Rosen's Value Dropping

peekskill68

I still think Rosen is falling right into the Giants lap for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder.  And if that happens and if Miami is in full "Tank for Tua" mode, I'm trying to come up with a scenario where Macc finds a trading partner coveting the #3.  Maybe the Redskins are in love with Haskins and fear the Raiders. But Gruden still needs to replace Mack, too.  Skins could probably get Haskins just sitting at #15.  

-------------------------------

Josh Rosen’s trade market just got a lot murkier

By Peter Botte

April 11, 2019 | 2:14pm

Enlarge Image

Josh Rosen

Perhaps the Redskins aren’t as interested in Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen as previously thought.

With the NFL draft looming in two weeks, NFL Network reports Washington is not “actively chasing” Rosen, a quarterback the Giants could trade for as Eli Manning’s eventual successor if they decide against using one of their two first-round picks on that position later this month.

“They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals’ price would be,” NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo said on the Around the NFL podcast concerning the Redskins’ interest level in Rosen. “But they’re not actively chasing him and I don’t know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they’re still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently.

“And they have made no firm decision about, ‘Are we going to draft a guy or are we going to go the Josh Rosen route or try to trade for someone?’ I just don’t sense it. … I don’t really believe that it’s a sizzling market for Josh Rosen.”

With Alex Smith suffering a broken leg in November and expected to miss the entire 2019 season, Washington acquired Case Keenum from Denver to compete with Colt McCoy for the starting job.

Rosen, the 10th overall pick in last year’s draft, participated in Arizona’s team workouts earlier this week despite indications that the Cardinals will draft Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray with the first overall selection.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

It will be awful if the giants get rosen for a cheap 2nd or 3rd rounder.  Just awful.

I think Rosen is a stiff so maybe the Jets can finally become THE NY football team. Lots of people here love him I do not get it

Still don’t know how Arizona takes Murray and just takes the loss on the QB they traded up for a year ago all because they hired a college coach who led a good offense but never really won anything. Just can’t see a team giving up a 1,3,5 to draft a QB only to trade him the next season for a 2nd or 3rd rounder they almost have to stick with Rosen after the investment they made.

15 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

I think Rosen is a stiff so maybe the Jets can finally become THE NY football team. Lots of people here love him I do not get it

I totally think he was worthy of a top 10 pick last year.  The giants might be getting their QB without having to wait and trade up to get him and get him cheap.  That is awful.

If you think he stinks then you are happy he goes there.  I think the giants would be getting an excellent QB prospect with a year of experience on the dirt cheap.

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

I still think Rosen is falling right into the Giants lap for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder.  And if that happens and if Miami is in full "Tank for Tua" mode, I'm trying to come up with a scenario where Macc finds a trading partner coveting the #3.  Maybe the Redskins are in love with Haskins and fear the Raiders. But Gruden still needs to replace Mack, too.  Skins could probably get Haskins just sitting at #15.  

-------------------------------

Josh Rosen’s trade market just got a lot murkier

By Peter Botte

April 11, 2019 | 2:14pm

Enlarge Image

Josh Rosen

Perhaps the Redskins aren’t as interested in Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen as previously thought.

With the NFL draft looming in two weeks, NFL Network reports Washington is not “actively chasing” Rosen, a quarterback the Giants could trade for as Eli Manning’s eventual successor if they decide against using one of their two first-round picks on that position later this month.

“They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals’ price would be,” NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo said on the Around the NFL podcast concerning the Redskins’ interest level in Rosen. “But they’re not actively chasing him and I don’t know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they’re still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently.

“And they have made no firm decision about, ‘Are we going to draft a guy or are we going to go the Josh Rosen route or try to trade for someone?’ I just don’t sense it. … I don’t really believe that it’s a sizzling market for Josh Rosen.”

With Alex Smith suffering a broken leg in November and expected to miss the entire 2019 season, Washington acquired Case Keenum from Denver to compete with Colt McCoy for the starting job.

Rosen, the 10th overall pick in last year’s draft, participated in Arizona’s team workouts earlier this week despite indications that the Cardinals will draft Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray with the first overall selection.

"Compete with Colt McCoy."  McCoy cant throw it 30 yards.  If that is their season plan, fire everyone now

29 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Rosen not being traded only increases our pick's value. 

There is absolutely nothing in this article about Rosen going for a 2nd or 3rd. 

You are correct.  I am speculating he will be traded cheaply to the Giants.  That's JMO.  The article only implies the trade market for Rosen is sluggish.

12 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

You are correct.  I am speculating he will be traded cheaply to the Giants.  That's JMO.  The article only implies the trade market for Rosen is sluggish.

That could also be because the Cards don't want to trade him or they want too much. 

2 hours ago, Ohhthepain said:

The best chance for us to trade down would be if Arizona stuck with Rosen and Kyler dropped to 3.

That would be an interesting scenario. The Jets could potentially be looking at Josh Allen and Kyler Murray on the board at number 3 if Bosa and Q Williams were taken first and second. Could be a tough call for the Jets depending upon the offer to come up but I would love for them to have that problem. It’s a can’t lose situation in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

As the draft approaches teams know the cards have to deal Rosen if they want Murray, so they’re waiting for the price to drop.

Just don’t see why Arizona has to rush to trade Rosen if they draft Murray. Both would be on cheap contracts so no cap issues. Hold out for your price. They hold all the leverage.

6 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Just don’t see why Arizona has to rush to trade Rosen if they draft Murray. Both would be on cheap contracts so no cap issues. Hold out for your price. They hold all the leverage.

After they draft Murray, if Rosen is still there it’s an incredibly awkward situation and rosen’s trade value is even less since teams know the cardinals won’t carry both of them.  Ideally for them there would be a competitive market but truth there are only a few teams that need new qbs.  I don’t understand why the redskins and giants aren’t all over this though.  

9 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Because this isn’t madden and locker room chemistry matters. Drafting 2 QBs in the first round consecutively would split their locker room in half.

I mean, I had Rosen as the 2nd best QB in that draft behind Darnold.

But his flaws are pretty damn glaring.

Thin framed and injury prone, limited mobility, major questions in the intangible department, etc.

Bottom line, this is pretty important sh*t, especially when you're talking about the QB position.

It’s no grand mystery that tennis was his preferred route before the shoulder injury and that he comes from a well-off family. He could very well decide to walk away from the game at the first sign of injury/adversity.

These were  very real questions surrounding Rosen for the last 2-3 years.

3 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

Because this isn’t madden and locker room chemistry matters. Drafting 2 QBs in the first round consecutively would split their locker room in half.

Well, the Redskins drafted two quarterbacks in consecutive rounds a few years ago. RGIII and Kirk Cousins were taken in the first and second round. I don’t think it’s completely unprecedented to do something like this. 

3 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

How much is it his personality that affecting his stock?

I doubt it - heard he was a hard working kid. Can't hold it against him that he asks a lot of questions and is a smart kid. Thankfully not everyone is a yes man even though that's what the NFL wants - especially some of the older owners - who ironically pay for sex and get caught on camera. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

After they draft Murray, if Rosen is still there it’s an incredibly awkward situation and rosen’s trade value is even less since teams know the cardinals won’t carry both of them.  Ideally for them there would be a competitive market but truth there are only a few teams that need new qbs.  I don’t understand why the redskins and giants aren’t all over this though.  

Granted the situation would be awkward, but not terrible from a leverage standpoint. Giants and Skins may be players for Rosen . Could be waiting for Arizona to blink and they have no reason to.

2 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Granted the situation would be awkward, but not terrible from a leverage standpoint. Giants and Skins may be players for Rosen . Could be waiting for Arizona to blink and they have no reason to.

That’s what i believe is happening, and there may be another team lurking with a veteran qb like sd.

Let’s see what happens with Bosa...he’s had to clean up his Twitter because he’s extremely politically vocal, polar opposite of Rosen, with hints that he may be a tad racist....that should go over like a lead balloon in the locker room.  Woody would love this guy.  

Mat least Josh Rosen has the balls to stand by his opinions, no matter how unpopular.

https://www.theroot.com/maga-loving-colin-kaepernick-hating-top-nfl-draft-pros-1833975768/amp

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/nick-bosa-is-hiding-donald-trump-support-ahead-of-nfl-draft/amp/

47 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

That would be an interesting scenario. The Jets could potentially be looking at Josh Allen and Kyler Murray on the board at number 3 if Bosa and Q Williams were taken first and second. Could be a tough call for the Jets depending upon the offer to come up but I would love for them to have that problem. It’s a can’t lose situation in my opinion. 

Let’s hope Kyler has a great visit with NYG

11 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Pretty much. There’s no reason Arizona needs to blink. Just wait it out. Worse case is they go to camp and let the young guns compete. 

6 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Let’s see what happens with Bosa...he’s had to clean up his Twitter because he’s extremely politically vocal, polar opposite of Rosen, with hints that he may be a tad racist....that should go over like a led balloon in the locker room.  Woody would love this guy.  

Mat least Josh Rosen has the balls to stand by his opinions, no matter how unpopular.

https://www.theroot.com/maga-loving-colin-kaepernick-hating-top-nfl-draft-pros-1833975768/amp

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/nick-bosa-is-hiding-donald-trump-support-ahead-of-nfl-draft/amp/

Not sure how you can say Rosen is the complete opposite of “politically vocal” when he was posting pics of his “F*ck Trump” hat on social media while chipping away on Trump’s golf course.

One of the knocks on Rosen coming out was that he’s some bigtime social justice warrior whose utter dedication to football is a big question mark.

23 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, I had Rosen as the 2nd best QB in that draft behind Darnold.

But his flaws are pretty damn glaring.

Thin framed and injury prone, limited mobility, major questions in the intangible department, etc.

Bottom line, this is pretty important sh*t, especially when you're talking about the QB position.

It’s no grand mystery that tennis was his preferred route before the shoulder injury and that he comes from a well-off family. He could very well decide to walk away from the game at the first sign of injury/adversity.

These were  very real questions surrounding Rosen for the last 2-3 years.

he did pretty well considering the beating he took behind the awful AZ OL last season. not to mention they had the worst OC in the league with mike mccoy... you know it’s bad when they couldn’t run the ball with david johnson at RB

Archived