TRADE JAMAL ADAMS..

1 hour ago, Peace Frog said:

Let me understand this. Are you suggesting Jamal Adams is not good? 

That he’s our strong safety version of....Mark Sanchez?

Do you think Jamal Adams is a bad safety? Lower half of the league safety? Will never raise to the level of say a 2nd Team All Pro?

Just how bad do you think he is? Calvin Pryor-like? 

And you’re dabbling in a bit I red herring there - I never said he was the best safety since Victor Greene, I said he is one of our best players NOW. 

Do you disagree with that?

All-Pro Teams Jamal Adams

Year Tm Level Voters
2018 1st Tm   Pro Football Focus
2018 1st Tm   Sporting News
2018 2nd Tm   Associated Press

7 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Jets defense as a whole gave up 47 catches for 547 yards and 5 tds to opposing TE’s last year . Which I believe puts them 3rd or 4th Best Defending against TE’s last season.  Adams gave up zero of those TD’s FYI 

But were any of those TDs that he didn’t give up “memorable”?

Stats without memorabilia doesn’t fit the narrative  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

You talk about remembering when TEs were killing us as if that was something that stopped with the addition of Jamal Adams.

Only the really strong TE kill us now. The days of getting toasted by the likes of Tyler Higbee which happened all the time seem to be behind us

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

Only the really strong TE kill us now. The days of getting toasted by the likes of Tyler Higbee which happened all the time seem to be behind us

Strong TEs kill everyone. 

Is there a safety out there that stops Kelce?

Folks are going to find reasons to complain about everything. 

Emily Ratsjkowski is too thin. 

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

I remember when we used to get killed by Ken Dilger and Jay Riemersma.

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Beware of small sample sizes here.  I'm old enough to remember the year before last.

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Strong TEs kill everyone. 

Is there a safety out there that stops Kelce?

Folks are going to find reasons to complain about everything. 

Emily Ratsjkowski is too thin. 

It's also worth nothing that shorter posts with more extreme views are the ones that actually get acknowledged.  So, the views look amplified.  I think that's more it than people just want to complain about everything.

I posted some thoughts in response to your Avery Williamson comment, for instance.  A bit more thorough than most of the posts in this thread.  It went completely ignored.

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

It's also worth nothing that shorter posts with more extreme views are the ones that actually get acknowledged.  So, the views look amplified.  I think that's more it than people just want to complain about everything.

I posted some thoughts in response to your Avery Williamson comment, for instance.  A bit more thorough than most of the posts in this thread.  It went completely ignored.

@Sperm Edwards doesn't agree.

• Upvote 1

Its kind of weird we’re debating whether Adams was one of the better Jets last year and a bunch of us couch jockeys are suggesting not. 

What do the actual players think, the guys in the room that see him every day, practice, film room, game time. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-named-jets-2018-curtis-martin-team-mvp

Maybe they misremembered. 

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Its kind of weird we’re debating whether Adams was one of the better Jets last year and a bunch of us couch jockeys are suggesting not. 

What do the actual players think, the guys in the room that see him every day, practice, film room, game time. 

https://www.newyorkjets.com/news/jamal-adams-named-jets-2018-curtis-martin-team-mvp

Maybe they misremembered. 

We've posted video. I've posted articles how opposing teams are preparing to play the Jets, and their comments about Adams. I've posted comments from players and coaches at the pro Bowl, who explained why Adams is so damn good. It's a waste of time.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It was boring self serving clap trap trying to bolster an irrelevant analogy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

Hey!! Get a freaking grip! It's not like I'm selling babies on the black market! We haven't won absolutely anything and Jamal Adams has spearheaded absolutely nothing! He has barked, self-promoted and has concentrated very much so on his own brand. It's my opinion that he is a loudmouth who has done zero. If you're on his jock and you don't like what I have to say then go scratch! Is this guy your warrior hero or something? I simply asked what could we get for him if we traded him? I'd rather have a center a left tackle and a wide receiver then one pretty good strong safety. And unfortunately Marcus Maye hasn't been healthy. And sorry to say to any of you who are ready to jump off the cliff screaming whyyyyy!!!??? But I actually think Marcus Maye is a better player than Jamal Adams. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it

• Thumb Down 2

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Patrick Mahommes at one, and Jamal Adams in the 2nd, and then a 2018 1st, 2 seconds, and a 2019 second, and no I'm not wasting my Sunday on this topic.

But, more to your point, if my wife didn't have my daughter at a birthday party, and my 4 week old son couldn't be brought along because he's too young to be vaccinated and we don't want him around 30-ish snotty 3-year-olds, so he's sleeping and I'm just hanging out watching the Master's, I'd also not be wasting my Sunday.  Unfortunately, that's where life is at right now.  Maybe give him a bath when he wakes up, and then head out for a walk or something.

I got you, my actual point though was to make the point that a player can not live up to expectations of lofty draft status and still be a good player. Some folks dont seem to get that 

• Upvote 1

And to make another point I never said Jamal Adams stinks as a player. I said I don't like his schtick!  He's a very good in the Box strong safety with pass rush skills that is terrible in coverage. To me he's No Superstar yet he seems to act like one. Would anybody take a pretty good player at a position of need and two picks? I may have been a little antagonistic cuz it's the slow time of year for us, but there's no reason for anybody to go jump off a bridge like I have blasphemed. I've been watching this team and following everything about it for decades. A lot of players come and go. Some I really think should have been Stars that we got rid of , and some I wonder why we kept so long.

• Thumb Down 1

44 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

You are literally the only person in this thread suggesting this. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Hugh Douglas, Snacks Harrison, Jericho Cotchery, Brad Smith, Mohamed Sanu, Kareem McKenzie, Mr. Chadwick Pennington!? All very good impact players who were shown the door? And that's just off the top of my head. How many of their replacements or other players were forced down our throats when they were just goddamn terrible? And it was obvious!

14 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Yup.  He’s on this quixotic quest against the scores of non-existent posters making the argument that Jamal Adams is a bad football player.

14 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Never mind then.  Thought you were capable of more thoughtful discussion.

I don’t feel like partaking I’m intellectually dishonest debate. 

Giving others some of the credit for what he does or denigrating some of what he does because of things out of his control or incidental to his play bores me. 

I sincerely apologize. I'm watching  The Masters and quite frankly I don’t feel like taking the time to parse your analysis. 

I get it. You’re not an Adams fan. 

I think he’s going to be a main cog in helping us win a SB. 

And I don’t care that he’s a self promoter because he does it in a manner that is respectful to the team and us fans. 

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I apologize for coming off like that. 

It just seems that folks taking shots at him are doing so because they don’t think he’s very good. 

Sorry for that. My bad. 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I apologize for coming off like that. 

It just seems that folks taking shots at him are doing so because they don’t think he’s very good. 

Sorry for that. My bad. 

Summary of the general views of the “detractors”:

1) Yes, Jamal Adams is a good football player.

2) No, Jamal Adams was not a good draft pick, especially when we needed a QB.

3) The things Jamal Adams does well, are not significant contributors to winning in today’s NFL.

Optional 4) Shut Up, Jamal.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

3) The things Jamal Adams does well, are not significant contributors to winning in today’s NFL.

You and a few other nutjobs, are alone out om an island on this. Excuse the nutjob, comment. It's said in a friendly, non confrontational way. BUT REALLY. Can all these people be wrong. Do you even listen????

9 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Still crying over a draft pick from 3 years ago . I think you should follow your own advice on Option 4.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Still crying over a draft pick from 3 years ago . I think you should follow your own advice on Option 4.. 

Aye. Ye olde ancient olden days of yore, yon NFL Drafte, year of our Lord Two Thousand unt Seventeen.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, genot said:

You and a few other nutjobs, are alone out om an island on this. Excuse the nutjob, comment. It's said in a friendly, non confrontational way. BUT REALLY. Can all these people be wrong. Do you even listen????

Guy who says Macc has done a good job shouldn’t throw “nutjob” around.