Crazy Mock Draft from Jeremiah

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m sure you’re gorgeous now and I’d still do the flowers and the Shakespeare and all of it for you, but then you’d say some whack sh*t about how great Jamal Adams is and I’d have to call you an Uber because nuh uh girlfriend 

No Thomas, my opinion of Jamal is not whack..you’re acting like a petulant, spoiled little girl, a mean girl - regarding that adorable young Mr. Adams.  

Appreciate the stars on this team, Thomas....ain’t too many of them.

2 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Two Centers in the Top 31 spells trouble for the Jets. 

I've been saying this for a while. The top 5 Centers will all be gone by the end of Round 2. Mostly bc almost all of them have position flexibility so teams who have a need at Guard will look at them as well. The Jets need, at the latest, a mid 2nd round pick if they want one of those guys.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

I appreciate the fact that DK Metcalf fell out of the 1st round in this draft. 

Dude has become overrated. 

2 hours ago, choon328 said:

I've been saying this for a while. The top 5 Centers will all be gone by the end of Round 2. Mostly bc almost all of them have position flexibility so teams who have a need at Guard will look at them as well. The Jets need, at the latest, a mid 2nd round pick if they want one of those guys.

Maybe Ed Oliver can play Center. 

10 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Whatever Dude...ignore me.

I will say however that in the past 9 yrs, the NYJ have had 26 picks in the first 3 rds of the NFL draft...and the picks on the Offensive side of the ball in those yrs totaled exactly 9 picks ..or 1/3, including only ONE 1st rd pick on O which was last year.  9 of the 10 1st round picks we have had in the past 9 yrs were on D.

Let's definitely keep it up, we're bound to succeed eventually.

That’s pathetic.  Defense is my favorite side of the ball, every one of my heroes are defensive players....but not at the expense of offensive playmakers.  Their purpose (defense) is to give the ball back to the offense so they can score points and win games- a dynamic offense with a well coached Oline you keep building on year after year.  

Balance is a beautiful thing on that field, how can you value the QB position yet do nothing for years to help any of them succeed?  

• Upvote 1

all this talk about 3-4 and 4-3, for most teams the nickel is the base and whoever they draft with the 3rd overall pick will have his hand in the dirt on 3rd and long, regardless of scheme 

put it another way this pick at 3 should be scheme diverse, so good the defensive coordinator makes a look just for him 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, bitonti said:

all this talk about 3-4 and 4-3, for most teams the nickel is the base and whoever they draft with the 3rd overall pick will have his hand in the dirt on 3rd and long, regardless of scheme 

put it another way this pick at 3 should be scheme diverse, so good the defensive coordinator makes a look just for him 

Absolutely......should thrive in any scheme.

13 hours ago, RobR said:

Don't ever compare the two. Nkemdiche had bust written all over him before he was drafted. He was a 5 star recruit that was a total dog with no motor, and he said he coasted and took plays off in college. 

Didn't he get high and fall out a 2nd story window before the Sugar Bowl? 

13 hours ago, RobR said:

Oliver has always been better and I've been saying it for THREE YEARS. I hope when you said  "You all" I wasn't whom you had in mind. Oliver is a generational talent, everyone else in this draft isn't. It's the only reason I'm pining for a defensive player in the first round.

Yeah, I sure wasn't pounding the drum for Williams all this time.  the NFL.com blurb on him compares him to Michael Dean Perry and my first thought was that it was insulting.  To put that in perspective, Michael Dean Perry was a 6 time pro-bowl, 2-time all-pro that McDonalds named a burger after. 

2 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

we did not hear much about Oliver until the Scouting Combine - usually not a good measure of success

You must not listen very hard.  I think any credible mock that didn't have Oliver in the top 10 for the past couple of years only did so thinking he wouldn't be in that year's draft class. The only things he did at the combine were lift and jump.  Maybe you heard he did great in the interviews?  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, bitonti said:

Exactly. 

This has been true for years

23 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

Please...he plays in the AAC.  Here's Houston's list of opponents from last year:

9/1/2018Rice

9/8/2018Arizona

9/15/2018Texas Tech

9/22/2018Texas Southern

10/4/2018Tulsa

10/13/2018ECU

10/20/2018Navy

10/27/2018USF

11/3/2018SMU

11/10/2018Temple

11/15/2018Tulane

11/23/2018Memphis

Lockheed Martin Armed Forces Bowl

12/22/2018Army

Oliver may be good...but it's no sure thing.

Who cares where a player played at, or what conference they played in.    If you can play, you can play.    See Pj Hall the DT the Raiders took out of Sam Houston State with their second round pick.  

It took him a 1/4 of the season to get up to speed to the competition but second half he was the best DT against the run.    M Hurst put up the better Stats than Hall, but the reason was teams were double teaming  him ( so fast and powerful) that left M Hurst single blocked.  

Pj Hall game is Geno Atkins 6'1 310 4.73 forty, bench Press 36  Vj 38' .    

Point being you can play at big college where you were a superstar, and bust in the Nfl too.    You have the athletic ability to compete it really doesn't matter where you played.

On 4/17/2019 at 7:25 PM, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

We?

LOL - I guess it was just me not paying much attention to the top DL's in this draft, did not want the Jets to draft another DL after taking 4 in the last 8 years with minimal success but looks like that's what they are going to do, seemed like Oliver to the Jets got hot all of a sudden but thank for pointing out that it could be a good pick,  happy to be wrong if he has been forecast as high pick the entire time

Also thanks to section314 and #27dom for providing more detail