• Last Reply
13 minutes ago, KRL said:

Based on Pauline's podcast he thinks if the Jets trade down and
get a #2 they would flip it to SEA for Clark:

https://bleav.com/podcast/sean-bunting-surging-up-draft-boards/

Surprised to hear the Jets would consider him based on his former
issues.  Is Maccagnan feeling the heat to win so badly that he
would take Clark???

He better be feeling the fires of hell on his butt to win! I’d be furious if CJ had not made this clear. If the 1st and 3rd round picks are not substantially contributing by the end of next season he should be fired.

would happily take clark, swap our 3 for their 21 and their 2nd rounder.

For the hawks, they cant keep clark.

So, they can unload him and his salary demands and draft his replacement on a rookie deal essentially keeping clark level play (hopefully) for rookie coin. Yea they would give up a second but that's what you get for moving up to the 3 spot.

The jets get a proven pass rusher in his prime with cap space to pay. They will have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to plug in guys at center, Tackle, Wr and CB.

DONE

8 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

So, they can unload him and his salary demands and draft his replacement on a rookie deal essentially keeping clark level play (hopefully) for rookie coin. Yea they would give up a second but that's what you get for moving up to the 3 spot.

The jets get a proven pass rusher in his prime with cap space to pay. They will have 4 picks in the first 3 rounds to plug in guys at center, Tackle, Wr and CB.

DONE

You’d move down 18 spots to pay Clark and a pick up one pick? We gave up 3 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots. 

5 hours ago, HighPitch said:

DONE

Seattle doesn’t have a 2nd round pick.

5 hours ago, shuler82 said:

You’d move down 18 spots to pay Clark and a pick up one pick? We gave up 3 2nd rounders to move up 3 spots. 

Id move down 18 spots to get a PROVEN pass rusher in his prime plus a second rounder. ..

You might stay at 3, possibly get a total bust in either allen/williams and get NO second rounder...

which scenario do you think will feel better in 2 years time?

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't see the Jets trading for Frank Clark. Jets need more draft picks in the first 64 picks, not less, and they can't afford to keep shelling out big contracts. Jets really need to find starters in this draft and the next to build long-term sustainable success. 

Eh If I can get a player that's 25, in his prime and has 32 sacks over 3 years all for a 2nd rounder and a later pick I'm doing that in a heartbeat. Highly unlikely Mac matches that production with those picks anyway. Not a shot at Mac there, Clark is just a stud. 

12 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

I don't see the Jets trading for Frank Clark. Jets need more draft picks in the first 64 picks, not less, and they can't afford to keep shelling out big contracts. Jets really need to find starters in this draft and the next to build long-term sustainable success. 

Jets are 30 mil under the cap still and we haven’t had an actual pass rusher in 13 years

It’s looking like the “Macc wants to trade down” rumors might be about a jets Seattle trade involving Clark 

18 minutes ago, jetspenguin said:

Hahahaha fack no!!!

Give away the #3 AND pay him a boatload??? Koss my ENTIRE arse!!

Sent from the Suicide Watch desk.

Edit- not at you choon, just the idea of it.

I hear ya. I'd entertain sending next years #1 though. That should be between 15-25 most likely. Def not the #3 though

Idk if anyone’s been a bigger Frank Clark guy on here than me, but now that they want a 1st? No shot. If Mac can find a 2nd this year I’m trading that and a 4th next year and that’s it 

I’d swap 1sts if we could get clark

proven pass rusher that’s 25 years old, plus prime position for a top o lineman. 

To me, clark and a 1st round o lineman would be significantly better than adding QW or josh Allen alone

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/20/frank-clark-trade-talk-continues/

Frank Clark trade talk continues

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 20, 2019, 7:55 PM EDT
gettyimages-856464262-e1555804494203.jpg
Getty Images

We noted last weekend that there’s been talk around the NFL of the Seahawks trading defensive end Frank Clark. That talk seems to be getting louder as the draft approaches.

Multiple reports in recent days have said a Clark trade is possible. Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reported that the Bills and Jets are interested in acquiring Clark. Adam Schefter of ESPN reported that the Seahawks will demand “at least a first round pick.”

Getting a first-round pick would be a tall order. Clark is probably looking for something in the neighborhood of the five-year, $90 million contract defensive end Trey Flowers got from the Lions. A team giving up a first-round pick and paying Clark that kind of money would have to absolutely love him as a player.

Seahawks G.M. John Schneider has spoken recently about how he likes making draft trades. The Seahawks have just four picks in this year’s draft, and the right package of picks might be enough to make them part ways with Clark.

10 hours ago, SR24 said:

Idk if anyone’s been a bigger Frank Clark guy on here than me, but now that they want a 1st? No shot. If Mac can find a 2nd this year I’m trading that and a 4th next year and that’s it 

Correct me if I’m wrong but Seattle runs a 4-3 with Clark as the DE. We have Williams and Anderson as our 3-4 bookends. 

With our current personnel how does Clark fit in? I love Clark’s motor but this is not a good fit even before he signs $150 mil+ contract 

On 4/16/2019 at 11:27 AM, Raideraholic said:

Seattle set the bidding at a second round pick for Clark.    They will take the best offer for him.   Someone gives up a first for him obviously they will get him.   The Raiders have the 35 pick in the draft, so someone would have to give Seattle something better than that.

The Raiders traded us their guard.   Wasn’t that for cap reasons?  Can the pay Clark?

Archived