Rosen's Value Dropping

Whatever scenario leads to the Giants being a consistently bottom feeding team with no clear direction is the one I'm rooting for.  

Rosen was a top 10 pick last year.  If the Giants get him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year, it completely justifies taking Barkley at #2 last year, regardless if Rosen pans out or not.  Totally worth the gamble for the Giants IMO.  

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SR24 said:

NYG are gonna have Rosen+Saquon and #6,17. I think that rebuilds going to be much quicker and more efficient than people think 

Agreed, IF they pull off the Rosen deal. Still don't think Rosen is in it for the long haul but that's NMP.

3 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

IMHO Rosen is better than what he showed in his rookie year with a terrible team. What's he worth in a trade? My guess no higher than a 2nd rounder. The Cards pretty much have to deal him if they select Murray which looks like a done deal. Teams know this so it's a buyers market for Rosen.

Why wouldn’t they just keep Rosen then instead of drafting the elf? What makes them think the elf will turn out better results, given how bad the team is right now? Very perplexing

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Thai Jet said:

Agreed, IF they pull off the Rosen deal. Still don't think Rosen is in it for the long haul but that's NMP.

and that could well be a big reason that teams don't want to give up that much for him.  imagine him pouting on the giants bench this year while eli is sucking again.

1 minute ago, Freemanm said:

Why wouldn’t they just keep Rosen then instead of drafting the elf? What makes them think the elf will turn out better results, given how bad the team is right now? Very perplexing

Very good question and it leads me to believe that if it happens, Kliff Klingonberry needs to get tested for magic mushrooms in his system.

22 minutes ago, peebag said:

Very good question and it leads me to believe that if it happens, Kliff Klingonberry needs to get tested for magic mushrooms in his system.

It’s all that oppressive heat in Arizona that’s creating brain dysfunction. 

But its a dry heat so he has that going for him. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

Giant fan friend told me last year that Rosen's interview with the Giants brass did not go well at all.  Apparently came off as very arrogant and the gints weren't having it.  Don't know where he heard or read that.  Could have just been message board/social media rumors.  

I do remember that being mention last year but can't remember which team. Giants ? Bills ? both ?

The good news for the Jets and Mac is that there is a worse run team and GM-the Cards and Keim.  

They hired KK, so now they either need to get him a QB that works for his system or get a new coach.  I don’t believe that KK thought he could work with Rosen.  Rosen is the exact opposite QB of what his system requires.  

I don’t think Rosen did anything on or off the football field to make anyone think he is different than what people thought he was.  Maybe he was falling like a rock if the Cards did not draft him.

But given that a team would only be on the hook for his salary and not the bonus already paid, I would think someone would offer at least a 3rd round pick for him.  Even a low second.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Freemanm said:

Very stupid might be more appropriate. Supposedly Murray is a perfect fit for Kingsbury system. The same system that was 35-40 under Kingsbury and produced only  2 winning seasons (8-5, 7-6 )  out of 6 even with Pat Mahomes.

• Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Cards GM is desperate to get a 1 for Rosen, to save face, but it aint happening.  If i am the Giants, i dont give #6 in Rnd 2 for him either.

Amazing how that GM blows both qb & coach in one yr and keeps his job.

This is negotiations.  Ultimately he will trade Rosen for a third he really wants both third round picks from the giants

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, DirtyJersey said:

Cards GM is desperate to get a 1 for Rosen, to save face, but it aint happening.  If i am the Giants, i dont give #6 in Rnd 2 for him either.

Amazing how that GM blows both qb & coach in one yr and keeps his job.

This is when the owner comes in and tells the GM that he gets a pass and to start over and focus on not picking first next year.   The extra draft pick, even a 3rd, and ditching Rosen’s salary and influence helps that.  Sign Warford as a backup of another short mobile QB,.

• Upvote 1

On 4/16/2019 at 9:57 AM, varjet said:

This is when the owner comes in and tells the GM that he gets a pass and to start over and focus on not picking first next year.   The extra draft pick, even a 3rd, and ditching Rosen’s salary and influence helps that.  Sign Warford as a backup of another short mobile QB,.

The Bidwells are almost as bad as Woody.  That lone Super Bowl appearance was an aberration.  

On 4/12/2019 at 12:59 PM, ChuckkieB said:

Rosen was a top 10 pick last year.  If the Giants get him for a 2nd or 3rd round pick this year, it completely justifies taking Barkley at #2 last year, regardless if Rosen pans out or not.  Totally worth the gamble for the Giants IMO.  

The Giants had their choice of Darnold, Allen and Rosen.  Rosen sucking doesn't change the fact that passed over the other QBs. Barkley being gtreat and the others not, justifies them, but if Darnold turns into Andrew Luck or Josh Allen into Aaron Rodgers, Barkley has to be Walter ******* Payton.  Whoever they get this year doesn't justify it, just like getting Darnold didn't really justify passing over Watson and Mahomes. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Giants had their choice of Darnold, Allen and Rosen.  Rosen sucking doesn't change the fact that passed over the other QBs. Barkley being gtreat and the others not, justifies them, but if Darnold turns into Andrew Luck or Josh Allen into Aaron Rodgers, Barkley has to be Walter ******* Payton.  Whoever they get this year doesn't justify it, just like getting Darnold didn't really justify passing over Watson and Mahomes. 

I would rather have Darnold over Watson.

I would rather have Mahomes over Darnold.  

I would rather have Darnold over Mayfield, Allen or Rosen.

I would rather have Darnold over any QB in this year's class.  

Getting Darnold does not excuse drafting Hack and Nathan Shepherd.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I would rather have Darnold over Watson.

I would rather have Mahomes over Darnold.  

I would rather have Darnold over Mayfield, Allen or Rosen.

I would rather have Darnold over any QB in this year's class.  

Getting Darnold does not excuse drafting Hack and Nathan Shepherd.

This isn't really an episode of "would you rather."  The simple fact is, if you drafted a good QB, you will more than get your draft slot back.  If you didn't (Rosen?) maybe not.  If you had Watson or Mahomes, you're probably going to be able to trade them for more value than Jamal Adams, therefore, they were better choices.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Rosen statistically had about the same rookie year Goff and Trubisky had

The giants need a successor to Eli but using the 6th pick on Haskin basically ends the upcoming season.  Might as well just trade both thirds for Rosen the. He can start in 2020 

Josh Rosen speaks and seems ready for a Cardinals trade

April 18, 2019 | 1:26pm

Josh Rosen has reached the acceptance stage.

The Cardinals quarterback seems to see the writing on the wall that he could be dealt should Arizona use the No. 1 pick in the draft on Heisman Trophy-winning quarterback Kyler Murray.

“I think when people talk about, like, you can’t listen to criticism or you can’t read articles, you have to be aware of what’s going on to a certain extent,” the quarterback told Sports Illustrated in his first extensive comments this offseason. “I definitely understand the situation. It’s annoying, but it is what it is — football’s a business. I definitely respect the higher-ups and their decisions.”

SEE ALSO

image.gif.67fb6f4d6b6a5238da56777b3595ae12.gif

Rosen said he just wants to be a starter, no matter where he plays, which may not be with the Cardinals. He struggled as a rookie, on a poor team that went 3-13. Then, when Kliff Kingsbury was surprisingly hired to replace Steve Wilks, and Murray opted for football over baseball, things appeared to change.

“I think this [past] season went as poorly as it could possibly go, but within that, I had an unbelievable time,” Rosen said. “We won three games, and each one of those wins, to me it felt like we won the Super Bowl.

“That feeling is so intoxicating, and that’s why I just want nothing more to be part of a team next year and have the same opportunities to go out and compete.”

That team may not be the Cardinals, who left Rosen out of their schedule-release hype video.

• Upvote 2

On 4/16/2019 at 3:33 PM, Philc1 said:

Teams not wanting Rosen even for a third rd pick is almost as believable as the Seahawks trading Wilson

I do not like Rosen one bit and believe he will bust badly but yes a 2nd round pick for him is a gamble any team without a QB has to take. That said... Giants are pretty old school and might not see him as a “culture fit.”

On 4/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, DirtyJersey said:

The Bidwells are almost as bad as Woody.  That lone Super Bowl appearance was an aberration.  

By its very definition, one occurrence is always an aberration.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Anthony Jet said:

I still find it hard to believe that a qb needy team isn’t all over this guy, the cardinals have to be asking for the moon

What you’re seeing is that his skill set isn’t geared for the modern nfl and teams still have concerns about his injury history/attitude/willingness to play an entire career. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, jgb said:

I do not like Rosen one bit and believe he will bust badly but yes a 2nd round pick for him is a gamble any team without a QB has to take. That said... Giants are pretty old school and might not see him as a “culture fit.”

By its very definition, one occurrence is always an aberration.

Could be. In Gettleman's presser yesterday, he made a huge point of saying that a QB in this market has to have mental toughness to be able to deal with everything that comes with playing here and that in his eyes it's on par with physical ability. Reading between the lines, is he referring not only to this years crop, but maybe someone else who may be available?

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

What you’re seeing is that his skill set isn’t geared for the modern nfl and teams still have concerns about his injury history/attitude/willingness to play an entire career. 

Not gonna debate those points, all may be true. But the need for QB up until last year was rampant around the league, to take a shot on a guy that 1 year ago was a very highly touted prospect, teams would be goin crazy for the Opportunity to grab a guy like this for a 2nd rounder, at least it seemed that way. I guess I can’t believe how the QB market in general has shifted 

Of course Rosen’s value coming off of last season is going to be less than what he was drafted at.   Arizona had a miserable season and Rosen got caught up in that.  You also have the fact that everyone and their mother knows Arizona is taking Murray, so it’s not like Arizona is operating from a position of strength here.  I would expect to see Rosen moved during the draft after Haskins comes off the board.  Doubtful that Arizona will get a first but maybe a team will give up a 2nd and 4th for him. 

32 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Tom Brady just beat Phillip Rivers and Patrick Mahomes to get to the Super Bowl. Jared Goff beat Drew Brees, who beat Nick Foles and Dak Prescott to get to the Super Bowl. The only guy among that group to crack a 4.8/40 was Dak Prescott at 4.79. Nobody good runs anymore.

• Upvote 1