TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Are we seriously doing this?

Not that it’s a high bar but do you not think Adams is one of our best young players?

Wait, how about you go first and give us your list of Adam’s sh*ttiest 100 plays. I’m assuming you have them all catalogued. 

Geezuz f*ck, Jet fans. 

Apparently we aren’t seriously doing this, as you seriously didn’t just name 3 meaningful/memorable plays in 2 seasons.

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

So, we are hoping that in his 3rd year, he’ll make his first memorable play?

Darnold’s first TD to Anderson vs Lions.

Darnold scrambling TD to Anderson vs Bills.

Two deep TDs to Anderson and incredible TD by Pryor vs Broncos.

The entire Packers game?

15-yard out to Kearse for 1st down.  Forget the game, but important play and big-boy throw that not every QB can make.

Honorable mention to perhaps the Roberts TD vs Texans.

Yea. All offense. If you objectively look at the film, Adams is close to creating turnovers. Once we get a pass rush, hopefully that QB's timing will be off some, and those could have beens will turn into interceptions.

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The entire Packers game?

15-yard out to Kearse for 1st down.  Forget the game, but important play and big-boy throw that not every QB can make.

Aaron Donald.

29 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

The entire Packers game?

You're saying he hasnt made a play in his first two seasons he hasnt made a single play?

Sounds like a player who sucks.  Not a young Pro Bowl player who get lots of props from pretty much everyone who doesn't have a log in to JN.

On one hand the whining goes that the position isnt an impact position, which is why he should never have been drafted right under where he was mocked to go.  On the hand he hasnt made memorable plays.  From a non impact position.  And this proves that he shouldn't have been drafted because S isnt part of the defense, you could line up at S and because of the ridiculous idea that its a non position it wouldnt make a difference.  Ed Reed?  The player for years we cried about because he was passed over in the draft.  Now the position is meaningless. 

Jet fan in a nutshell.  We get the chance to draft a player at 6 who was mocked at 3.  He is exactly as advertised.  Plays hard, is a face of the team type player and person.  In year two he's voted to the Pro Bowl, is our best defensive player and the usual handful of complainers aren't happy, could have been someone else as start complaining about nonsense

BTW, @genotsaid DONALD, not DARNOLD

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

So, nobody can cite a single play where Jamal Adams looked like the sixth overall pick in the draft, proving yet again that his fanboys are just a cult of personality. 

You mean like the forced fumble against the Colts last season?

Here, hope it jogs your memory

And instead of watch9ing games you just keep repeating over and over again that he isnt good and shouldnt have been drafted.  

• Upvote 2

There are literally dozens of great plays he’s made but we’re sitting here 4 months before the season and we’re be indicted because we can’t recall a signature play? Or 3? 

I cant remember what I had for breakfast 20 minutes ago. 

Holy crap. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And instead of repeating over and over again that he isnt good and shouldnt have been drafted you havent given a single reason other that the goofy idea that S's dont get drafted high for your trolling posts

Colts? Just bustin your balls haha.(video started against lions and I didn’t realize it was a highlight reel). 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

There are literally dozens of great plays he’s made but we’re sitting here 4 months before the season and we’re be indicted because we can’t recall a signature play? Or 3? 

Holy crap. 

Look in the toilet.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, genot said:

Yea. All offense. If you objectively look at the film, Adams is close to creating turnovers. Once we get a pass rush, hopefully that QB's timing will be off some, and those could have beens will turn into interceptions.

I mean, Darnold’s best plays on defense would be some deep cuts.

Adams is “close to creating turnovers,” ok.  No one is arguing he’s incompetent.  But when the above is the endorsement, I’d say it’s a tough sell as this guy is some incredible, can’t miss player like he’s touted to be.

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And instead of repeating over and over again that he isnt good and shouldnt have been drafted you havent given a single reason other that the goofy idea that S's dont get drafted high for your trolling posts

I’m curious. 

Are there folks here who don’t think he’s one of our best young players?

Even worse, are there folks here who think he sucks?

Mind boggling. 

Where he was drafted is in the past. It’s irrelevant. He’s going to be ourvstarting SS for the next 10 years. Who gives a flying f*ck. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, sourceworx said:

I didn't like the Jamal Adams pick as much as anyone on this site. I felt (and still feel) that using a premiere pick on a non-premiere position was foolish.

However none of that is an indictment of Jamal. He's a good player, and from all indications, a good person. Does he run his mouth a little more than he should? Yes. But that is hardly justification for the abject hatred some people on here have for him. Maccagnan's poor decision to select him with such a high pick (and with so many needs at more important positions) is not Jamal's fault.

Jamal is a good player, a good kid, and he seems to really love this team. Fans should embrace a guy like that, even if you disagree with where he was drafted.

I agree with what you're saying about Jamal. For me, I could care less about using premiere picks on certain positions. To me that's a fallacy. I want the BPA. At 6, Jamal Adams was undoubtedly the best player available. His career this far is most definitely evidence of that. If we win a SB with Jamal someday you won't care about using premiere picks on certain positions.

Just now, genot said:

Sopme people are living in fantasy land. If they we're Giant fans, or dolphin fans, that would provide an explanation. A Jet fan, dissing Jamal Adams. Watch. He's incredible.http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-2018-elite-performers/0ap3000001009043/Jamal-Adams-best-plays-2018-season

NO! None of those plays are memorable. He didn’t have any pick-6s in OT to win games. He SUUUUCCCCKKKKSSSSS. 

Geezuz. Freaking Jet fans. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

No. But if the team is ever going to be competitive, Adams will be the sixth or seventh “best young player” on the team, which is why it’s silly to worry about how much people slurp a self-promoting string safety who doesn’t produce turnovers. 

3 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I’m curious. 

Even worse, are there folks here who think he sucks?

Mind boggling. 

Where he was drafted is in the past. It’s irrelevant. He’s going to be ourvstarting SS for the next 10 years. Who gives a flying f*ck. 

Every media head, every so called expert, the players in the NFL, most fans see him as a top young defender.  Can't find one person who complains about his play.  Pokes holes in his game.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

No. But if the team is ever going to be competitive, Adams will be the sixth or seventh “best young player” on the team, which is why it’s silly to worry about how much people slurp a self-promoting string safety who doesn’t produce turnovers. 

And if hes the sixth or seventh best young player on the team we'll be the best defense in the history of the NFL.  Otherwise its just one more statement about Adams where you're dead wrong

Jamal Adams is the direct beneficiary of being on the most talent-poor team in the league. Broadcast crews who fly in on Thursday to do the games are handed a media packet highlighting a couple of bullet points regarding the teams playing, and the only thing they could highlight for the Jets was their Dancin’ Safety. He got free publicity every week and too many Jets fans are hypnotized by this phenomenon. Jamal Adams is Carmelo Anthony without the jumper. 

• Thumb Down 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I mean, Darnold’s best plays on defense would be some deep cuts.

Adams is “close to creating turnovers,” ok.  No one is arguing he’s incompetent.  But when the above is the endorsement, I’d say it’s a tough sell as this guy is some incredible, can’t miss player like he’s touted to be.

He's already a great player. Look at the film dude. he does it all. He' all over the field making plays. In coverage. In the back field. He's a great blitzer. What would you have him do.

21 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're saying he hasnt made a play in his first two seasons he hasnt made a single play?

Sounds like a player who sucks.  Not a young Pro Bowl player who get lots of props from pretty much everyone who doesn't have a log in to JN.

On one hand the whining goes that the position isnt an impact position, which is why he should never have been drafted right under where he was mocked to go.  On the hand he hasnt made memorable plays.  From a non impact position.  And this proves that he shouldn't have been drafted because S isnt part of the defense, you could line up at S and because of the ridiculous idea that its a non position it wouldnt make a difference.  Ed Reed?  The player for years we cried about because he was passed over in the draft.  Now the position is meaningless. 

Jet fan in a nutshell.  We get the chance to draft a player at 6 who was mocked at 3.  He is exactly as advertised.  Plays hard, is a face of the team type player and person.  In year two he's voted to the Pro Bowl, is our best defensive player and the usual handful of complainers aren't happy, could have been someone else as start complaining about nonsense

BTW, @genotsaid DONALD, not DARNOLD

I am not saying "he hasn't made a play in his first two seasons he hasn't made a single play" which I think I've correctly translated into English.  I'm saying exactly what I said.  Name your favorite 3 Jamal Adams plays.

You were pretty much onto something until you brought up Ed Reed though.  Reed was drafted much later than Adams, plays a different position, and had a dozen INTs in his first two seasons.

You're right though, Jamal plays hard and is the face of the team.  It's just that, that stuff isn't really all that impactful on the outcomes of the games, which, incidentally is indicated by Adams stats, the defensive ranking, and the overall Jets team.

Re: Darnold, yes, that's my bad.  I read quickly and assumed we were talking about the Jets.  I didn't watch every game of other teams to have memorable plays, but the notion of comparing Donald and Adams would be silly to most who didn't just drop Ed Reed into the Adams conversation.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I don’t slurp anyone. Well, except for Sam.

I don’t think he’s a superstar or a future HOFer or a dominating force that OCs need to account for. 

But he’s a good ******* hard hitting football player. 

You know, there is a median between “slurping” and appreciating a really good Jet. 

Not sure why everything has to be an extreme. 

If I was touting Calvin Pryor then dump away. 

Jamal Adams will be one of the reasons we become a consistent winning team. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

So because you can’t think of 3 “memorable” plays are you concluding he is not one of our best players? 

And then fantasizing that one day while he'll be one of the best young defensive players in the NFL he'll only be the sixth or seventh best players on our all world imaginary defense.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal Adams is the direct beneficiary of being on the most talent-poor team in the league. Broadcast crews who fly in on Thursday to do the games are handed a media packet highlighting a couple of bullet points regarding the teams playing, and the only thing they could highlight for the Jets was their Dancin’ Safety. He got free publicity every week and too many Jets fans are hypnotized by this phenomenon. Jamal Adams is Carmelo Anthony without the jumper. 

Keep trolling

looking at this as a football move this makes no sense. a probowl player on his first contract and lets trade him? cost efficient talented player on a team that needs talent traded because you think he is a load mouth. fans like you bring down the collective IQ of the world

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

But he’s a good ******* hard hitting football player.

Exactly. And those guys are found in the fourth round and nobody takes them seriously when they refer to themselves over and over and over again as “the president.” 

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And instead of watch9ing games you just keep repeating over and over again that he isnt good and shouldnt have been drafted.  

What's funny about this video is the 1st three highlights are a play that Adams finishes that was completely made by Steve McLendon, a play that Jamal Adams hit a WR who'd already dropped an off-target pass, and his only INT, which flopped unwittingly into his hands after a play was made in front of him.

Also, please find me the post where I said he "isn't good."  And, to be precise, he should not have been drafted at 6.  Not that he should not have been drafted.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Exactly. And those guys are found in the fourth round and nobody takes them seriously when they refer to themselves over and over and over again as “the president.” 

Kind of like when we drafted Kerry Rhodes in the 4th round and chirped more than anyone before he started literally sucking dick.

Yeah, you’re right.  

Jamal sucks.

26 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Holy crap. 

So, there are "literally dozens" but you can't remember one that stands out as meaningful.  I'd consult with a neurologist.

• Haha 2