Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bla bla bla

Who else is hyped for Game of Thrones Tonight??

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Larz said:

Birdie woods!

Molanari and Finau in the water on 12, Tiger on the green.  Here we go, hopefully

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jet Nut said:

Didnt Jon Snow go from bastard son to rightful claim to the throne in the last epidode?

Rightful in the sense that he has an actual path to power. IIRC, he’s the bloodline, but only because of Robert’s Rebellion. Danaerys would be the rightful heir if not for  Robert Baratheon staging a coup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’m of the belief that Stannis returns. We never saw him die. I don’t have a rooting interest in any specific character anymore. The Starks are dopes, Tyrion lost it when he got a hard-on for Daenarys, Cersei is too evil to root for, and Danaerys is like being stuck in an elevator for three days listening to Bjork. 

It's been a couple of seasons since I didn't hate every character. Except Cersei obv.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

It's been a couple of seasons since I didn't hate every character. Except Cersei obv.

Same, but post-Walk-of-Shame Cersei has been a menopausal drag. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nico002 said:

Bro/ it’s Masters Sunday and Tiger is in the final group- get your priorities straight.

He might do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, nico002 said:

Bro/ it’s Masters Sunday and Tiger is in the final group- get your priorities straight.

I run a golf course haha I'm watching the Masters, Thrones doesn't start till 9pm

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

Are we really of the mindset that this ends in any other way than Jamie kills Cersei, the walkers are destroyed (or are they), and the Snow/Targarean baby is either on or heir to throne?

Stannis may return, but no more than a bump in the road.

I'm rooting for: Jon dies but his body isn't found like Rhaegar (possible new night king) and then Daenreys dies in child birth like Lyanna. Jamie lives and raises the Snow/Targaryen baby like Ned did. It would be an amazing redemption story for Jamie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Please.
The Jets are Rickon Stark.
Largely irrelevant and it’s exceptionally obvious what they should do (zig-zag) and yet they don’t.  And, well, the outcome speaks for itself.

Hahaha!!! That’s just awesome!


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1C22E4DE-3C3C-4094-83F8-60A805791780.jpeg.fec9efb197ac43a3efe32c716f89f317.jpeg547F4F1A-7FEC-4C1F-9B35-9C45FCE467B3.thumb.jpeg.4a932bf0271bc72b2bc429791d750ecf.jpeg

We can attribute all of his obsessions with killing the favorite characters and disappointing everyone by featuring hopeful plot lines to his being a tortured jets fan. It makes perfect sense and is very clear to me.

The song of ice and fire is merely a fantasy genre version of life as a jets fan. Just wait till danarys Targaryen is killed this season. Then and only then will the masses sniff the painful reality that is ours.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We can attribute all of his obsessions with killing the favorite characters and disappointing everyone by featuring hopeful plot lines to his being a tortured jets fan. It makes perfect sense and is very clear to me.

The song of ice and fire is merely a fantasy genre version of life as a jets fan. Just wait till danarys Targaryen is killed this season. Then and only then will the masses sniff the painful reality that is ours.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I meant destroying hopeful plot lines. Not featuring. But I can’t edit from my phone.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Is there a condensed recap one can watch?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Stop with this foolishness. The Jets are Reek. There can be no discussion of this.

For sojf, the fans are reek, and the Jets are Ramsay.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Reek was redeemed. Beat his uncle to death, manned up, took a ship, and went to rescue his sister. 

 

 

 

The Jets are Viserys. 

That wasn’t his Uncle lol that was Harrag one of his sisters followers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Reek was redeemed. Beat his uncle to death, manned up, took a ship, and went to rescue his sister. 

 

 

 

The Jets are Viserys. 

Edit- my apologies for the double post my phone is acting up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, K Clue said:

That wasn’t his Uncle lol that was Harrag one of his sisters followers.

Yes, yes, I was just making a silly point, George.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it was a bunch of exposition and table-setting, which is to be expected. A bit of fan service with the silly, overlong dragon/makeout scene, and all the CGI is having diminishing returns as far as being interesting or worthwhile. If the show-runners think a payoff of CGI dragon flight sequences is why people have watched this show for eight years, they’re going to screw this up. The character Euron is an absolute ******* drag and has no business sharing scenes with Cersei because he sucks as an actor, too. 

On the plus side, it looks like we get some White Walker battle action next week, so hopefully sh*t characters start dying off. 

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Well, it was a bunch of exposition and table-setting, which is to be expected. A bit of fan service with the silly, overlong dragon/makeout scene, and all the CGI is having diminishing returns as far as being interesting or worthwhile. If the show-runners think a payoff of CGI dragon flight sequences is why people have watched this show for eight years, they’re going to screw this up. The character Euron is an absolute ******* drag and has no business sharing scenes with Cersei because he sucks as an actor, too. 

On the plus side, it looks like we get some White Walker battle action next week, so hopefully sh*t characters start dying off. 

Jon Snow flying on a dragon is significant though. 

Also, Jaime Lannister’s face at the end was worth the whole set up episode. I think this was a good one to get all the characters where they need to be. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jon Snow flying on a dragon is significant though. 

Also, Jaime Lannister’s face at the end was worth the whole set up episode. I think this was a good one to get all the characters where they need to be. 

Agree Jamie facing Bran was the best part, but why is Jon flying on a dragon a big deal? I don't mean that to be snarky; I'm just forgetting the lore. I know it was a big deal in the books that Jon's hand is burned because he's not fireproof like Danaerys.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Agree Jamie facing Bran was the best part, but why is Jon flying on a dragon a big deal? I don't mean that to be snarky; I'm just forgetting the lore. I know it was a big deal in the books that Jon's hand is burned because he's not fireproof like Danaerys.

Only Targaryen’s are supposed to be able to ride dragons or have that bond with them where they can anyway. 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Only Targaryen’s are supposed to be able to ride dragons or have that bond with them where they can anyway. 

I wish they had enough time to explore Tyrion's true birth parents...

 

Ned to Jon "You are my blood"

Tywin to Tyrion "You are no son of mine"

 

Both lines elude to a different parent, one was true already. Also the connection between Jon, Danny, and Tyrion all killing their mothers at birth. I believe they are also the only 3 people the dragons allow to touch them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought all of the episodes this season were supposed to be almost 2 hours long?

What the hell happened? I don’t even think this one was a full 45 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

I thought all of the episodes this season were supposed to be almost 2 hours long?

What the hell happened? I don’t even think this one was a full 45 minutes.

first 2, 55 minutes..

last 4 an hour and 20.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Yes, yes, I was just making a silly point, George.

Yeah, sure you were, Lenny. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Jon Snow flying on a dragon is significant though. 

Also, Jaime Lannister’s face at the end was worth the whole set up episode. I think this was a good one to get all the characters where they need to be. 

Really enjoyed the very brief scene between Sam and Dany too. 

 

Edit; actually, the entire Tormund scene was fun too. 

And Bronn: “that ******* family!”

Tyrion too: “because I have balls” 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Agree Jamie facing Bran was the best part, but why is Jon flying on a dragon a big deal? I don't mean that to be snarky; I'm just forgetting the lore. I know it was a big deal in the books that Jon's hand is burned because he's not fireproof like Danaerys.

It shows that Jon is part Targyrean. 

Also the dragon he rode is named Rhaegal, which Dany named, after her older dead brother she never met Rhaegar, who is Jon's (Aegon's) actual father.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sooo, we doing this in 2 threads now? 

That's just as lame as the show. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

A bit of fan service with the silly, overlong dragon/makeout scene, and all the CGI is having diminishing returns as far as being interesting or worthwhile. If the show-runners think a payoff of CGI dragon flight sequences is why people have watched this show for eight years, they’re going to screw this up. The character Euron is an absolute ******* drag and has no business sharing scenes with Cersei because he sucks as an actor, too.

Agree with everything here. The CGI stuff is already getting old, and I don't understand why people don't get that CGI doesn't age well. It's going to look corny and stupid in 5 years, so the less of it, the better. Focus on the characters and their stories - that's what brought the show to its heights.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...