TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

21 minutes ago, EM31 said:

Apologies for the delay.  Work interfered.

First of all stop responding to positions that I have not taken.  I have not mentioned Patrick Mahomes at all but since you want to bring it up yet again I do not think that even the most ardent of Adams' supporters are saying that Adams is even close to being as impactful of a player.  Because he is not.  I did however note that Khalil Mack, arguably the most impactful defensive player in the NFL.... Well now, he just got traded.  You can argue that the Raiders did not get enough in return or that they got way too much but either way they found out what the price was before they decided.

I have no position on either side of any potential Adams trade.  I have no position because nobody has come up with a price where I would decide yes I would take that or no i would not take that.  The ONLY point I did make and the one which you seems to have trouble grasping is that a policy of rather determined ignorance, you know the ostrich with his head in the sand policy is pretty much indefensible.

And finally I am very comfortable with the notion that every single player in the NFL has a trade price where it would be negligent on the part of the GM not to pull the trigger on a deal.  Every single player.  Period.  Yes that includes Mahomes too.

If you want to discuss absolute fantasy have at it, it’s what I think of as your version of sticking your head in the sand or rather the clouds  

There is no price RIGHT NOW that you could pay for Mahomes. 

None. If you are dealing in reality and not fantasy.  

It’s obvious you still don’t understand the difference between Adams and every player you listed even though others have explained it to you.  

Let it go. 

9 hours ago, genot said:

He's already a great player. Look at the film dude. he does it all. He' all over the field making plays. In coverage. In the back field. He's a great blitzer. What would you have him do.

Playing safety would be nice. He’s runs around like a chicken that gets his head cut off in coverage. 

5 hours ago, genot said:

Idzik was a disaster. Mac has made a few disastrous picks. Some of the other busts at least can be justified as reasonable picks at the time. Some of his picks, the jury is still out on. Mac, a disaster. Too harsh.

True. He’s an atrocity.

1 hour ago, Sammybighead said:

Why is the thread still going? This is the exact reason we're one of the most pathetic fanbases in the NFL. Give me a break with this horse poop

Hey, hey....only #3!  Not bad!

3. New York Jets

NFL movement: Up 1

Total score: 21.38
All-sport rank: 6 (up 4)
Ranking by category: Championships, 4 (tie); Playoff berths, 4; Playoff wins, 17; Heartbreaks, 19; Rival comparison, 3

Sports Misery Index Formula

The five primary factors in the Fan Misery Index formula:

• 1. Championships: The more (and more recently) you win championships, the less you have to complain about. However, if your most recent championship was 25-plus years ago, it's almost as if you've never won at all.

• 2. Playoff berths: How are you going to win a championship if you don't make the playoffs? It's bad enough to not hoist the big trophy at the end of the year, but not even putting yourself in the postseason is cause for a venting session or 10. We won't tolerate too much bellyaching from teams that are always in the postseason.

• 3. Playoff wins: Great, you're in the playoffs, but what's the point if you don't do anything once you're there? Seeing your team go one-and-done in the postseason is quite painful -- almost as bad as not going in the first place. But if you win playoff games every year, you have less reason to complain.

• 4. Heartbreaks: It's one thing to lose -- it's another to get your heart ripped out of your chest "Temple of Doom" style. Whether it's blowing a big lead, losing a Game 7, losing at the last second or simply losing a title game, it's OK to be miserable. However, some winning teams scored high in this metric because you're going to have more "bad beats" the more you play at the final table.

• 5. Rival comparison: Having your team stink and break your heart is bad enough, but having the fans of the teams you hate celebrating championships and playoff wins is salt in the wound.

Note that this formula takes into account the recency factor: Winning a championship in the past five years does not allow you to be miserable, nor does anyone care about some heartbreak that happened 30-40 years ago (cough, Bill Buckner, cough). Stuff that happened last season is factored more than stuff that happened two-to-five years ago, which means more than stuff six-to-10 years ago, which means more than stuff 11-20 years ago, which means more than ... you get the picture.

Significant relocations are also downplayed. For example, an Indianapolis Colts fan should not bellyache about the heartbreaks of the Colts in Baltimore, and a Los Angeles Rams fan does not get to strut his stuff about what "The Greatest Show on Turf" did in St. Louis. The Los Angeles Chargers get to own San Diego's misery because (a) L.A. and San Diego are quite close and (b) I'm pretty sure most of the Chargers' fans still live in San Diego. Also, Houston Texans fans don't get to complain about the Houston Oilers, but we'll allow new Winnipeg Jets fans to complain about the old Winnipeg Jets.

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=trueWhy they moved up: Another lost season made even worse by having to watch another Patriots championship celebration. The Jets stumbled to a 4-12 mark, which not only cost Todd Bowles his job but also gave New York an eighth consecutive non-playoff season. That's bad enough, but having to watch former coach (at least for a day) Belichick lead New England to a sixth title was even worse. It almost makes "the Butt Fumble" seem tolerable.

Moving forward: Bowles is the latest in a long line of Jets coaches to have failed to bring this franchise a championship, which it hasn't had in 50 years. Can Adam Gase (who didn't get things done in Miami) be the one to point young quarterback Sam Darnold and the franchise back toward respectability? Guess we'll see, but this fan base is sick of hoping for good things to happen.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24402996/ranking-most-miserable-fan-bases-nfl

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

If you want to discuss absolute fantasy have at it, it’s what I think of as your version of sticking your head in the sand or rather the clouds  

There is no price RIGHT NOW that you could pay for Mahomes. 

None. If you are dealing in reality and not fantasy.  

It’s obvious you still don’t understand the difference between Adams and every player you listed even though others have explained it to you.  

Let it go. 

You keep going back to Mahomes.  Why not stick with the original topic Jamal Adams.  Adams is the topic of this thread.

If someone were to offer two first rounders for him right now i would take it in a heartbeat and feel as if I had robbed the other team.  Nobody would likely offer such a price because he is not even close to being worth that much.  Yes, Jamal Adams is still on a rookie deal but he is also only cheap for another two years given that he is already half way through the four year deal.

At some point between two number ones and a single top five pick is where I personally would lean towards taking the deal if another GM were to offer such a thing.  Obviously such an offer would be predicated on some kind of reasonable prediction about where in the first round those pick would fall. 

By the way this is a message board.  We bat around all kinds of strange and not so strange ideas every day.  That is what this place is all about.  Last time I checked neither of us are GMs for an NFL team. 

But to your point.  Fine.  I will live in my fantasy world while you agree to stay nicely ensconced in your own. Me considering different potential offers before I would say yes or no and you carefully not taking phone calls and not listening to any information from the outside world.  Which of us I wonder really has the more fantastic world view?

By the way this is where you get to bring up OBJ or some other player I have never referenced in order for you to be able to slip in your own pre-canned counter arguments for why the position that I never actually took is the wrong one.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, EM31 said:

You keep going back to Mahomes.  Why not stick with the original topic Jamal Adams.  Adams is the topic of this thread.

If someone were to offer two first rounders for him right now i would take it in a heartbeat and feel as if I had robbed the other team.  Nobody would likely offer such a price because he is not even close to being worth that much.  Yes, Jamal Adams is still on a rookie deal but he is also only cheap for another two years given that he is already half way through the four year deal.

At some point between two number ones and a single top five pick is where I personally would lean towards taking the deal if another GM were to offer such a thing.  Obviously such an offer would be predicated on some kind of reasonable prediction about where in the first round those pick would fall. 

By the way this is a message board.  We bat around all kinds of strange and not so strange ideas every day.  That is what this place is all about.  Last time I checked neither of us are GMs for an NFL team. 

But to your point.  Fine.  I will live in my fantasy world while you agree to stay nicely ensconced in your own. Me considering different potential offers before I would say yes or no and you carefully not taking phone calls and not listening to any information from the outside world.  Which of us I wonder really has the more fantastic world view?

By the way this is where you get to bring up OBJ or some other player I have never referenced in order for you to be able to slip in your own pre-canned counter arguments for why the position that I never actually took is the wrong one.

Its a message board. Talk all the fantasy you want. 

I just think it’s nonsensical to discuss trading one of our best young players (again, on a rookie contract) for draft picks in the HOPE one of them turns into one of our best young players.

Enjoy!

• Upvote 2

On 4/13/2019 at 8:51 AM, Jet Nut said:

Spent 100s of nights at My Fathers Place in Roselyn. Saw so many there and was a regular spot for the Good Rats.  

I went to school with John Gatto. Before he joined the Good Rats I used to hang out at a small place in Farmingdale called the Silver Dollar back in the early to mid 70s. Good Rats played there twice a week.

The Bonnie Parker Band played there also. They were really good, and she was hot as hell.

BTW I might still have the Rats Tasty album lying around somewhere.

27 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I went to school with John Gatto. Before he joined the Good Rats I used to hang out at a small place in Farmingdale called the Silver Dollar back in the early to mid 70s. Good Rats played there twice a week.

The Bonnie Parker Band played there also. They were really good, and she was hot as hell.

John is one hell of a player.  The whole band could play.  Were a great mix of jazz, blues and just good rock with great vocals and harmonies.  Saw them so many times, cant count, have a box of rubber rats to show for it.

I still have a Tasty, Ratscity in Blue, Birth Comes to Us All, From Rats To Riches, Great American Music Hall, Rats The Way You Like It..Live, Live At Last LPs and CDs. 

I remember the Bonnie Parker Band, youre dead right, she was a hottie

7 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I used to have the Rat City in Blue album

18 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

NEVER a NY Jet

I stand corrected. Mohamed Sanu was never a New York Jet. I believe I was thinking about Ben Obonamu/ Greg Salas? Again the point of that post was that we've gotten rid of some really good players, as well as some that were totally underutilized. In fact I could have sworn Henry Anderson was about to be the next one that got away. BTW I'm just talkin smack in these posts and s*** stirring. I am not taking any of this serious or throwing anything personal at anybody. Just talkin football.

On 4/13/2019 at 8:25 AM, Jet Nut said:

Brian Setzer cant blow away Bonamassa.  And I love Setzer, seen him many times from his days with the Stray Cats to his big band reviews.  

Had to post this. Never heard Brian play this way in years. Lucked into it on you tube. Mind you, he's playing a Gretsch hollowbody, which rips your fingers apart. Great sound for what he does most of the time. The one thing that's disappointed me about Brian is he never got beyond that rockabilly style, even though he like's and can play more than that three and four chord stuff. This video is a gem. So glad i lucked into it.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, genot said:

Had to post this. Never heard Brian play this way in years. Lucked into it on you tube. Mind you, he's playing a Gretsch hollowbody, which rips your fingers apart. Great sound for what he does most of the time. The one thing that's disappointed me about Brian is he never got beyond that rockabilly style, even though he like's and can play more than that three and four chord stuff. This video is a gem. So glad i lucked into it.

I like him, have seen him quite a few times.  I like his sound, he's different from the usual and distinctive. 

I've seen this clip, not sure if it comes from one of the full shows I've seen on TV from Japan

Thanks!

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I like him, have seen him quite a few times.  I like his sound, he's different from the usual and distinctive. 

I've seen this clip, not sure if it comes from one of the full shows I've seen on TV from Japan

Thanks!

I've never seen it. There'a video of him in Japan, with the stray cats playing Be bop a lula that's really good. Really lets loose.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, genot said:

Setzer is great and he's having fun with his band that's the most important thing. I don't think he's trying to be the Shredder king. As far as the Gretsch hollow body I agree however it's something you get used to. I started on my father's giannini nylon string which had a very wide fretboard. I play a Les Paul and I have an epiphone dot and a bunch of acoustic Electrics. My hands are so strong that if I try to play a heavy metal jap guitar it feels like a toy.

21 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Setzer is great and he's having fun with his band that's the most important thing. I don't think he's trying to be the Shredder king. As far as the Gretsch hollow body I agree however it's something you get used to. I started on my father's giannini nylon string which had a very wide fretboard. I play a Les Paul and I have an epiphone dot and a bunch of acoustic Electrics. My hands are so strong that if I try to play a heavy metal jap guitar it feels like a toy.

I love mahogany guitars. Les Pauls. Hamer customs. Brian loved his strats.

3 hours ago, genot said:

I love mahogany guitars. Les Pauls. Hamer customs. Brian loved his strats.

What's strange is I think there's somewhat more going on with relationship to the axe than just the make and model. Maybe where you might be or what you're listening to? Maybe the time in your life, or your age? Could it just be a good new set of strings, and unforeseen inspiration?

3 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I've actually played in a lot of bands I've been on the radio and MTV. I never got rich but I know some really incredible people and had some amazing experiences. I wouldn't trade it for anything

I grew up in Massapequa. was friends with Brian's brother Gary, met Brian, we became friends. So many stories to tell. I just like the warmth and sustain you can only get from a mahogany guitar. I like Strats to, as a change of pace. Your right though, prerhaps. My first guitar was a Les Paul. Didn't deserve such a nice guitar, considering i just started learning.

• Upvote 2