Who else is hyped for Game of Thrones Tonight??

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Didnt Jon Snow go from bastard son to rightful claim to the throne in the last epidode?

Rightful in the sense that he has an actual path to power. IIRC, he’s the bloodline, but only because of Robert’s Rebellion. Danaerys would be the rightful heir if not for  Robert Baratheon staging a coup. 

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m of the belief that Stannis returns. We never saw him die. I don’t have a rooting interest in any specific character anymore. The Starks are dopes, Tyrion lost it when he got a hard-on for Daenarys, Cersei is too evil to root for, and Danaerys is like being stuck in an elevator for three days listening to Bjork. 

It's been a couple of seasons since I didn't hate every character. Except Cersei obv.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Are we really of the mindset that this ends in any other way than Jamie kills Cersei, the walkers are destroyed (or are they), and the Snow/Targarean baby is either on or heir to throne?

Stannis may return, but no more than a bump in the road.

I'm rooting for: Jon dies but his body isn't found like Rhaegar (possible new night king) and then Daenreys dies in child birth like Lyanna. Jamie lives and raises the Snow/Targaryen baby like Ned did. It would be an amazing redemption story for Jamie.

1C22E4DE-3C3C-4094-83F8-60A805791780.jpeg.fec9efb197ac43a3efe32c716f89f317.jpeg547F4F1A-7FEC-4C1F-9B35-9C45FCE467B3.thumb.jpeg.4a932bf0271bc72b2bc429791d750ecf.jpeg

We can attribute all of his obsessions with killing the favorite characters and disappointing everyone by featuring hopeful plot lines to his being a tortured jets fan. It makes perfect sense and is very clear to me.

The song of ice and fire is merely a fantasy genre version of life as a jets fan. Just wait till danarys Targaryen is killed this season. Then and only then will the masses sniff the painful reality that is ours.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

We can attribute all of his obsessions with killing the favorite characters and disappointing everyone by featuring hopeful plot lines to his being a tortured jets fan. It makes perfect sense and is very clear to me.

The song of ice and fire is merely a fantasy genre version of life as a jets fan. Just wait till danarys Targaryen is killed this season. Then and only then will the masses sniff the painful reality that is ours.

I meant destroying hopeful plot lines. Not featuring. But I can’t edit from my phone.

Well, it was a bunch of exposition and table-setting, which is to be expected. A bit of fan service with the silly, overlong dragon/makeout scene, and all the CGI is having diminishing returns as far as being interesting or worthwhile. If the show-runners think a payoff of CGI dragon flight sequences is why people have watched this show for eight years, they’re going to screw this up. The character Euron is an absolute ******* drag and has no business sharing scenes with Cersei because he sucks as an actor, too. 

On the plus side, it looks like we get some White Walker battle action next week, so hopefully sh*t characters start dying off. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, it was a bunch of exposition and table-setting, which is to be expected. A bit of fan service with the silly, overlong dragon/makeout scene, and all the CGI is having diminishing returns as far as being interesting or worthwhile. If the show-runners think a payoff of CGI dragon flight sequences is why people have watched this show for eight years, they’re going to screw this up. The character Euron is an absolute ******* drag and has no business sharing scenes with Cersei because he sucks as an actor, too. 

On the plus side, it looks like we get some White Walker battle action next week, so hopefully sh*t characters start dying off. 

Jon Snow flying on a dragon is significant though. 

Also, Jaime Lannister’s face at the end was worth the whole set up episode. I think this was a good one to get all the characters where they need to be. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Also, Jaime Lannister’s face at the end was worth the whole set up episode. I think this was a good one to get all the characters where they need to be. 

Agree Jamie facing Bran was the best part, but why is Jon flying on a dragon a big deal? I don't mean that to be snarky; I'm just forgetting the lore. I know it was a big deal in the books that Jon's hand is burned because he's not fireproof like Danaerys.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agree Jamie facing Bran was the best part, but why is Jon flying on a dragon a big deal? I don't mean that to be snarky; I'm just forgetting the lore. I know it was a big deal in the books that Jon's hand is burned because he's not fireproof like Danaerys.

Only Targaryen’s are supposed to be able to ride dragons or have that bond with them where they can anyway. 

• Upvote 4

43 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Only Targaryen’s are supposed to be able to ride dragons or have that bond with them where they can anyway. 

I wish they had enough time to explore Tyrion's true birth parents...

Ned to Jon "You are my blood"

Tywin to Tyrion "You are no son of mine"

Both lines elude to a different parent, one was true already. Also the connection between Jon, Danny, and Tyrion all killing their mothers at birth. I believe they are also the only 3 people the dragons allow to touch them.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I thought all of the episodes this season were supposed to be almost 2 hours long?

What the hell happened? I don’t even think this one was a full 45 minutes.

first 2, 55 minutes..

last 4 an hour and 20.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Really enjoyed the very brief scene between Sam and Dany too. 

Edit; actually, the entire Tormund scene was fun too. 

And Bronn: “that ******* family!”

Tyrion too: “because I have balls” 

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

It shows that Jon is part Targyrean. 

Also the dragon he rode is named Rhaegal, which Dany named, after her older dead brother she never met Rhaegar, who is Jon's (Aegon's) actual father.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A bit of fan service with the silly, overlong dragon/makeout scene, and all the CGI is having diminishing returns as far as being interesting or worthwhile. If the show-runners think a payoff of CGI dragon flight sequences is why people have watched this show for eight years, they’re going to screw this up. The character Euron is an absolute ******* drag and has no business sharing scenes with Cersei because he sucks as an actor, too.

Agree with everything here. The CGI stuff is already getting old, and I don't understand why people don't get that CGI doesn't age well. It's going to look corny and stupid in 5 years, so the less of it, the better. Focus on the characters and their stories - that's what brought the show to its heights.

• Upvote 2