlights.

how do you know how exactly he can be neutralized if you don't want to know about him? 

bottom line Jets fans want Josh Allen to be Johnny Abe so thats what we are focused on 

but the Draft isn't about what we want to happen.  and edge rush isn't what it used to be 

Aaron Donald was the sack leader last year and JJ watt was up there too. Edge is overrated.

7 minutes ago, bitonti said:

How did J Williams stink? He did his job against a top ten pick. Q Williams also did good and is probably the best defensive player in this draft. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, bitonti said:

so that's a no on watching Q Williams highlights.

how do you know how exactly he can be neutralized if you don't want to know about him? 

bottom line Jets fans want Josh Allen to be Johnny Abe so thats what we are focused on 

but the Draft isn't about what we want to happen. 

because the patriots can outfox anyone and if the jets put Q in the middle they'd go around him.  

watch the patriots win w/o gronk now.  their OL blocks, period.

5 minutes ago, bitonti said:

honestly If it were my pick I'd gamble and take Oliver. We know Mac's not a gambler. but both of those guys excite me more than Allen and scare me less than Bosa

Nick and Joey Bosa are never healthy when you need them to be. Great players. but hurt all the time 

I am the 1.56% who picked him in this poll. He is the impact player this team needs, and is versatile as heck. Question for you.....coming out of Alabama, who would you have rated higher, Q. Williams or Marty Lyons?

• Upvote 1