NFL Schedule Released Tomorrow April 17th

The first half seems harder, but we have almost no travel, and I think for the first half of the season we will have a hidden advantage:

This Jets team will be unlike any Jets team in well over 20 years. All of the expected tendencies of the Jets, adjustments philosophy, approach to the game will be completely different. Teams will make decisions based upon us being a very conservative defensive minded team, often without thinking about it, not an aggressive offensive minded team. Teams will have no idea what we will do situationally in games...do we run on 3rd and 3, do we run 65% of the time on first down? Things like that. If Gase is smart he can use that to his advantage

This benefit will diminish over time but could give us a few bonus points and victories early in the season.

The schedule really looks like one where we can make the playoffs and gain momentum as the season goes along. As silly as it sounds, Cleveland will be a somewhat pivotal game for the season.

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wk 1 v. Bills - W Wk 2 MNF vs. Browns - W Wk 3 @ Pats - L Wk 4 Bye Wk 5 @ Eagles - L Wk 6 vs. Cowboys - W Wk 7 MNF v. Pats - W Wk 8 @ Jags - L Wk 9 @ Phins - W

That’s a set-in-stone 1-6 start to the season. My lord 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001026543/article/nfl-schedule-to-be-released-wednesday-at-8pm-et NFL schedule to be released Wednesday at 8pm ET Kevin Patra

Posted Images

Just now, Adoni Beast said:

The cowboys game will be big for early in the year. Tough but winnable game. 

The browns...thats going to be tough with our corner situation. I don’t see a win there but who knows, neither roster is finalized let alone practiced yet lol.

Both New England games are advantageous to New England with us coming off of short weeks and them long weeks. So I have little faith on those games.

Games that will make or break us if we otherwise win “the games we’re supposed to”

Cowboys, Jags, Ravens, Steelers. Win those games + the ones we’re “supposed to” and we have a real shot at division. Split with those 4 and win against Miami 2x, Buffalo 2x, Skins, VaGiants, Bengals, Raiders and we should have enough for a wild card.

But as we know...there are no gimmes in the NFL, especially for the jets. I’m sure every team that sees (Opponent: NYJ)is thinking “win for us.”

the jets finally have real weapons.  if they can upgrade the OL and/or pass rush in the draft, they'll be able to stay with the browns and other good teams.

remember, todd bowles is not the coach anymore.  

48 minutes ago, peebag said:

that's my negative Nancy feeling as well.... :(

me too.  I have said that fans on this site have been whiny little bit#$es about these uniforms - but man, we have something to whine about now!  this has 2014 and 2016 written all over it AGAIN!!  we are going to find out real quick if this is a NEW Jets or just SOJ....just gotta survive the early onslaught, then once you hit that Dolphins game.  My God we can rack up some wins then!!  but not gonna matter if we are 1-6.

2 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

the jets finally have real weapons.  if they can upgrade the OL and/or pass rush in the draft, they'll be able to stay with the browns and other good teams.

remember, todd bowles is not the coach anymore.  

Agreed, however my fear is the cb’s. Trumaine no showed last year and while we all hope Gregg Williams can get him playing well again, can’t count on that until we see it. A good pass rush always helps a secondary improve, so let’s hope we draft the right edge rusher.

As you said, lets fill out that OL in the draft (with Mac’s history thats debatle whether it’ll happen or not).

Jets are here in Florida in back to back weeks.  Jacksonville and Miami are a long way from each other.  

But I wonder if the team will decide to stay in Florida after the Jags game to get ready for the Phins?

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

I'm telling you, this schedule is soft and the Jets don't travel west at all. This has 10-6 and a wildcard birth written all over it. If Brady and the Pats slip, we are taking the division.

This is a very forgiving schedule. If we don’t make the playoffs this year it will be a big disappointment. The end of Mac, hopefully.

2 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Agreed, however my fear is the cb’s. Trumaine no showed last year and while we all hope Gregg Williams can get him playing well again, can’t count on that until we see it. A good pass rush always helps a secondary improve, so let’s hope we draft the right edge rusher.

As you said, lets fill out that OL in the draft (with Mac’s history thats debatle whether it’ll happen or not).

with the rules as they are, cbs are severely disadvantaged anyway.  and what cbs can cover obj?  

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Per the New York Post.  I would say this is official now...

https://nypost.com/2019/04/17/2019-jets-schedule-complete-regular-season-slate/

135325424_ScreenShot2019-04-17at9_16_12AM.thumb.png.1e72dd4357a60c05845608a612fda2c2.png

Not sure if like or hate that the worst part is the early part....

It could be a brutal start and if they get to far behind, how they finish wont matter.  

48 minutes ago, peebag said:

that's my negative Nancy feeling as well.... :(

me too.  I have said that fans on this site have been whiny little bit#$es about these uniforms - but man, we have something to whine about now!  this has 2014 and 2016 written all over it AGAIN!!  we are going to find out real quick if this is a NEW Jets or just SOJ....just gotta survive the early onslaught, then once you hit that Dolphins game.  My God we can rack up some wins then!!  but not gonna matter if we are 1-6.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

Per the New York Post.  I would say this is official now...

https://nypost.com/2019/04/17/2019-jets-schedule-complete-regular-season-slate/

135325424_ScreenShot2019-04-17at9_16_12AM.thumb.png.1e72dd4357a60c05845608a612fda2c2.png

weren't we supposed to open the season against the browns on MNF?

Aren't the last 2 weeks of each season always against a division opponent?

Is this schedule 100% confirmed yet or nah?

• Upvote 1

Honestly, it's not that tough. If we're any good we have a very real chance at the playoffs. No west coast trips, no brutal road stretches. Last place schedule and two solid but beatable divisions on the rotation.

We need to win Week 1 and then split a few of the "tough" games in the first half to stay afloat, then go on a run in the second half.

1 minute ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Seems the Browns thing was just a rumor -- and it's only Week 17 that's always a division opponent. It's not official but multiple sources have confirmed it, so I'd guess it's legit.

• Upvote 1

It sucks we still can't get a Sunday night game and are stuck with 2 Monday night games and since they went to the silly week 17 division game in 2010 we have only had 2 home games week 17.  This year we are at Buffalo and that could be a win and in game, would be nice to end at home.  We always used to start on the road but now we start at home every year pretty much, if rather start week 1 on the road and get week 17 at home.

6 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

Great questions.  This is from the NY Post.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here, I will give you a bail out. If the Jets are 2-5 at week 8, it is a push.

Anything greater than 2-5, you pay to my charity.

Anything less than 2-5, I pay to your charity.

You are ON, Jack

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Here, I will give you a bail out. If the Jets are 2-5 at week 8, it is a push.

Anything greater than 2-5, you pay to my charity.

Anything less than 2-5, I pay to your charity.

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You are ON, Jack

You should each donate on a push.  Or, split the donation at least.  It's charity.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, Lith said:

Good.  Hope this is true.  I like getting the Pats early -- they usually struggle early in the season and peak in Nov/Dec.  Although their definition of struggling is different from ours.

Also Gronk will probably return week 8, so there is that! =D>

36 minutes ago, PS17 said:

This is a very forgiving schedule. If we don’t make the playoffs this year it will be a big disappointment. The end of Mac, hopefully.

Especially since the NFCe is still at a low point compared to its past history.

38 minutes ago, JETSfaninNE said:

We played the Packers week 16 last year.  I think it is just last week of the season that is in Division.

• Upvote 2
55 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Jets are here in Florida in back to back weeks.  Jacksonville and Miami are a long way from each other.  

But I wonder if the team will decide to stay in Florida after the Jags game to get ready for the Phins?

Probably not.  2 1/2 hour flight isn't too bad. The Jax game is at 1PM, they will be on a plane by 8PM and home before midnight.  Monday off and back to work Tuesday or Wednesday with a flight back to Miami on Saturday morning.

If it was back to back West Coast games I think they'd stay given the time difference and the need for an overnight red-eye flight.

The best HOME record the Jets ever recorded during regular season was 7-1 in 1998 at Giants Stadium. In 1968, the year Joe led the Jets to the Super Bowl III championship, the Jets went 6-1 at Shea Stadium. In 2019, the Jets have a shot at running the table at MetLife. Only teams with a shot at beating the Jets at MetLife are the Steelers and Patriots, and I don't see the Steelers beating the Jets at MetLife. Tomlin's Steelers are only 1-2 at MetLife. At the absolute very worst the Jets should go 6-2 at home in 2019. 

• Upvote 1

6 'Easy', Must Win games, practically gimmes (Miami (2), Giants, Wash, Bengals, Raiders) 

5 'Medium', 50/50 type games (Bills (2), Browns, Ravens, Cowboys)

5 'Hard', Hope Jets Win 2 of the 5 type games (Pats (2), Jags, Phi, Steelers)

I could easily see the Jets winning 10 games...  Of Course anything can happen... But its hard to see them losing any of the games in the first group, as long as they take 50% of the rest they are 10+ wins.

13 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

6 'Easy', Must Win games, practically gimmes (Miami (2), Giants, Wash, Bengals, Raiders) 

5 'Medium', 50/50 type games (Bills (2), Browns, Ravens, Cowboys)

5 'Hard', Hope Jets Win 2 of the 5 type games (Pats (2), Jags, Phi, Steelers)

I could easily see the Jets winning 10 games...  Of Course anything can happen... But its hard to see them losing any of the games in the first group, as long as they take 50% of the rest they are 10+ wins.

1st of all, as a typical Jets fan, I don't see any game as "easy".....when was the last time they beat the fins twice in a season?  and giants?  ugh  better win that one....

but even IF (BIG IF) what you say is true, problem is, and this is what scares me:  4 of your "hard" games are right there at the start of the season!!  if the Jets are 1-6 and playing the fins for the first time, guess what?  that "easy W" becomes a loss real quick.

it's not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them.  if the schedules first 7 games and the next 7 games were flipped?  man, I could see this team going on a run!  they could be 7-1 going into the browns game.  build up some confidence, and maybe you beat them and are 8-1 for that first pats game.  just sucks that most of our "hard" games are so early.  will REALLY show us what type of a team we have right away that's for sure!

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

I am thinking about making my way to Jacksonville for Georgia - Florida on Nov 2.  And then making the drive down to Miami for the game on the 3rd.  Just hoping that the Dawgs and Gators play during the day -- which they usually do; otherwise it will be a very early drive on Sunday for the 1PM kickoff which will kill any chacnes of tailgating.

20 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

1st of all, as a typical Jets fan, I don't see any game as "easy".....when was the last time they beat the fins twice in a season?  and giants?  ugh  better win that one....

but even IF (BIG IF) what you say is true, problem is, and this is what scares me:  4 of your "hard" games are right there at the start of the season!!  if the Jets are 1-6 and playing the fins for the first time, guess what?  that "easy W" becomes a loss real quick.

it's not WHO you play, but WHEN you play them.  if the schedules first 7 games and the next 7 games were flipped?  man, I could see this team going on a run!  they could be 7-1 going into the browns game.  build up some confidence, and maybe you beat them and are 8-1 for that first pats game.  just sucks that most of our "hard" games are so early.  will REALLY show us what type of a team we have right away that's for sure!

1-7 no way... you are assuming they lose every game in the first half except for the Miami game?  I mean seriously... You want to play the hard teams at the beginning of the year because the Jets should have a completely healthy team.... less injuries and better weather.  Bills at home week 1, should be a win, Browns (50/50), Pats (L), Eagles (L), Cowboys (W), Pats (W), Jags (L), Miami (W).... Should be around .500 going into the second half... If not better. 

10 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

1-7 no way... you are assuming they lose every game in the first half except for the Miami game?  I mean seriously... You want to play the hard teams at the beginning of the year because the Jets should have a completely healthy team.... less injuries and better weather.  Bills at home week 1, should be a win, Browns (50/50), Pats (L), Eagles (L), Cowboys (W), Pats (W), Jags (L), Miami (W).... Should be around .500 going into the second half... If not better. 

i said they "could" be 1-6 going into Miami game.  with the one W being Buffalo.  You're just giving the Jets wins over the Pats and Cowboys?  hey, like I said, if it happens, we will know a LOT about this team.  beat the better teams, and it gives you confidence going up against the teams like Miami and Washington, etc.

lately, "SOJ" has been getting a crazy hard schedule to start the season (2014, 2016, even 2018 with those 3 games in 11 days thing with a rookie QB) and then going into the tank after starting 1-7.  maybe they will go back to the "SOJ" of years ago, and WIN these tough games against the Pats and Eagles, and then lose the "easy" games?  ahhhh the good ol' days!!