ABC’s ROBIN ROBERTS hosting NFL DRAFT! WTF?!

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Draft coverage on TV has always been terrible and it doesn’t matter who sits behind the desk puking out nonsense. If ESPN wanted to put together a decent show, they’d give us a running live full-screen shot of Adam Schefter’s iPhone like the Yule Log broadcast on Christmas. 

But you’ll still watch it out post about the picks. 

29 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

This thread is a new low.

Why's that? The fact that a host from Good Morning America is the host for the NFL Draft is ok with you?? I would have equally complained if it was George Stephanopolis or Ryan Seaborn! The point is the draft has become so watered down and PC in the Goodell era that it's not enjoyable anymore.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 3

7 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Why's that? The fact that a host from Good Morning America is the host for the NFL Draft is ok with you?? I would have equally complained if it was George Stephanopolis or Ryan Seaborn! The point is the draft has become so watered down and PC in the Goodell era that it's not enjoyable anymore.

She worked in sports for a long time. I’m personally not a fan of hers but I’m not watching that channel so it doesn’t matter. 

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

She started out as an anchor for ESPN and Sportscenter. Also worked on NFL Primetime I think during its heyday.

She's fine

She's also an athlete who played college basketball.

Has been a Sportster and host for years.  The horror.

What a ridiculous thread. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

14 hours ago, choon328 said:

Can you believe they let women work now? Shouldn't they be home in the kitchen barefoot and pregnant cookng dinner?

(Btw, that's sarcasm for all of you who didn't catch it)

Side note:  I never understood why, when pregnant and cooking dinner, they weren't allowed to wear shoes.....but hey, that's just me.  Must be a 1950's thing.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

ET Tu BRUTE? MakeAGIF.com photograph face black and white facial expression monochrome photography head emotion forehead monochrome human classical sculpture phenomenon

Ha!  We'll survive with Robin Roberts....besides, she's the emcee....there will be lots of "expert" analysis from the dozens of other talking heads on all the networks.  I usually watch one network (NFL Network) and then record the other one (ESPN or now ABC) so that I can go back and hear the other reviews of the Jets and other picks afterwards.  That's my strategy and I'm stickin' to it.

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Would you complain if Michael Strahan hosted the draft show?

Sorry Nuu, I wouldn't complain, but I surely wouldn't watch.  Michael Strahan is a self serving, self worshiping dickhead. 

As for Robin Roberts, I'm with @32EBoozer .   I can see her now, sitting in her chair, with her list of milquetoast, canned, human interest themed questions.  I could do without that too.  How about a current, viable, engaging "Football Analyst"?  Is that too much too ask?  Guess so.  Pity.

• Upvote 1