Jump to content

Let's finish this Dline


Jetster

Recommended Posts

We have two 3rd round picks & most likely a trade back is not going to happen. The best case scenario for an extra pick in this draft is trading Lee. Swapping 1 of our 3rds & getting the Eagles 2nd we can go two different ways in this draft. First, if it's Quinnen Williams we take him & try to trade our 2nd with Seattle for Frank Clark & boom, you have a fantastic versatile front (Anderson, Clark, Quinnen, Leo, Shepard, Foley). 

Second scenario, Its Bosa or Josh Allen. Now you use that 2nd rounder for best Center still on the board. Either way it's a win, win, still having our one of our 3rd round picks. So many scenarios in this draft even if we don't trade back because of the Lee situation. My son who bartends in Nashville sent me a photo of the draft stage being set up right out of their window. Should be a good tip week for him ?.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No, we need help on the offensive line, not defensive line. We're paying a bum $14 million to be average, and an overachiever about $8 million. How much do we need to spend on the defensive line when we have no starting Center?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, choon328 said:

No, we need help on the offensive line, not defensive line. We're paying a bum $14 million to be average, and an overachiever about $8 million. How much do we need to spend on the defensive line when we have no starting Center?

We'll still have the 3rd round & on for Oline either way. 2020 is when we finish the holes in this team. Jets could have one of the best front 7s in the league with a Quinnen pick & Frank Clark trade. If a can't miss LT was there of course, but that's just not the case so you continue to strengthen your team. 

Sams development will be the biggest change on offense. We will draft some Olineman late & Frank Pollack will get to work. I actually gave you a 2nd scenario where we take Best CENTER available if we draft an edge rusher in Bosa or Allen. You can't fix everything this year. Your not getting a stud Edge, Center & LT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, choon328 said:

No, we need help on the offensive line, not defensive line. We're paying a bum $14 million to be average, and an overachiever about $8 million. How much do we need to spend on the defensive line when we have no starting Center?

appanrently an awful lot of football people, coaches included, think Leonard is far from a bum. Some say he is very good.  How can this be?  Half the people on this blog disagree.  The football people must be wrong, no?What I do know he was coached by a bum DC for 4 years and deployed by a bum head coach for 4 years.  He may surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last year Mac drafted Shepherd in the 3rd and it seems he doesn't even exist in many posters' minds yet we should draft more dline? If we stay at 3 and pick Bosa or Allen than fine (hardly the same as drafting a DT like Wilk, Sheldon, Leo, or Coples) but after that dline should be avoided. WR, CB, OLINE, even a RB in round 4 or later would be a better option, imo. Unless a guy like Polite slips into round 3 somehow.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

No, we need help on the offensive line, not defensive line. We're paying a bum $14 million to be average, and an overachiever about $8 million. How much do we need to spend on the defensive line when we have no starting Center?

A bum

Amazing how out of touch some fans are with reality.  If you're not a sack machine you're a bum and average.  How does that work?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Last year Mac drafted Shepherd in the 3rd and it seems he doesn't even exist in many posters' minds yet we should draft more dline? If we stay at 3 and pick Bosa or Allen than fine (hardly the same as drafting a DT like Wilk, Sheldon, Leo, or Coples) but after that dline should be avoided. WR, CB, OLINE, even a RB in round 4 or later would be a better option, imo. Unless a guy like Polite slips into round 3 somehow.

Agree, barring a lot of crazy stuff like one or more trade downs, our 1st, 2 3rds, and 4th rounder need to include Edge rusher, Center, CB, with 3 of those picks, and if very good prospects pop up at those positions in the 1st 3 picks use them there since those 3 positions currently do not have capable or good starters on this team. If it works out that way and should really, the 4th round can then be BAP on either Oline(LT or G) or at WR. Then the 6th and 7th rounders can be where we take fliers at a big NT, and maybe TE (since beyond starter we can upgrade there). Fill out the rest of the roster spots with UDFAs. Lets also see what we can parlay Lee into. If we can't get a chance moving him to get in the 2nd round maybe we can get a player for him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

We have two 3rd round picks & most likely a trade back is not going to happen. The best case scenario for an extra pick in this draft is trading Lee. Swapping 1 of our 3rds & getting the Eagles 2nd we can go two different ways in this draft. First, if it's Quinnen Williams we take him & try to trade our 2nd with Seattle for Frank Clark & boom, you have a fantastic versatile front (Anderson, Clark, Quinnen, Leo, Shepard, Foley). 

 Second scenario, Its Bosa or Josh Allen. Now you use that 2nd rounder for best Center still on the board. Either way it's a win, win, still having our one of our 3rd round picks. So many scenarios in this draft even if we don't trade back because of the Lee situation. My son who bartends in Nashville sent me a photo of the draft stage being set up right out of their window. Should be a good tip week for him ?.

Why is a trade back unlikely to happen? I am not counting on it, but I think it's a real possibility with a QB/Bosa likely available at 3 that teams would covet. 

Let's assume Murray goes 1, then it's either Bosa at 2 or another QB at 2. So we would only need 1 team to fall in love with Lock/Haskins and we are in position to trade back.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm not excited about going DL at #3 overall, but at #3 overall you have to go with the most surefire stud available, regardless of position. If they decide that guy is Williams or Oliver, so be it. You can't reach for need there. 

I'm still hoping to trade down. There has to be a team out there looking to get ahead of the Raiders for either a pass rusher or a QB. All it takes is one team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

appanrently an awful lot of football people, coaches included, think Leonard is far from a bum. Some say he is very good.  How can this be?  Hlf the people on this blog disagree.  The football people must be wrong, no?What I do know he was coached by a bum DC for 4 years and deployed by a bum head coach for 4 years.  He may surprise.

17 sacks in 4 years? The Jets can get that production from a JAG FA.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A bum

Amazing how out of touch some fans are with reality.  If you're not a sack machine you're a bum and average.  How does that work?

Did you watch him pay last year? He played like a lazy bum. Quitting on plays, telling the media the Jets might as well trade him if they fire Bowles. He played like a JAG last year and the Jets are going to pay him $14 million this year as a reward. Amazing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Did you watch him pay last year? He played like a lazy bum. Quitting on plays, telling the media the Jets might as well trade him if they fire Bowles. He played like a JAG last year and the Jets are going to pay him $14 million this year as a reward. Amazing.

Yeah, the lazy bum.  He quit on plays.  A JAG even.  And the Jets are rewarding him for it. 

You left out the two other imaginary complaints, hes slow, not athletic and fat LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, slats said:

I'm not excited about going DL at #3 overall, but at #3 overall you have to go with the most surefire stud available, regardless of position. If they decide that guy is Williams or Oliver, so be it. You can't reach for need there. 

I'm still hoping to trade down. There has to be a team out there looking to get ahead of the Raiders for either a pass rusher or a QB. All it takes is one team. 

I want to draft offense as much as anybody else but drafting a RT, Guard or WR in this years class at 3 would be a disaster. Mac loves drafting the high floor players instead of taking the risks when the risk is worth it, which probably makes Quinnen or Jonah (depending on if we trade down) the pick, even though i prefer Bosa/Allen or trade. There absolutely should be a team willing to move up, it will be dependant if Mac has the balls to take an offer that may be less attractive than what the Colts got for trading back.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

We have two 3rd round picks & most likely a trade back is not going to happen. The best case scenario for an extra pick in this draft is trading Lee. Swapping 1 of our 3rds & getting the Eagles 2nd we can go two different ways in this draft. First, if it's Quinnen Williams we take him & try to trade our 2nd with Seattle for Frank Clark & boom, you have a fantastic versatile front (Anderson, Clark, Quinnen, Leo, Shepard, Foley). 

Second scenario, Its Bosa or Josh Allen. Now you use that 2nd rounder for best Center still on the board. Either way it's a win, win, still having our one of our 3rd round picks. So many scenarios in this draft even if we don't trade back because of the Lee situation. My son who bartends in Nashville sent me a photo of the draft stage being set up right out of their window. Should be a good tip week for him ?.

Sounds like this could have fit nicely in the "Lee being traded to the Eagles" or "Seahawks trading Clark" threads. 

You assume these are both happening even though they aren't even legitimate rumors. 

I hope your Son make a lot of coin. Don't bank on either of these trades. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

The D-Line was finished when Bowles got here.


Wilkerson - Harrison - Richardson + added Leo

lol

 

The Dline was finished when Abe was here. 

Every time he was hurt or sick we were disabled. 

The Pats have made a living out of taking away team's strengths. 

This is why you don't put all your eggs in one basket. 

Trade down and lets balance out the team. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

The Dline was finished when Abe was here. 

Every time he was hurt or sick we were disabled. 

The Pats have made a living out of taking away team's strengths. 

This is why you don't put all your eggs in one basket. 

Trade down and lets balance out the team. 

and If you can't, don't get cute and overdraft someone. .. .. take Allen or Bosa

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Stark said:

The D-Line was finished when Bowles got here.


Wilkerson - Harrison - Richardson + added Leo

lol

 

yep.  that was a good dline, on paper.  to be sure, shelly had some good seasons and played well overall.  same thing with all of those guys. wilky turned into a load when he got his payday and leo may have been a little infected by the guy's slovenliness.  at this point the thing that will make williams/mcclendon/anderson/sheppard better is to start winning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Finish the DL? OK, sign a big young UDFA NT to clog the middle. There you go, done.

I was going to post almost the same exact thing.  The Jets should use a late round pick...say Round 6, to find a big space-eating NT to rotate with McClendon and sit between Leo Williams and Henry Anderson.  That helps us field a solid front 3 and allows the guys behind them (Mosely, Adams, Williamson, hopefully Josh Allen, etc.) to make the magic happen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I was going to post almost the same exact thing.  The Jets should use a late round pick...say Round 6, to find a big space-eating NT to rotate with McClendon and sit between Leo Williams and Henry Anderson.  That helps us field a solid front 3 and allows the guys behind them (Mosely, Adams, Williamson, hopefully Josh Allen, etc.) to make the magic happen.

Quinnen Williams is going to be a beast & Leo would have to play hard to not look lazy next to this guy. He's likely going 2nd overall. Unlike Mo or Sheldon, he's a good kid, plays hard ALL THE TIME and I believe the Jets can get Frank Clark if they get creative & I think one of the top 3 Centers will be there at the high 3rd rounder. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This QW talk just reminds me a lot of what the chiefs did in 09 with Tyson Jackson, almost a perfect comp. all sec player twice at DT at LSU. Drafted at #3 to a 3-4 defense because he’d be a perfect 3-4 end

If we ran a 4-3, I’d be mildly ok with QW. Drafting a 3-4 end at #3 is stupid when we already have Leo, Anderson, and Shephard there for 2 spots. If we really want to “complete the d line” grab a monster NT towards the end of the draft as a hopeful rotation guy.

If we don’t have a great trade-back offer, take Allen. Proven pass rushing olb that was also decent in coverage. Impact player 

 

coincidentally, the teams that seem to have made out the best in 09 draft, outside of stafford or Matthews, are the teams that chose centers early. First 3 off the board by mid 2nd round: Mack, wood, unger

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...