Super Homer Dream Draft! Traaaaaaades

GREENBEAN

10 minutes ago, Ohhthepain said:

Would be incredible but I dont believe the Giants will trade up for Haskins. I think he will be there at 6 if they want him.

I'm not even sure they take him at 6 if he's there. Could me smokescreen but most people now seem to think they're passing on a QB at 6 and maybe taking one at 17.

• Sympathy 1

That would be a haul.  But I think trade downs for the most part are worked out in advance, based on contingencies.  So it would be hard to work out all these deals in fifteen minutes based on picks that you just got and from a position that you weren't in before the draft so you couldn't plan in advance.

28 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Let me summarize for those who don't want to sit there for 16 minutes (and remember, this is fantasy best possible scenario stuff):

1) Cards don't take Murray so I think Bosa and Quenton go 1-2...I skipped the beginning so not sure. 

2) Trade down from 3 to 4 by bullying the Raiders into believing we will trade with another team and they pick Murray. We get 27th pick in return. 

3) From 4 we force the Giants to trade up from 6 to get Haskins so we get back pick 17. 

4) From pick 6 we bully Elway into trading up for Drew Lock and move down to 10 and pick up 2020 1st as well as a 2nd and 3rd. 

5) Here are the picks we actually make now:

Pick 10 - Brian Burns - OLB - he skips Sweat due to heart condition

Pick 17 - Jonah Williams - LT 

Pick 27 - Garret Bradbury - C

Pick 41 - DeAndre Baker - CB

Pick 68 - our own pick - Riley Ridley - WR 

Pick 71 - Amani Oruwariye - CB

Thanks... I legit fell asleep watching it.

26 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

If Mac pulls this off he should be immediately extended for a decade. 

or anything even close. haha .

To turn this #3 pick into 2 firsts, a second and third this year and a 1st next year would be fargin incredible! Not happening , but incredible. 

This is in the gneral direction I am hoping we go. While this masterful of a haul is unlikely, taking this little piece of high draft capital and using it to secure the ability to add a bunch more would be the best case scenario.  taking Josh Allen, while fine, just doesn't compare to adding more ability to choose players later in the draft and next year. If we can come out of this with a 2nd this year and a 1st next year I will be as happy as I've been in years watching the Jets. 

On 4/12/2019 at 4:18 PM, JetFreak89 said:

Let me summarize for those who don't want to sit there for 16 minutes (and remember, this is fantasy best possible scenario stuff):

1) Cards don't take Murray so I think Bosa and Quenton go 1-2...I skipped the beginning so not sure. 

2) Trade down from 3 to 4 by bullying the Raiders into believing we will trade with another team and they pick Murray. We get 27th pick in return. 

3) From 4 we force the Giants to trade up from 6 to get Haskins so we get back pick 17. 

4) From pick 6 we bully Elway into trading up for Drew Lock and move down to 10 and pick up 2020 1st as well as a 2nd and 3rd. 

5) Here are the picks we actually make now:

Pick 10 - Brian Burns - OLB - he skips Sweat due to heart condition

Pick 17 - Jonah Williams - LT 

Pick 27 - Garret Bradbury - C

Pick 41 - DeAndre Baker - CB

Pick 68 - our own pick - Riley Ridley - WR 

Pick 71 - Amani Oruwariye - CB

LOL 

Obviously this would be amazing. 

But apart from the multiple trades being highly unlikely, most of these guys will not last till the picks predicted. Jonah at 17? Doubt it. Bradbury at 27? Doubt it. Burns at 10- sure. Baker at 41? Maybe, but unlikely. Ridley at 68? Fine, I'll bite. Amani at 71? No way. 

I also find it odd that no TEs, DTs or RBs are taken. This is a deep draft for all 3 of those positions and the Jets don't grab anyone late? 

On 4/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, GREENBEAN said:

This guy gets it. Let’s have a little fun abd you with what’s possible with our #3 overall pick.

I would have disregarded some of his concerns to grab the first guy but I enjoyed this one overall. This would be fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Haha kooky. I did this same thing at first-pick.com and came away with 20 draft picks. Was loads of fun. And yes with that 1st pick after trading back I too picked Brian Burns.

51 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Haha kooky. I did this same thing at first-pick.com and came away with 20 draft picks. Was loads of fun. And yes with that 1st pick after trading back I too picked Brian Burns.

HAHAHA! 

Thats awesome. Yeah, this is the type of stuff I'd prefer to see these last couple of weeks before the draft. Loads of fun to explore that sort of stuff. 

If we can get the first trade back accomplished, I would think we can swing a few more. Getting to 3 is just so damn expensive. That's the hard part with this particular draft. 

• Upvote 1