Rosen's Value Dropping

peekskill68

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I totally think he was worthy of a top 10 pick last year.  The giants might be getting their QB without having to wait and trade up to get him and get him cheap.  That is awful.

If you think he stinks then you are happy he goes there.  I think the giants would be getting an excellent QB prospect with a year of experience on the dirt cheap.

Completely agree.

People knock Rosens mobility and attitude - well Brady and Rivers havent been able to run in 10 years and they have been fine.  And as far as his "attitude" nothing he has said is untrue.

If the Giants got him for their second rounder, drafted defense or Oline with 6 and 17, and let him sit 8 games and then play 8 games, they would have their QB of the future and would undo a lot of Gettlmens mistakes.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Not sure how you can say Rosen is the complete opposite of “politically vocal” when he was posting pics of his “F*ck Trump” hat on social media while chipping away on Trump’s golf course.

One of the knocks on Rosen coming out was that he’s some bigtime social justice warrior whose dedication to football is a big question mark.

I was referring to their political views.  If Josh gets dogged for expressing his views, so should Bosa.  

10 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

Let’s see what happens with Bosa...he’s had to clean up his Twitter because he’s extremely politically vocal, polar opposite of Rosen, with hints that he may be a tad racist....that should go over like a led balloon in the locker room.  Woody would love this guy.  

Mat least Josh Rosen has the balls to stand by his opinions, no matter how unpopular.

https://www.theroot.com/maga-loving-colin-kaepernick-hating-top-nfl-draft-pros-1833975768/amp

https://nypost.com/2019/04/10/nick-bosa-is-hiding-donald-trump-support-ahead-of-nfl-draft/amp/

Ohhhhh, didn’t know about this. I’ll actually be a little relieved when SF takes him now

3 minutes ago, cant wait said:

he did pretty well considering the beating he took behind the awful AZ OL last season. not to mention they had the worst OC in the league with mike mccoy... you know it’s bad when they couldn’t run the ball with david johnson at RB

If anything I think this whole experience gave Rosen the ego check he needed. The kid had no chance last year and pretty much any rookie would struggle with that supporting cast.

That said I don’t have a problem with the Cards drafting Murray. They hired Kingsbury and Murray is the perfect QB to execute that system. It will be intersting to see how they do together. 

11 minutes ago, David Harris said:

Ohhhhh, didn’t know about this. I’ll actually be a little relieved when SF takes him now

I mean, there’s also the injury concerns. I feel like he might break an ankle walking. 

The injury issues alone had me not wanting this guy. 

28 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

RGIII and. Cousins worked out 

Not the same when a qb is drafted top 10 and the other is a 4th rounder, not even close. 

Also, it didn’t work. They did not work well together in the least bit. How much value did Washington get in return for rg3 when his career went down the hole? Better to trade Rosen now if Murray is their guy.

Here’s chris cooley’s Take from inside the locker room 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2016/03/08/chris-cooley-robert-griffin-iii-was-never-willing-to-be-friends-with-kirk-cousins/?utm_term=.9d0dce422f70

56 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

I mean, I had Rosen as the 2nd best QB in that draft behind Darnold.

But his flaws are pretty damn glaring.

Thin framed and injury prone, limited mobility, major questions in the intangible department, etc.

Bottom line, this is pretty important sh*t, especially when you're talking about the QB position.

It’s no grand mystery that tennis was his preferred route before the shoulder injury and that he comes from a well-off family. He could very well decide to walk away from the game at the first sign of injury/adversity.

These were  very real questions surrounding Rosen for the last 2-3 years.

He also has one helluva “please punch me” face

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I totally think he was worthy of a top 10 pick last year.  The giants might be getting their QB without having to wait and trade up to get him and get him cheap.  That is awful.

If you think he stinks then you are happy he goes there.  I think the giants would be getting an excellent QB prospect with a year of experience on the dirt cheap.

It’s the NFL way of making things right

Nobody will give up a premium pick for a guy who can't get out of the way of the rush and can't create off script. If he can't do those things now how much worse will he be at them in 5 years?

It's ok to be a slow QB but it's not ok to lack awareness in the pocket and lack the ability to avoid pressure as a 22 year old.

I have a feeling that Arizona will just hold onto him and hope he has a good pre-season and try to move him then, if they draft Murray. I still don't think that's as much as a given as people think.

The other aspect is teams may want to see how the draft unfolds before they decide on what to do with Rosen. The extra year of control a team gets by drafting a guy this year instead of trading for Rosen matters.

12 minutes ago, choon328 said:

The extra year of control a team gets by drafting a guy this year instead of trading for Rosen matters.

If a team thinks that Rosen is a legit starter (it only takes one), trading for him makes a ton of sense. He signed a $17.5M contract, of which Arizona has already paid $11.6M. That's a top ten QB for three years for under $6M total. That's an incredible bargain. Teams should be lining up to trade for Rosen, especially teams like the Pats, Chargers, and Saints with old QBs and late picks. 

6 hours ago, SR24 said:

Still don’t know how Arizona takes Murray and just takes the loss on the QB they traded up for a year ago all because they hired a college coach who led a good offense but never really won anything. Just can’t see a team giving up a 1,3,5 to draft a QB only to trade him the next season for a 2nd or 3rd rounder they almost have to stick with Rosen after the investment they made.

Mind boggling especially with all the holes they have on that team, especially on the D.

17 minutes ago, slats said:

If a team thinks that Rosen is a legit starter (it only takes one), trading for him makes a ton of sense. He signed a $17.5M contract, of which Arizona has already paid $11.6M. That's a top ten QB for three years for under $6M total. That's an incredible bargain. Teams should be lining up to trade for Rosen, especially teams like the Pats, Chargers, and Saints with old QBs and late picks. 

Like I said earlier he is not capable of escaping the rush and his pocket awareness was awful last year. Those two things are not learned traits, their usually innate abilities. Teams saw that and are scared. Rightfully so. No matter how cheap her is or where he was drafted not having those abilities will hamper his entire career and outweigh any positives regarding his arm talent. Many QB's that were highly physically gifted throwing the ball have been terrible pros bc they didn't have those same abilities. I'm not sure he's worth any pick other than a day 3 pick bc I don't think he projects into a staring caliber QB. I def felt different last year but after seeing him play this past year and seeing those deficiencies I wouldn't touch him.

10 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Like I said earlier he is not capable of escaping the rush and his pocket awareness was awful last year. Those two things are not learned traits, their usually innate abilities. Teams saw that and are scared. Rightfully so. No matter how cheap her is or where he was drafted not having those abilities will hamper his entire career and outweigh any positives regarding his arm talent. Many QB's that were highly physically gifted throwing the ball have been terrible pros bc they didn't have those same abilities. I'm not sure he's worth any pick other than a day 3 pick bc I don't think he projects into a staring caliber QB. I def felt different last year but after seeing him play this past year and seeing those deficiencies I wouldn't touch him.

I have a lot of the same concerns, but Arizona was a terrible team with a terrible OL last year, and Rosen was a 21-year-old rookie. Maybe he's just simply not good. Or maybe he's Steve Young in Tampa. If Arizona is really gonna let him go, someone's gonna swoop in and find out. 

9 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

“They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals’ price would be,” NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo said on the Around the NFL podcast concerning the Redskins’ interest level in Rosen. “But they’re not actively chasing him and I don’t know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they’re still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently.

“And they have made no firm decision about, ‘Are we going to draft a guy or are we going to go the Josh Rosen route or try to trade for someone?’ I just don’t sense it. … I don’t really believe that it’s a sizzling market for Josh Rosen.”

This is “NFL Insider” speak for “I have zero knowledge of anything involved with this player, but I have to fill thirty seconds of airtime with some sh*t.” Read the words. Garofalo, who never brings anything to the table, is saying “they’re looking at the draft-eligible quarterbacks and they’re looking at Rosen and it’s all up in the air.” Worthless 

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I think Rosen is a stiff so maybe the Jets can finally become THE NY football team. Lots of people here love him I do not get it

I've said it before.  I saw all his games last year and even if he plays someday behind an adequate Oline the guy's Ceiling is a "Poor Man's Ken O'Brien" and he's not even close to that ceiling yet.

Huge problems when ANY play doesn't go as perfectly scripted.  The EXACT OPPOSITE of our guy.

"Buyer be ware".

I don't think he's worth even a 3rd, because he's nothing but a waste of time.  No team will ever make a deep playoff run with him starting.

If you're looking to be at best a .500 team someday, by all means trade for Rosen.

Rosen will be a good qb,  I just hope Giants or Pats do not get him on the cheap,  IF im Arizona and cant get good value I Keep him on team , till pre season , hes value will go up, cant see it going down.  Best place for him as Jets  fan,  probally Cinncy or Chargers.   Need him out of Giants , Redskins , Miami , mix  . 

9 hours ago, choon328 said:

Feeling the rush is important but the kid was a rookie.  It takes time in the NFL. Did Peyton “feel the rush” as a rookie?  Some of this stuff is developed. 

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

It’s no grand mystery that tennis was his preferred route before the shoulder injury and that he comes from a well-off family.  

josh rosen wasn't a real tennis prospect. He was a junior ranked when he was like 11 years old and those rankings are extremely subjective. 

everything else you said was spot on tho. 

Rosen does not have a lot of mobility at all, so any team committing to Rosen, has to commit to a certain style of offense and building a line that can give him time. If he has those things, he can be good, but he doesnt seem to be the type of QB who is going to win on his own, he is going to need the right situation and the right pieces around him. You can definitely do worse.

39 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Feeling the rush is important but the kid was a rookie.  It takes time in the NFL. Did Peyton “feel the rush” as a rookie?  Some of this stuff is developed. 

Pocket Awareness is not learned. Peyton, Brady etc have always had the ability to feel pressure and make people miss. Rosen looked petrified with pressure on him.

14 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Well, the Redskins drafted two quarterbacks in consecutive rounds a few years ago. RGIII and Kirk Cousins were taken in the first and second round. I don’t think it’s completely unprecedented to do something like this. 

4th rd however in 1965 the Jets took QB's in rd 1,2,4,and 7 :beer:

18 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

I still think Rosen is falling right into the Giants lap for a 2nd or even 3rd rounder.  And if that happens and if Miami is in full "Tank for Tua" mode, I'm trying to come up with a scenario where Macc finds a trading partner coveting the #3.  Maybe the Redskins are in love with Haskins and fear the Raiders. But Gruden still needs to replace Mack, too.  Skins could probably get Haskins just sitting at #15.  

-------------------------------

Josh Rosen’s trade market just got a lot murkier

By Peter Botte

April 11, 2019 | 2:14pm

Enlarge Image

Josh Rosen

Perhaps the Redskins aren’t as interested in Cardinals quarterback Josh Rosen as previously thought.

With the NFL draft looming in two weeks, NFL Network reports Washington is not “actively chasing” Rosen, a quarterback the Giants could trade for as Eli Manning’s eventual successor if they decide against using one of their two first-round picks on that position later this month.

“They have done a little bit of homework here, at least tried to figure out what the Cardinals’ price would be,” NFL Network’s Mike Garafolo said on the Around the NFL podcast concerning the Redskins’ interest level in Rosen. “But they’re not actively chasing him and I don’t know that they have a hard offer on the table because I know for a fact that they’re still going through the motions with the guys in the draft apparently.

“And they have made no firm decision about, ‘Are we going to draft a guy or are we going to go the Josh Rosen route or try to trade for someone?’ I just don’t sense it. … I don’t really believe that it’s a sizzling market for Josh Rosen.”

With Alex Smith suffering a broken leg in November and expected to miss the entire 2019 season, Washington acquired Case Keenum from Denver to compete with Colt McCoy for the starting job.

Rosen, the 10th overall pick in last year’s draft, participated in Arizona’s team workouts earlier this week despite indications that the Cardinals will draft Heisman Trophy winner Kyler Murray with the first overall selection.

I don’t buy it. Giants would have quite a fiasco when Eli is losing with Rosen on bench. We all saw the hissy fit Eli threw when he was benched.. I think giants are tanking for tuo, or even the next best 2 qbs next yr will more than likely be better than any of these this yr. without Odell, Eli’s @ qb will assure they have at least secure a top five pick next yr

9 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Was Rosen ever that good? I didn't follow his college career but thought he showed some flashes in his rookie year. Did he just get crushed in his rookie year playing for a bad team, and is there any hope of him being good? 

IMHO Rosen is better than what he showed in his rookie year with a terrible team. What's he worth in a trade? My guess no higher than a 2nd rounder. The Cards pretty much have to deal him if they select Murray which looks like a done deal. Teams know this so it's a buyers market for Rosen.

15 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

But it won't be. Murray all but a done deal at #1. How stupid . Kinda feel sorry for Rosen.

NYG are gonna have Rosen+Saquon and #6,17. I think that rebuilds going to be much quicker and more efficient than people think 

Archived