Ty Montgomery to Jets

Just now, BrickTamland said:

Wrong. I wanted to draft him out of Stanford in mid rounds.

The dude can play 2 spots. We needed a reliable backup at RB and we also needed a guy who can play as receiver.

He’s a backup for us and a very good one. 

terrible back up. 

2 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm not watching a fan made sizzle reel. I watched him play in real life. If he had any mustard to punch the ball through a line, that disappeared 2 seasons ago.

GB got rid of him. Do you understand that? A team with no establish RB at the time, who passed the ball 80% of the team happily got rid of him for nothing... to another team where he saw... 10 snaps total? 

He's done. 

I’ll give you this. I didnt watch much football last year.

So if you’re saying he went from good to bad last year then you may have a point - except my counter would be it was a tumultuous situation and not really representative

the real reason why this is BS... is because we shouldn't have to hire someone else's trash.. McGuire and Cannon should be ballin'.... we;re like, literally the only franchise who can't figure out how to draft a RB. We have keep paying others

• Bell
  • Crowell
  • Forte
  • Ivory
  • LT
  • Thomas Jones
  • Curtis Martin

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

GB got rid of him. Do you understand that? A team with no establish RB at the time, who passed the ball 80% of the team happily got rid of him for nothing... to another team where he saw... 10 snaps total? 

He's done. 

GB is in shambles Aaron Rodgers is a prima donna who wants to be owner,GM,HC Mr.Everything.  

Ty Montgomery fumbled BIG DEAL he  made a mistake Ryan Fitzpatrick threw 6 INT's in 1 game and many still wanted him be the starting QB here. 

Give the guy a chance. 

Maybe if our GM wasn't so incompetent he could draft a decent RB and wouldn't have to sign them in free agency. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Paradis said:

the real reason why this is BS... is because we should have to hire someone else's trash.. McGuire and Cannon should be ballin'.... we;re like, literally the only franchise who can't figure out how to draft a RB. We have keep paying others

• Bell
  • Crowell
  • Forte
  • Ivory
  • LT
  • Thomas Jones
  • Curtis Martin

Like WHAT THE FCK

This definitely true

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BrickTamland said:

So if you’re saying he went from good to bad last year then you may have a point - except my counter would be it was a tumultuous situation and not really representative

Yes, there was time 2 years ago when he still had some spark... and he could come in as a 3rd down back and shake things up... but since got knicked up in 2017, he's lost that spark. And we just paid a 3-down back handsomely. 

We need that lightning in a bottle guy / goal line banger. 

Marion Barber type. 

14 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm not watching a fan made sizzle reel. I watched him play in real life. If he had any mustard to punch the ball through a line, that disappeared 2 seasons ago.

He's done. 

Greenbay got rid of him because he made a mental error. I imagine it's not the easiest situation to learn a new offense mid-season, especially when they're transitioning to a rookie QB who can't afford to take time helping guys in the huddle with the play. Maybe he isn't the brightest guy and could do better with a whole offseason to learn an offense.

The guy is a versatile backup/role player. The way he's tilted you is amusing.

25 minutes ago, Paradis said:

He's done. 

GB had Aaron Jones who is a heck of a back and Edwards was averaging over 5 ypc  for Balt

24 minutes ago, Paradis said:

the real reason why this is BS... is because we shouldn't have to hire someone else's trash.. McGuire and Cannon should be ballin'.... we;re like, literally the only franchise who can't figure out how to draft a RB. We have keep paying others

• Bell
  • Crowell
  • Forte
  • Ivory
  • LT
  • Thomas Jones
  • Curtis Martin

Like WHAT THE FCK

And when the Jets do draft RB's they often find decent players. I would kill to see Leon Washington on this roster. Even a healthy younger Bilal Powell.

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

GB had Aaron Jones who is a heck of a back and Edwards was averaging over 5 ypc  for Balt

I'm very aware of who Jones is, but nonetheless, GB had Jones suspended to start the season, and no established lead back all season... They insisted on rolling out Ty as their unimpressive 3rd down option... and then traded him... to a team where he was INACTIVE to finish off the season before seeing 0 snaps in the playoffs.  5 yards average? He average being a healthy scratch. 

Look i'm done. You guys like the move, great. good for y'all. I'll go back to being right about this stuff, and hoping one day the Front Office might figure out how to draft and build a roster.  

35 minutes ago, Paradis said:

• Bell
  • Crowell
  • Forte
  • Ivory
  • LT
  • Thomas Jones
  • Curtis Martin

Like WHAT THE FCK

Martin is one of the best ever. Jones played great for us. LT was solid. Ivory was pretty solid. Crowell wasn't great, but wasn't the worst ever. Bell is the best in the league. What's your point? 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Martin is one of the best ever. Jones played great for us. LT was solid. Ivory was pretty solid. Crowell wasn't great, but wasn't the worst ever. Bell is the best in the league. What's your point? 

I said it's BS that we have to keep paying for RBs.... while other teams seem to have no problem drafting them.

Was that confusing when i said that with words?

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, Paradis said:

If i sound like a dick (which i do) it comes from a place of frustration with Management. I could run this team better, as could many of you.

It's nothing personal directed any poster here. 

None taken we all get frustrated with the NY Jets at one time or another. 

• Upvote 1

This guy is a WR that can play RB This is a great signing you can line this guy in the slot he returns kicks. He adds a another dimension to the Jets offense.
We already paid a guy fairly well to return kicks this off-season. We also paid a slot receiver well. Can he play center or cb or rush the passer?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

53 minutes ago, Paradis said:

• Bell
  • Crowell
  • Forte
  • Ivory
  • LT
  • Thomas Jones
  • Curtis Martin

You forgot Chris Johnson.  And Mike Goodson.  And Stevan Ridley.  And Zac Stacy. 

Meh. He’ll be cut before the season. He’s not good. I honestly believe that Cannon will be a nice piece and Eli can be used like a Kevin Faulk type and Henderson could also contribute. 

Not sure why everyone is getting excited about a part-time part-time back.

People here were comfortable with McGuire being the backup but are complaining about signing a better version of McGuire?

They're complaining that he disobeyed a coach but are ok with certain players on the team threatening sexual assault against a police officers wife?

Craziness

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

There is literally no downside to this and anybody complaining now is just a ******* hater.

There is no downside to any vet min deal in April... Crazy thing though... Imagine if there were a place where we could still discuss it... Like a JETS forum or something... lol

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Some of you guys sure know how to polish a turd and call it a diamond. What's great about it?  He got traded from GB because he sucked. They had injuries and suspensions last year at RB and Ty couldn't do anything but fall forward into an injury... fack atta here with this Jets apologist approach.

Uh, he can't run the ball past a DT with cement feet? He's at best 3rd down back who can offer mediocre ability to catch and run.,. gee, we just paid Bell how much to do that?

How can you say that with a straight face?

• He worse than McGuire at everything at RB does, sauf maybe pass pro
  • We already have Cannon and Bellamy and Peake competing for roster wasting space on ST.. we need another?
  • He can't punch in against 5 man box. He's not a better 3rd down option than Bell... so wtf is this going to besides wasting my team on JN?

McGuire and Cannon are JAGS. Get over it. I hope they draft a real 3 down RB to play behind Bell as well and get rid of McGuire and Cannon.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Some of you guys sure know how to polish a turd and call it a diamond. What's great about it?  He got traded from GB because he sucked. They had injuries and suspensions last year at RB and Ty couldn't do anything but fall forward into an injury... fack atta here with this Jets apologist approach.

Uh, he can't run the ball past a DT with cement feet? He's at best 3rd down back who can offer mediocre ability to catch and run.,. gee, we just paid Bell how much to do that?

How can you say that with a straight face?

• He worse than McGuire at everything at RB does, sauf maybe pass pro
  • We already have Cannon and Bellamy and Peake competing for roster wasting space on ST.. we need another?
  • He can't punch in against 5 man box. He's not a better 3rd down option than Bell... so wtf is this going to besides wasting my team on JN?

I’m going to have to respectfully disagree on some of this. He is not worse than McGuire. McGuire is overhyped by JETS fans. We didn’t sign him to do anything but spell Bell and as insurance because all we have is JAGS behind Bell. McGuire is a very poor mans Powell. Cannon has speed but appears not much else (maybe Gase can get something similar to a Tarik Cohen/Darren Sproles out of him). Henderson might be a short yardage back. Ty Montgomery almost averaged 5 ypc in Green Bay and his production when he played as a receiver/pass catching back makes anyone on our team not named Bell look like a practice squad player. 

Is he a great back, no. But he’s able do run/catch/pass pro and has shown more ability than any non starter on our team. 

I would cut McGuire (unless you could miraculously trade him) draft Benny Snell Jr and go

Bell

Snell Jr

Montgomery RB/KR 

Henderson / Cannon 

you have to remember once we draft Hurd we would then have multiple skill set players at WR and RB and Montgomery to me is insurance for Bell/KR for the departure of A Roberts on his 1 year deal. 

• Sympathy 1

I like Montgomery bc he's another weapon that teams will have to account for in the run game and pass game. Like Bell, he's a matchup nightmare in space against a linebacker. But, let's not be fooled in thinking that he is the answer if Bell, God forbid, gets hurt. I still think they should bring in a guy like Spencer Ware or use the late 3rd/early 4th on a 3 down back.

Like @Paradis said earlier, the Jets still need a guy that can come in on 1st and 2nd down when Bell needs a breather. The Jets don't currently have that guy on the roster.

• Thumb Down 1