Frank Clark

choon328

6 hours ago, JetPotato said:

Seattle either has little intention of trading him (thus throwing out this absurdly high demand) or they are totally delusional.

How is that delusional?  Abe got us a first round pick.  Clark is about as good an edge rusher as Abe was and at a similarly young age

And not to mention edge rushers are now more highly valued than they were in 2005

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

How is that delusional?  Abe got us a first round pick.  Clark is about as good an edge rusher as Abe was and at a similarly young age

And not to mention edge rushers are now more highly valued than they were in 2005

It’s a different league now.  The more a player gets paid the less he is worth on the open trade market.

14 minutes ago, Jetster said:

How many teams left can afford to give Clark a contract?

Thats the question. 

There are 14 teams with more than $20MM cap space:

In addition to us: Colts, Texans, Dolphins, Niners, Browns, Raiders, Bills, Titans, Eagles, Lions, Cards, Bengals and Chiefs.  Without a 2nd round pick, I have to assume we are a long shot.

Just now, Lith said:

There are 14 teams with more than $20MM cap space:

In addition to us: Colts, Texans, Dolphins, Niners, Browns, Raiders, Bills, Titans, Eagles, Lions, Cards, Bengals and Chiefs.  Without a 2nd round pick, I have to assume we are a long shot.

I think we could count Texans, dolphins, niners , and browns out..

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Trade down, get a few extra picks, then trade our #1 for Clark and their #1 @ 21. 

If you are Seattle, are you going to give up Frank Clark just to move up a few slots in the draft.  They only have 4 picks; if I am in their shoes, I am not trading Clark unless I come away with more picks, not just draft position.  Clark trade to the Jets is most likely, imo, if we trade back and send a pick or two for Clark.

I think the Eagles or Chiefs make more sense.  Both teams ready to win now, both have late 1s and two 2s, and $20MM+ cap space.  I think they are much more likely trade partners with Seattle than we are.

16 minutes ago, Lith said:

If you are Seattle, are you going to give up Frank Clark just to move up a few slots in the draft.  They only have 4 picks; if I am in their shoes, I am not trading Clark unless I come away with more picks, not just draft position.  Clark trade to the Jets is most likely, imo, if we trade back and send a pick or two for Clark.

I think the Eagles or Chiefs make more sense.  Both teams ready to win now, both have late 1s and two 2s, and $20MM+ cap space.  I think they are much more likely trade partners with Seattle than we are.

Agreed.  The only way we can get him is to make a trade first, get more picks then package some for Clark.  

It's not just an issue of who has cap space this year.  To make that trade, Clark will have to sign the franchise tag and he will only do so if his new team gives him a long term deal similar to Trey Flowers.  I don't think the Eagles are in a position to do that especially given the $$$ they have given Fletcher Cox and Malcolm Jenkins and the money they will have to pay Carson Wentz.

1 hour ago, Scoop24 said:

I think we could count Texans, dolphins, niners , and browns out..

Raiders (did not want to sign Khalil), Chiefs (Let Ford go), Lions (signed Flowers to that crazy contract), Bengals are cheap as sh*t, Cards have Chandler Jones.

That leaves Bills, Colts, Titans, Jets. I think we're still in play.

4 hours ago, Lith said:

If we can trade back to 10-15 that’s a significant number of spots to satisfy Seattle in their quest to replace Clark. No way I trade our #3 for Clark and their 3rd rounder. Seattle has to dump Clark and his salary which gives us the upper hand. Eagles and Chiefs may have ammunition but those are late first rounders and Seattle may covet a pick before 15.  Let’s say we trade back to 11 with the Bengals, get some extra picks, trade the 11 to the Hawks for Clark and work out the differences, meaning getting or giving an extra pick or swapping draft positions somewhere along the line. Not a draft guru but seems like it could be an equitable deal for both sides. 

If I were running the Titans I would be setting my team up to get a legit QB after 2019.  I don't think Mariota is the guy to bring them to the next level.  There's good talent on the team and I wouldn't want to sign a guy like Clark to limit them in 2020 and beyond.  I would hold on to resources (picks and cap space) for a QB.

3 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

If I were running the Titans I would be setting my team up to get a legit QB after 2019.  I don't think Mariota is the guy to bring them to the next level.  There's good talent on the team and I wouldn't want to sign a guy like Clark to limit them in 2020 and beyond.  I would hold on to resources (picks and cap space) for a QB.

Agree about Mariota I think the titans give up on him after next season

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Oh really is that why Mack got two first round picks?

Good point but I think he's an outlier.  Mack disrupts a game like almost no other player at his position.  And the Bears felt they were only a player away from being contenders.  I don't think Clark is in his league.  

The Colts may be in a similar position, especially given their two second and two fourth round picks.  And one second (our pick!) is very, very high second round.

I think Clark ends up being on the Bills by Saturday. They have extra picks this year in the 4th and 5th so I could see them moving a 2nd to get him. Their GM has been super aggressive in trying to acquire players.

The only chance the Jets have is to offer up a player like Robby and a pick next year to get Clark. WR is a big need for the Seahawks. I'd rather they do that then give up any draft assets they may get in return for trading back this year.

1 minute ago, choon328 said:

I think Clark ends up being on the Bills by Saturday. They have extra picks this year in the 4th and 5th. I could see them moving a 2nd to get him. Then flipping a 4th and 5th alone to get a 2nd pick in the 3rd or using a 3rd and 4th to get back into the 2nd bc round. Their GM has been super aggressive in trying to acquire players.

The only chance the Jets have is to offer up a player like Robby and a pick next year to get Clark. WR is a big need for the Seahawks. I'd rather they do that then give up any draft assets they may get in return for trading back this year.

The bills would end up having had the offseason we should have had

1 minute ago, Philc1 said:

The bills would end up having had the offseason we should have had

Pretty much. They didn't sign any big names. But, that being said, they filled a ton of holes with good players. They brought in something like 5 offensive lineman in Free Agency. At least they're trying to protect their QB. They'll have a solid offensive line this year with remarkable depth. I wish the Jets would have done that. If Allen improves his accuracy this season the Bills are going to be a good team next year. 

Keep in mind that there was a report a couple of days before Antonio Brown was traded that the Steelers were firm on wanting a 1st round pick in return. They settled for a 3rd and 5th. I expect Clark to go for a 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year. Or, if a player is involved, I could see it being the player plus a 2nd or 3rd next year.

8 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Keep in mind that there was a report a couple of days before Antonio Brown was traded that the Steelers were firm on wanting a 1st round pick in return. They settled for a 3rd and 5th. I expect Clark to go for a 2nd this year and a 3rd or 4th next year. Or, if a player is involved, I could see it being the player plus a 2nd or 3rd next year.

Darron Lee is a player!

7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Cap issues could impact his value   Not everybody has the need or ability to pay him including the team that owns his contract. 

Archived