Ty Montgomery to Jets

Patriot Killa

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Eh.  We need to take a stud back w/ one of our 3rd round picks.

We signed Bell, now have Montgomery, and have two prospects basically in McGuire and Cannon. I'd say we're pretty set unless they take a flyer on someone later on. (Give me Alex Mattison).

We got needs across the board and Bell will play a LOT. Let's bolster the O-line so it doesn't matter who's running back there.

5 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why is it our gm brings in forte, bell, crowell, montgomery etc?  

RB is the easiest position to draft in football.

I don’t hate Montgomery but I agree with the sentiment entirely. Why do we always have well compensated vet running backs? No position contributes immediately rookie year like RBs.

53 minutes ago, Stark said:

seriously, what value does McGuire have? I don't see anything out of him. To me this is a guy that JETS fans hoped would turn into something that he hasn't and I don't think he will.

In all seriousness what do you think you can get for McGuire? A 6?

I guess I could see us trying to trade him I just don't know why any team would trade for him.

lol - we couldn't get a bag of used footballs for McGuire. He's trash.

3 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I know. Two running backs that can play effectively (one much better than the other, of course) as slot receivers. 

Not a matchup problem at all....

Ty is one dimensional player who is injured all the time. He’s not going to spell Bell in passing downs 

it’s a sh*t signing 

44 minutes ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Why is it our gm brings in forte, bell, crowell, montgomery etc?  

RB is the easiest position to draft in football.

Probably cause they have limited picks with plenty needs and don’t wanna use one on a running back this year ..

Montgomery gives you value not only as RB and a returner but he can line up as a Receiver if needed . 

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Probably cause they have limited picks with plenty needs and don’t wanna use one on a running back this year ..

Montgomery gives you value not only as RB and a returner but he can like up as a Receiver if needed . 

right.  forte may not have been a good choice but ivory was good and even crowell had some decent games last season.  by getting these one year rentals the jets can use the draft for more important needs.  plus they just signed their bell cow.  they really don't need to invest much in a running back for this season or even next.  the position has been seriously upgraded from what it was over the past few seasons.

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Ty is one dimensional player who is injured all the time. He’s not going to spell Bell in passing downs 

it’s a sh*t signing 

I thought that from the first mention of Montgomery.  Then everyone here hasa been gushing about this.  I think it's a waste of a roster spot, time and and money.  Only I wasn't brave enough to say so while everyone else is patting Maccagnan on the back over it.  Ptui.

I know. Two running backs that can play effectively (one much better than the other, of course) as slot receivers. 

Not a matchup problem at all....
I think you miss the point. Effectively their skill set is the same. It is good to have the big bulky rb who can run through a tired line neither rb is known for that or really has that skill set.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

6 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I think you miss the point. Effectively their skill set is the same. It is good to have the big bulky rb who can run through a tired line neither rb is known for that or really has that skill set.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Ain’t gonna be enough carries anyway for some big plodding back to be used effectively. 

4 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile 

Its an older stat, sir...but it still checks out.

20190411_192431.thumb.jpg.9de692362f768689273070c4a1e26391.jpg

Archived