TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

You saw SRV? Live?

I hate you. His acoustic version of Testify on a 12 string is one of my favorites. If there was one performer I could go back in time and see it’d be him  

Yeah, love the blues but a late comer. Didn’t really get into them until about 20 years ago so I missed a lot of live acts. Never realized LZ was a blues band until I heard Traveling Riverside Blues. Thought Jimi was acid rock because that’s what I was led to believe when my sister bought me a Jimi Hendrix Experience cassette with the live version of Like a Rolling Stone and my parents wouldn’t let me listen to it because of the SSB at Woodstock. Red House? Are you kidding? Wind? His Little Wing?

Weird, loved Beck/Stewart Ain’t Superstitious in college and a bunch of Clapton and Winwood but never put it together until years later. 

Saw Winwood warm up for Tom Petty a few years ago and quite frankly, Steve was better but pretty sure Petty was hammered. 

Best I can do is I saw The Allman Brothers about 4-5 years straight at the Beacon. 

You would like Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  Fantastic blues guitarist.  Great band (SRV's drummer), really great live and inexpensive.  

oh why the hell not.....  since this thread was absolute garbage anyway until @HelenOfTroy, brought up great concerts and since this thread is going to get shut sooner or later:

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, HelenOfTroy said:

SRV was great, the Santa Barbara Bowl is an intimate venue.  He touched my heart, he was talking about his drug addiction, and but for the grace of God, he would be dead. Not a dry eye in the place. 

I also loved Chicago Blues, like Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield.  Remember John Mayall?  Jeff Beck, Eric Clapton all played with him.  Saw him at the Troubadour.

Maybe we should start a Music thread to discuss music, concerts.  Sorry for taking over this thread!  

Mayall just did a tour last year and Isaw him.  He is getting too old to perform.

27 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You would like Kenny Wayne Shepherd.  Fantastic blues guitarist.  Great band (SRV's drummer), really great live and inexpensive.  

oh why the hell not.....  since this thread was absolute garbage anyway until @HelenOfTroy, brought up great concerts and since this thread is going to get shut sooner or later:

Kenny is great live.  Love the Blues.  Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson are musts along with Jonny Lang.

ive seen SRV but Johnny Winter was, just behind Hendrix, my favorite.  Could make a guitar cry.  

6 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

No need to apologize, if one could perform a retroactive abortion on this thread it would win the internet. 

Blind Faith Album cover, parents made my sisters cover it up but I still love Cant Find My Way.

Listened to Blow by Blow and Wired all through college but so much jazz fusion mixed in I never went full blues.

School Days is still probably my favorite album front to back. Listened to way too much Zappa, should have spent more time with Cream and Derek but we played John Barleycorn almost non stop.

I'll never forget seeing Traffic at the Fillmore East when I was like 14 or 15.  (Yes back then, parents let us do whatever on our own at that age... especially in NY).  I was so excited because I must have listened to the Barlycorn album about a thousand times.  

Well, Steve Winwood came out, but they had to assist Chris Wood (saxophone) to the stage because he was wrecked out of his mind.  THey started to play and Wood was off. He couldn't keep time and they stopped and left the stage, we thought just for a minute or 2.  Then they tried to come out again and Chris Wood fell on stage.  45 minuteswent by and they couldn't even complete a single song.  People were booing and throwing crap at the stage.  Finally, they left the stage again and the house lights went on.

So much for my experience watching Traffic.  It wasn't Winwood's fault, but seriously?  Fillmore didn't want to give refunds either and there was a near riot by the box office. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Kenny is great live.  Love the Blues.  Joe Bonamassa and Eric Johnson are musts along with Jonny Lang.

ive seen SRV but Johnny Winter was, just behind Hendrix, my favorite.  Could make a guitar cry.  

I've seen Joe way too many times.  Twice at the Beacon.  He always has a great cast around him and I don't mind his personality the way so many others do.  I'd give up my right nut to play like him.  I've seen Lang several times too.  I liked him better when he was just coming out as a teenager.  But I still love the guy. Lie to Me is still one of the best all time albums if you like blues.  Have yet to see Johnson.  And Johnny Winter, may you RIP with SRV.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

We go to Terra Blues every December for my buddies birthday. Do good like acts in a really intimate setting. 

So bummed The Back Fence closed. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I'll never forget seeing Traffic at the Fillmore East when I was like 14 or 15.  (Yes back then, parents let us do whatever on our own at that age... especially in NY).  I was so excited because I must have listened to the Barlycorn album about a thousand times.  

Well, Steve Winwood came out, but they had to assist Chris Wood (saxophone) to the stage because he was wrecked out of his mind.  THey started to play and Wood was off. He couldn't keep time and they stopped and left the stage, we thought just for a minute or 2.  Then they tried to come out again and Chris Wood fell on stage.  45 minuteswent by and they couldn't even complete a single song.  People were booing and throwing crap at the stage.  Finally, they left the stage again and the house lights went on.

So much for my experience watching Traffic.  It wasn't Winwood's fault, but seriously?  Fillmore didn't want to give refunds either and there was a near riot by the box office. 

I saw Sly and the Family Stone twice and Sly never made it to the stage on either occasion lol. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I've seen Joe way too many times.  Twice at the Beacon.  He always has a great cast around him and I don't mind his personality the way so many others do.  I'd give up my right nut to play like him.  I've seen Lang several times too.  I liked him better when he was just coming out as a teenager.  But I still love the guy. Lie to Me is still one of the best all time albums if you like blues.  Have yet to see Johnson.  And Johnny Winter, may you RIP with SRV.

Bonamassa is an assh... Brian Setzer is a personal friend. When they played together, Bonamassa intentionally drowned him out. Told Brian to put the hollowbody in the closet, and plug into a marshall with a strat, and blow him away. Which he was perfectly capable of doing. He's just way to humble

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Agree with Lang, liked him better earlier too.  Just saw him a few weeks ago for the Experience Hendrix Tour.  Fun shows, great songs obviously and a lineup of great players.  

Johnny Winter back in the day, with Rick Derringer, awesome.

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Agree with Lang, liked him better earlier too.  Just saw him a few weeks ago for the Experience Hendrix Tour.  Fun shows, great songs obviously and a lineup of great players.  

Johnny Winter back in the day, with Rick Derringer, awesome.

Rockin Roll Hootchie Coo top 25 guitar rifts ever.  Think I was in 9th grade. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

Bonamassa is an assh... Brian Setzer is a personal friend. When they played together, Bonamassa intentionally drowned him out. Told Brian to put the hollowbody in the closet, and plug into a marshall with a strat, and blow him away. Which he was perfectly capable of doing. He's just way to humble

Brian Setzer cant blow away Bonamassa.  And I love Setzer, seen him many times from his days with the Stray Cats to his big band reviews.  

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Brian Setzer cant blow away Bonamassa.  And I love Setzer, seen him many times from his days with the Stray Cats to his big band reviews.  

Ah. Yes he could. I mean, it's just opinion. Probably an exaggeration on my part. But Brian is a better, more well rounded player. Brian was my first guitar teacher.

Spent way too much time with Chick Corea Return to Forever, Al Dimeola and the Mahavishnu Orchestra but John  McGluaghlin was great on the Dessert Song in School Days. Stanley was the man. Crusaders and Larry Carton solo album was great.

Lots of Weather Report, Grover, Bill Withers ( I cant write left handed) and Ronnie Laws Always There is off the charts. 

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I saw Sly and the Family Stone twice and Sly never made it to the stage on either occasion lol. 

I grew up in Queens/Long Island.  There was a little club in Roslyn called My Father's Place right under the bridge at Northern Blvd. We bought tickets for Sly & the Family Stone several months in advance.  Well we were all waiting....  His band showed up.  Waiting for Sly.....  45 minutes... 60 minutes....  then the announcement: Sly never got on the plane.  Sorry everyone.  Refunds at the door. 

Most unique Allman concert I saw one year at the Beacon, I guess Dickie Betts was temporarily asked to leave lol and Elijah Blue came out-looked about 17- and played the Duane lick on Elizabeth Reed and he crushed it. 

Pretty cool. Then Dickie was back the following year. 

18 minutes ago, genot said:

stray cats... love 'em.  Saw then twice.

Bonamassa is an ass.  His personality is on the arrogant side.  But  I don't care because he is f'king great.  But I can surely see why some others are rubbed the wrong way.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

So you wouldn't take a second round pick and a third-round pick for Jamal Adams in this year's draft? Or maybe a one and a four? Maybe a two and a four this year and a 2 next year? Hey man, the Giants just got rid of obj right?

Dude, you are so far from a clue, you need a travel agent. 

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Spent way too much time with Chick Corea Return to Forever, Al Dimeola and the Mahavishnu Orchestra but John  McGluaghlin was great on the Dessert Song in School Days. Stanley was the man. Crusaders and Larry Carton solo album was great.

Lots of Weather Report, Grover, Bill Withers ( I cant write left handed) and Ronnie Laws Always There is off the charts. 

John is a friend.  Have spent many nights sitting around talking and way too many nights listening to him play all over.  

Weather Report was a favorite, Jaco, Wayne, Joe.  Great live.  Especially loved Jaco.

John with Al and Paco De Lucia, unreal shows.

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

stray cats... love 'em.  Saw then twice.

Bonamassa is an ass.  His personality is on the arrogant side.  But  I don't care because he is f'king great.  But I can surely see why some others are rubbed the wrong way.

He's a very good player. He's not playing anything that a thousand other people haven't played just as well over the years. No originality. That's why his attitude rubs me the wrong way.

2 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I grew up in Queens/Long Island.  There was a little club in Roslyn called My Father's Place right under the Northern Blvd. We bought tickets for Sly & the Family Stone several months in advance.  Well we were all waiting....  His band showed up.  Waiting for Sly.....  45 minutes... 60 minutes....  then the announcement: Sly never got on the plane.  Sorry everyone.  Refunds at the door. 

Lol I think I was there. I used to lifeguard at Hempstead Harbor and moonlighted at the Dinner Stage one summer when the showed Grease every night. I knew every line. 

Got busted at the Duck Pond getting busy with my GF. Good times. 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

John is a friend.  Have spent many nights sitting around talking and way too many nights listening to him play all over.  

Weather Report was a favorite, Jaco, Wayne, Joe.  Great live.  Especially loved Jaco.

John with Al and Paco De Lucia, unreal shows.

Saw him at My Fathers place with Shakti. Real good. Wish i would have seen him with Mahavishnu. Oh well.

12 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Cuz they're cut from the same cloth loudmouth me guys who are really surprised when they get traded to nowhere land LMFAO

Dude, you have no idea what you are saying. When has Adams  said or done anything on the field that can be remotely  associated with OBJ? What people do or say on there own time I couldn't care less about. Adams is a pro on the field, OBJ whines, throws tantrums, punches defenders, takes cheap shots at defenders after the play (Carolina game) embarrasses himself fighting with kicking nets, and publicly rips up his QB. And you think this is a good comparison to Adams?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I grew up in Queens/Long Island.  There was a little club in Roslyn called My Father's Place right under the bridge at Northern Blvd. We bought tickets for Sly & the Family Stone several months in advance.  Well we were all waiting....  His band showed up.  Waiting for Sly.....  45 minutes... 60 minutes....  then the announcement: Sly never got on the plane.  Sorry everyone.  Refunds at the door. 

Spent 100s of nights at My Fathers Place in Roselyn. Saw so many there and was a regular spot for the Good Rats.  

• Upvote 1