Best Hotdog

On 4/14/2019 at 2:30 PM, New York Mick said:

I need a break from the draft and was talking about this the other day. 

Me -  Sabrett boiled with onion sauce,  sauerkraut and spicy mustard. Second would be a Chicago dog

My wife - deep fried with chili and cheese sauce. I guess that’s a Jersey thing.   

Buddy from  Syracuse - Snappy Grillers with honey mustard 

@The Crusher can’t have a food thread without tagging you. 

You win.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/15/2019 at 8:54 PM, The Crimson King said:

RUTT's HUT "The Ripper"

http://www.ruttshut.com/

seriously

That's really good. Another excellent place-Super Duper Weenie in Fairfield, CT. Still like Nathan's but either of those are better.

If you're buying in the grocery store, check out Feltman's, al old brand revived by some Brooklyn lads. 

On 4/14/2019 at 2:36 PM, joewilly12 said:

Nathans on my hot dog roller cooker. 

There are some local hotdogs here which are pretty decent but for me #1 is ......... Nathans. I smother mine with hotdog relish (Heinz ) .

• Post of the Week 1

Hebrew National with Mustard, Chili and onion.

But I don’t think I’ve ever hated a hotdog I’ve tried.

I have a big gripe about the whole hotdog scene though, the goofs who act like it’s sacrilegious to put ketchup on a hotdog (especially in Chicago). It’s a goddamn hotdog, not a porterhouse steak. It’s essentially just a grilled/steamed stick of bologna on a bun. I’ll put whatever I want on it and you can suck my a$$hole.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

It warms my heart to know that there are people actually living in Chicago that feel this way. Deep dish isn't a pizza, it's a goddamn casserole.

Plenty of people living in Chicago who feel that way -- its just that almost all of them grew up in NY/NJ.  I still remember the looks of horror I got from my daughter when we were back in NY and ordered pizza as we folded it up, waited for the orange grease to drip off and enjoyed real pizza.  Then when she asked for a knife and fork, we seriously thought about disowning her.

• Haha 3

On 5/8/2019 at 6:17 PM, Lith said:

Plenty of people living in Chicago who feel that way -- its just that almost all of them grew up in NY/NJ.  I still remember the looks of horror I got from my daughter when we were back in NY and ordered pizza as we folded it up, waited for the orange grease to drip off and enjoyed real pizza.  Then when she asked for a knife and fork, we seriously thought about disowning her.

When given the choice, I'm slightly more of a New Haven style Apizza guy with the thin, charred, crispy crust - but classic NY folds with extra grease are the backbone of my existence. I can't even imagine your daughter's life without real pizza in it.

On 5/8/2019 at 9:08 AM, Untouchable said:

Hebrew National with Mustard, Chili and onion.

But I don’t think I’ve ever hated a hotdog I’ve tried.

I have a big gripe about the whole hotdog scene though, the goofs who act like it’s sacrilegious to put ketchup on a hotdog (especially in Chicago). It’s a goddamn hotdog, not a porterhouse steak. It’s essentially just a grilled/steamed stick of bologna on a bun. I’ll put whatever I want on it and you can suck my a$$hole.

And then you can return the favor and put your hotdog in his a$$hole? :-)

• 4 weeks later...