Rumor: Eagles will Trade for Lee on draft day. Edit: NOT OFFICIAL RUMOR.. Jeesh

GREENBEAN

This deal seems a tad on the slim side for me. If the framework was the same, I would require at least a 5th as well.  Lee and #68 for #57 and a 5th. Maybe a 6th.   That would be my offer. 

Would you guys do this projected trade? 

https://247sports.com/nfl/philadelphia-eagles/Article/Darron-Lee-Eagles-trade-draft--131077264/

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

addition by subtraction.  the guy has physical talent but never got his coverage skills down.  the jets would essentially be giving up a two year starter for some draft choices who may be out of the league in a year or two.  imo, they need to see if he can be used by williams before trading.

there's already a discussion of this in the Lee erased Jets from Instagram thread from yesterday.  I think the consensus (excluding the "Lee-haters-at-all-costs") was F--k that.  The 11 pick move up has an 80 point value on the draft chart.  So the equivalent, per draft chart, that is, of 80 points is pick 4.05.    It's hard to fathom that, but it would be the equivalent af getting an early 4th for Lee. I'll believe it when I see it.  Not sure I like this idea.  Seems like too little for Lee.  How bout moving up + another midround.  I'd at least like to pocket a another pick out of this along with the 11 pick move up.

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wait so we give them Lee and we get a 2nd this year and 3rd next? Yeah we should do this all day.

Lee is a back up for us and sure he is Ave player so. Yeah let's do it

Jets give up a 3rd this year as well, but this doesn't seem to even be a rumor on CBS site. It's a mock draft scenario. The CBS article that the on linked is based off of does not say it's a rumor. Just presents it in their mock draft as a trade that happens.

This or some iteration of it seems to make a lot of sense on paper honestly. Wouldn’t be surprised if something has been agreed to.

Eagles have picks at 53 and 57, no third round pick, and a need at LB. Jets have 68 and 93, no second round pick, and no room for Lee.

Seems kind of logical that the Eagles would move off of 57 since they’ll be taking the best guy on their board a few picks before that.

Any Lee+3 for 2 trade between the Jets and Eagles values Lee between pick 70 (Lee and 93 for 53 which would surprise me) or pick 107 (this trade - Lee and 68 for 57). Seems like a pretty reasonable range.

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

weak sauce.

I'd rather see what he can do in the new scheme if we're not getting decent value. It's potentially less than what a comp pick could be.

When you have a lot of FA money, your probably not getting a comp pick.  Judging by Lee's tweets, he's gone.  Might as well get something 

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wait so we give them Lee and we get a 2nd this year and 3rd next? Yeah we should do this all day.

Lee is a back up for us and sure he is Ave player so. Yeah let's do it

"Philadelphia would give up a second-round pick (No. 57 overall) for Lee and a 2019 third-round pick (No. 68 overall) in the draft."

According to the above sentence the Jets would get a 2019 2nd rd & 3rd rd pick.

6 hours ago, jetsons said:

"Philadelphia would give up a second-round pick (No. 57 overall) for Lee and a 2019 third-round pick (No. 68 overall) in the draft."

If true how could the Jets not do it? You get a much needed 2nd and a 3rd for a player who doesn't fit. I do that all day and twice on Sunday. No-brainer for the Jets.

On edit: Wow. Don't I feel like a putz for just skimming that one. LOL. At least I can admit I made a mistake.

3 minutes ago, jetsons said:

Reading comprehension much?

It clearly states that we would be giving up Lee and our 3rd round pick (No. 68). We only get the Eagles 2nd round pick (No. 57)

4 minutes ago, jetsons said:

The 68th pick is our 3rd round pick that we would be trading to the Eagles, along with Lee. The only thing they would give up is pick 57.

17 minutes ago, flgreen said:

When you have a lot of FA money, your probably not getting a comp pick.  Judging by Lee's tweets, he's gone.  Might as well get something 

Players tweet nonsense all the time when they are angry. Let things play out and see what happens before saying goodbye to another #1 draft pick. 

4 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Reading comprehension much?

It clearly states that we would be giving up Lee and our 3rd round pick (No. 68). We only get the Eagles 2nd round pick (No. 57)

The writer may have meant to say that but according that sentence that is NOT what he said... nice sarcasm though ?

Just now, jetsons said:

The writer may have meant to say that but according that sentence that is NOT what he said... nice sarcasm though ?

I wasn't being sarcastic. I'm suggesting you actually take an English grammar course.

If trading Lee nets us one of the top 3 Centers in this draft than bring it on. But, I know you guys will go crazy but if we got Quinnen Williams + Zach Allen with our 2nd & still ended up with a Center with our 3rd rounder....yowza! 

weak sauce.
I'd rather see what he can do in the new scheme if we're not getting decent value. It's potentially less than what a comp pick could be.

I Lean this way too. I’m ok with lee being traded but not for trading sake. If there is a guy who just shouldn’t have slipped to 57 and is a real opportunity, maybe it’s worth it.

I’d rather have Lee on the roster for the reasons mentioned as well as injury ins but again, if there is a real opportunity to improve the roster at 57 Lee is a pretty benign chip to play. House money as they say.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

[mention=9819]GREENBEAN[/mention]
Page 6 Darron Lee discussion thread Eagles trade rumor already posted

Damn. I’m
Pretty up on most of the stuff around here but it’s hard to find everything. I looked around quite a bit before posting. Sorry. This can be merged if need be.

Then again, it might help push the TRADE JAMAL ADAMS thread down so there’s that. ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

2 hours ago, rangerous said:

addition by subtraction.  the guy has physical talent but never got his coverage skills down.  the jets would essentially be giving up a two year starter for some draft choices who may be out of the league in a year or two.  imo, they need to see if he can be used by williams before trading.

lee’s coverage was pretty good last year, his problem is that he doesn’t like to tackle 

They originally drafted him to get a speed linebacker to help with coverage. Because the Jets were too slow. As for tackling he's filling out and you hope to see improvement. He could have a role on this team so I keep him. I guess Williams would make the call on this. If he feels he doesn't fit in or not his kind of player they'll get rid of him. 

Archived