ABC’s ROBIN ROBERTS hosting NFL DRAFT! WTF?!

9 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

You do realize that she was a sportscaster, right? She started as ESPN in 1990. So the fact that you'd be "just as outraged" by George Stephanopolis or Ryan Seaborn shows what an idiot you are...

Rush Limbaugh was a sportscaster for MNF, let's have him cover the WNBA draft for Lifetime.

On 4/15/2019 at 3:45 AM, 32EBoozer said:

I don’t want to see the Draft become a “feel good” overcomer’s support group. more and more it has become a commercialized sideshow. I miss the days of the Draft where fans are screaming ? in the audience and agonizing over picks. Those days are over. 

Goodell is nothing more than a PR Man snake ? oil salesman

This is true. The Draft is going to end up being this ultra sanitized, overly scripted event reminiscent of a football version's American idol.  they will try to reach out to the masses when in reality this is a dedicated fan event.

However, I seen this coming the moment they said that they were moving the Draft from Radio City and placing it on the road every year. 

Yes, even the NFL can **** up a good thing at times. 

At first I thought you were just complaining over nonsense, but now seeing what you said, i agree given that I realized this years ago. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You’re talking to the wrong guy. I’d love this.  (Though it’s spelled Gottfried).  It would be even funnier because he knows nothing about sports.

He could open the draft with his version of the greatest joke ever told,

"The Aristocrats"

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

13 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

If I may quote a post also made by another here....... “My issue is that she has not been involved in the sports side of the media for the past 20 or so years. Sage Steele would have been a great choice! It would just be nice if there was a sport that treated itself like, you know A SPORT. Everything has to bemassively overproduced and full of cross promotion. You know ABC will be showing promos for some stupid show every 3 minutes and bringing totally irrelevant actors on set for their “football” opinions. 

Booze, when the mob rule here wants to run with their own contrived PC nature of things, it can get out of control. 

One of these characters used to post the most misogynist utterances here, that it was cringeworthy.

I don't either believe that Robin Roberts is the best choice as an emcee for this event, but the NFL wants to make this even more mainstream friendly. That is a personal choice, as yours is. How that creates ire among the aligned rank, is beyond me. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Booze, when the mob rule here wants to run with their own contrived PC nature of things, it can get out of control. 

One of these characters used to post the most misogynist utterances here, that it was cringeworthy.

I don't either believe that Robin Roberts is the best choice as an emcee for this event, but the NFL wants to make this even more mainstream friendly. That is a personal choice, as yours is. How that creates ire among the aligned rank, is beyond me. 

Yeah Scott, I'm not too worried about it. I'm actually surprised that this topic has garnered 150 responses! Hey, I hope she proves me wrong and knocks it out of the park but I'm not laying money on that bet.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Yeah Scott, I'm not too worried about it. I'm actually surprised that this topic has garnered 150 responses! Hey, I hope she proves me wrong and knocks it out of the park but I'm not laying money on that bet.

Her choice was not to appeal to us, the fans that will watch the event if it were dogs diagramming plays on a chalkboard.

This was a choice to appeal to a broader (no pun intended) mainstream that will now flick this on for 15 minutes of intrigue in something they never would have considered before. 

48 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Tempest in a tea pot. There is a much larger middle ground here that says no big deal, who cares, let the show go on sandwiched between the self aggrandizing PC folk and the Archie Bunker neanderthal school of thought. 

• Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Her choice was not to appeal to us, the fans that will watch the event if it were dogs diagramming plays on a chalkboard.

So, you would rather watch a broadcast featuring dogs diagramming plays than one hosted by an accomplished female? Is that what you’re implying? 

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

Self-appointed board ombudsman finally weighs in on something worth discussing, and his contribution is “being a huge idiot is a personal choice, and these PC thugs need to respect that.” Well worth the wait.

As soon as I read “Her choice was not to appeal to us,” with it’s multiple, unintentional incel-appropriate meanings, my heart did a little joyous backflip 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Scott Dierking said:

This was a choice to appeal to a broader (no pun intended) mainstream that will now flick this on for 15 minutes of intrigue in something they never would have considered before. 

Lol wtf

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Lol wtf

Here:

-Hardcore football fans-Will watch no matter who is an emcee, host, announcer, etc. They care about the results, and the rest is just fluff.

-Disney- The NFL draft audience currently we have a stranglehold on. How do we greater a greater appeal to the audience that we don't normally attract?

-Answer-Position someone that has appeal in a crossover fashion from both the sports enthusiast to a more mainstream content.

No samurai type logic needed to understand this.

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

You’re talking to the wrong guy. I’d love this.  (Though it’s spelled Gottfried).  It would be even funnier because he knows nothing about sports.

An annoyingly sounding man who knows nothing about sports presenting an NFL draft show = hilarious! yes please!

Any woman presenting an NFL draft show = what is this world coming, too!??

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here:

-Hardcore football fans-Will watch no matter who is an emcee, host, announcer, etc. They care about the results, and the rest is just fluff.

-Disney- The NFL draft audience currently we have a stranglehold on. How do we greater a greater appeal to the audience that we don't normally attract?

-Answer-Position someone that has appeal in a crossover fashion from both the sports enthusiast to a more mainstream content.

I don’t even remember who were the announcers last year

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the ladies, they really rev my engines, but they do NOT belong in the newsroom! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's Todd McShay, not Todd McLady, and that is a scientific fact!

Mr. Kiper, this draft needs its news. And you are going to deprive them of that because I have breasts? Exquisite breasts? Now, I am gonna go on, and if you want to try and stop me, bring it on. Because I am good at three things: Fighting, screwing, and covering the draft. I've already done one of those today, so what's the other one gonna be? Huh?

-Robin Roberts, probably 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Don’t get me wrong, I love the ladies, they really rev my engines, but they do NOT belong in the newsroom! 

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It's Todd McShay, not Todd McLady, and that is a scientific fact!

2 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Mr. Kiper, this draft needs its news. And you are going to deprive them of that because I have breasts? Exquisite breasts? Now, I am gonna go on, and if you want to try and stop me, bring it on. Because I am good at three things: Fighting, screwing, and covering the draft. I've already done one of those today, so what's the other one gonna be? Huh?

-Robin Roberts, probably 

tenor-2.gif

9 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

This is true. The Draft is going to end up being this ultra sanitized, overly scripted event reminiscent of a football version's American idol.

When and where did we watch the imaginary "unsantized" version of the NFL draft?  What was so good about the good old days?  Like what has changed that anyone should really be crying over? 

In all honesty, years ago, weekday draft, ESPN in a dead room was boring as all hell on TV.  Paint drying material.  No one watched.  MSG & then Radio City it was much better.  And petty much the same as it is today other than it being stretched out over 3 days.

Other than a woman sportscaster hosting

36 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

When and where did we watch the imaginary "unsantized" version of the NFL draft?  What was so good about the good old days?  Like what has changed that anyone should really be crying over? 

In all honesty, years ago, weekday draft, ESPN in a dead room was boring as all hell on TV.  Paint drying material.  No one watched.  MSG & then Radio City it was much better.  And petty much the same as it is today other than it being stretched out over 3 days.

Other than a woman sportscaster hosting

I kind of miss the all day Saturday and all day Sunday marathons.

I also miss the criticizing picks and the hosts guessing along with teams what should be picked.

When there was not this joint consensus as to the order of how the draft should fall, teams were more willing to go out on a limb and take a risk. Now with all the advanced analytics, and homogenized ordering, GM's are far less likely to stray from that consensus. I am sure that is for the better and worse, simultaneously.

Also, the Networks covering the draft were not in bed with the NFL and felt more of an ability to actually offer opinions more, and with less pre-packaged emotion.

This of course has nothing to do with Robin Roberts.