All Jets fans do is complain

Jetster

We have the 3rd pick in the draft, we have 2 third round picks. We have Sam Darnold, we have an all pro safety who happens to love football, we signed LE'VEON BELL, one if not the best all around backs in the league, we signed a stud LB in Mosley, a slot WR in Crowder (underrated signing), Quincy will be back, Bells backup is Ty Montgomery, we signed a beast at LG in OK, we have a very good young TE in Herndon, Shell will be healthy & he's better than Jet fans give him credit for, if Maye stays healthy him & Adams are a top safety duo, we have our 1st offensive head coach with head coaching experience, we have a DC with head coaching experience, we have a proven Oline coach in Pollack, we have new uniforms that didn't turn out to be abominations like many here predicted. 

But when you come here and read these threads it's just negative, negative, negative. I'm looking forward to a great draft, plus we still have almost 26 million so we're not done filling holes and most importantly I'm looking forward to a great season. Sam has quiet leadership skills. Jamal has loud leadership skills, Greg Williams has even louder leadership skills, Gase is putting together skill players that can take advantage of these new defensive rules by spreading teams out & forcing them to cover the entire field. Bowles brought zero expectations here, this new coaching staff & player additions bring with them high expectations. No one will be late for meetings. 

Reminds me of 1997. Sam, Gase, G.Williams bring a hierarchy these players can follow, any success should snowball and what this team has been missing for years is true confidence. False bravado has been a Jet staple for years. Pregame speeches meant nothing after they got punched in the face. This team truly has leaders at every level. Sure we have holes, but most teams do. If Sam develops the sky is the limit, once a team believes in their QB good things happen, just that little bit of extra effort puts teams over the top. I expect a 60 minute, tough azz team in 2019 that has enough weapons on offense & defense to succeed. I think we'll see a few Sam Darnold off script wow plays that propel this team toward a playoff berth. I think Darnolds the real deal, my god, 21 years old starting in the NFL! He hasn't even hit full maturity physically, he's got room to get stronger & every game he plays he seems to get better. Full offseason, full camp, every 1st team rep, with an experienced offensive coach. A coach who made Ryan Tannyhill look good when he was healthy! 

Jet fans....enjoy the ride. This is going to be a fun ride & it starts with the 2019 draft. If we were picking 10th, there would be threads stating, I wish we were picking 3rd, that's the sweet spot, lol. Bosa, Allen, Q.Williams, Oliver or a trade back. Jets are sitting pretty.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, Jetster said:

We have the 3rd pick in the draft, we have 2 third round picks. We have Sam Darnold, we have an all pro safety who happens to love football, we signed LE'VEON BELL, one if not the best all around backs in the league, we signed a stud LB in Mosley, a slot WR in Crowder (underrated signing), Quincy will be back, Bells backup is Ty Montgomery, we signed a beast at LG in OK, we have a very good young TE in Herndon, Shell will be healthy & he's better than Jet fans give him credit for, if Maye stays healthy him & Adams are a top safety duo, we have our 1st offensive head coach with head coaching experience, we have a DC with head coaching experience, we have a proven Oline coach in Pollack, we have new uniforms that didn't turn out to be abominations like many here predicted. 

But when you come here and read these threads it's just negative, negative, negative. I'm looking forward to a great draft, plus we still have almost 26 million so we're not done filling holes and most importantly I'm looking forward to a great season. Sam has quiet leadership skills. Jamal has loud leadership skills, Greg Williams has even louder leadership skills, Gase is putting together skill players that can take advantage of these new defensive rules by spreading teams out & forcing them to cover the entire field. Bowles brought zero expectations here, this new coaching staff & player additions bring with them high expectations. No one will be late for meetings. 

Reminds me of 1997. Sam, Gase, G.Williams bring a hierarchy these players can follow, any success should snowball and what this team has been missing for years is true confidence. False bravado has been a Jet staple for years. Pregame speeches meant nothing after they got punched in the face. This team truly has leaders at every level. Sure we have holes, but most teams do. If Sam develops the sky is the limit, once a team believes in their QB good things happen, just that little bit of extra effort puts teams over the top. I expect a 60 minute, tough azz team in 2019 that has enough weapons on offense & defense to succeed. I think we'll see a few Sam Darnold off script wow plays that propel this team toward a playoff berth. I think Darnolds the real deal, my god, 21 years old starting in the NFL! He hasn't even hit full maturity physically, he's got room to get stronger & every game he plays he seems to get better. Full offseason, full camp, every 1st team rep, with an experienced offensive coach. A coach who made Ryan Tannyhill look good when he was healthy! 

Jet fans....enjoy the ride. This is going to be a fun ride & it starts with the 2019 draft. If we were picking 10th, there would be threads stating, I wish we were picking 3rd, that's the sweet spot, lol. Bosa, Allen, Q.Williams, Oliver or a trade back. Jets are sitting pretty.

Yes talk is all well and good. Until we see it on the field and the GM gets his head out his arse draftwise this is what you will get. We've won the off-season so many times and fizzled out in the regular season too many times. All those things you said are positives no doubt, but unless we see it on the field it's just bullsh*t.

5 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

How do you feel about the uniforms?

Completely fine. Homage to the past keeping the football, I like the New York across the chest, I like the metallic green helmet, I've always loved the JETS block letters. They are simple which is fine with me. Not overdone which was my fear. The logo says JETS FOOTBALL. Can't get anymore simpler than that.

I'll think they'll look dynamite on TV.

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Yes talk is all well and good. Until we see it on the field and the GM gets his head out his arse draftwise this is what you will get. We've won the off-season so many times and fizzled out in the regular season too many times. All those things you said are positives no doubt, but unless we see it on the field it's just bullsh*t.

When did we have a QB & an experienced offensive head coach?

We still aren’t sure about Darnold - he had a very impressive last 4 games of the season - and a lot to build on. I’m confident he’s the answer - but I want to see it.

The experienced offensive coach spent the last 3 tests putting up the 24th, 25th and 31st ranked offenses.

Certainly a lot here to optimistic about, but still an awful lot of questions.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

24:25:31

This is the result of 50 years of pain and anguish. But yes, this season is definitely the start if a new and seemingly bright future.

I think a lot of fans expect every hole on the team will be magically upgraded in the draft with a trade down. While I think it makes sense to trade down (especially if it nets us an extra 1st in 2020), we should only do so if we still would be in position to draft a player of a premium position (edge, lt, cb) the team grades high. 

We shouldn’t be passing up on Bosa or Allen to drop somewhere in the draft where the crop are graded as just ok. We certainly shouldn’t be doing it to draft a center in the 2nd who is graded only a bit higher than one we could land in the 3rd.

Our window opens this year and goes through 2021. Clocks ticking, but can’t hemorrhage premium posirion quality for just one extra decent starter. Trade down has to make sense. 

13 minutes ago, Jetster said:

When did we have a QB & an experienced offensive head coach?

Once again until we see it on the field it is bullsh*t and speculation. I'm not saying it's bad to be optimistic but too many times this team and it's management have built up the hype and then crapped the bed when it's crunch time. Just sayin'.

31 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Can you blame us though? After all we’ve witnessed with this team people are going to be pessimistic. When the Jets start winning fans will stop complaining. 

True. The irony is that Jets fans are so beaten down that getting to 10-6 and a wild card berth is enough to make even the curmudgeons euphoric. We're still at the "just be relevant in December" stage. I can only hope that somewhere in the future we will actually be disappointed if we're only 10-6...

7 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

14 wins in 3 seasons.  Rejoice, Jets fans.

Exactly.  14-34 over 3 seasons.  8 years with no playoffs.

I love this team.  I will root for them to win this season.  Just like I do every year.  I hope everything works out the way the OP laid it out, but I need to see it on the field in Sept and October before I completely buy in to the 2019 Jets.  I need to see Darnold take the next step.  I need to see Bell pick up where he left off 2 seasons ago in Pitt.  I need to see the defense come together under Williams.  Hope it all happens, but I need to see it to believe.

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Stopped reading at the bold.  Mac is still here.  Lipstick on the hog does not change the fact that is still a hog.  Mac will $%^& this draft up just like the others, it is what he does.

16 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Stopped reading at the bold.  Mac is still here.  Lipstick on the hog does not change the fact that is still a hog.  Mac will $%^& this draft up just like the others, it is what he does.

Yes but at 2am your too drunk to care. 

Archived