ESPN Proposed Trades For All Teams

3. New York Jets

Jets get: 1-14, 3-79, 2020 first-round pick, DE Vic Beasley Jr.
Falcons get: 1-3, 4-105, 2020 conditional pick

The Falcons badly need to add an impact pass-rusher. They also need to conserve cap space as they attempt to extend Grady Jarrett and Julio Jones this offseason, which makes Beasley's $12.8 million fifth-year option unappealing. We know the Falcons have gone all-in for a potential superstar in the past when they traded a future first-round pick to move up from No. 27 to No. 6 in 2011 to draft Jones. That move worked out, and if the Falcons see a similarly impressive star in Nick Bosa or Josh Allen, it's not crazy to think that they would make the same sort of move to grab the edge rusher their defense desperately needs.

It's a tougher sell for the Jets, who also need an edge rusher after Anthony Barr left them at the altar in free agency. In a deep class, though, they would still have a great shot at adding someone like Rashan Gary or Brian Burns with the 14th pick, so if they don't see whoever is left at No. 3 as a star, moving down would make sense. This franchise badly needs extra picks after trading three second-rounders as part of the Sam Darnold trade.

They also take a flier on Beasley, who led the NFL with 15.5 sacks in his second season, but has just 14 sacks combined in his other three campaigns. The conditional pick here gives the Falcons a fifth-rounder in 2020 if Beasley hits six sacks and a third-rounder if he makes it to 10 sacks.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Bengals get: WR Robby Anderson, ILB Darron Lee, 1-3
Jets get: WR A.J. Green, 1-11, 4-110

I'd like to believe the Bengals will eventually come to terms with their star receiver as Green enters the final year of the four-year, $60 million extension he signed in September of 2015. After Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown were traded this offseason, though, it seems naive to rule out anything. If the Bengals don't think they're a Super Bowl team with their current core -- and it's hard to argue that they are -- this would be a chance to reshape their roster with one trade.

This trade only makes sense if Kyler Murray is still on the board at No. 3, which would position the Bengals to come away with their quarterback of the future to develop under new Bengals coach Zac Taylor. Losing Green would obviously cost Murray his would-be top receiver, but the Bengals would still have a young wideout core with both a track record of production and future upside in Anderson and Tyler Boyd, both of whom are 25 or younger. They would also get an inside linebacker in Lee, a former first-round pick who doesn't have a spot in the Jets' starting lineup after the C.J. Mosley signing but showed promise last season.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

3. New York Jets

Jets get: 1-14, 3-79, 2020 first-round pick, DE Vic Beasley Jr.
Falcons get: 1-3, 4-105, 2020 conditional pick

The Falcons badly need to add an impact pass-rusher. They also need to conserve cap space as they attempt to extend Grady Jarrett and Julio Jones this offseason, which makes Beasley's $12.8 million fifth-year option unappealing. We know the Falcons have gone all-in for a potential superstar in the past when they traded a future first-round pick to move up from No. 27 to No. 6 in 2011 to draft Jones. That move worked out, and if the Falcons see a similarly impressive star in Nick Bosa or Josh Allen, it's not crazy to think that they would make the same sort of move to grab the edge rusher their defense desperately needs.

It's a tougher sell for the Jets, who also need an edge rusher after Anthony Barr left them at the altar in free agency. In a deep class, though, they would still have a great shot at adding someone like Rashan Gary or Brian Burns with the 14th pick, so if they don't see whoever is left at No. 3 as a star, moving down would make sense. This franchise badly needs extra picks after trading three second-rounders as part of the Sam Darnold trade.

They also take a flier on Beasley, who led the NFL with 15.5 sacks in his second season, but has just 14 sacks combined in his other three campaigns. The conditional pick here gives the Falcons a fifth-rounder in 2020 if Beasley hits six sacks and a third-rounder if he makes it to 10 sacks.

Yet we do not gain any extra picks with this scenario.  Do people even think before they type?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

Vic Beasley is a terrible Football player.  Terrible.  

You are taking a flyer on him, but getting an extra 3rd AND a first next year to move down 11 spots

Bengals one is interesting, but also might need a BIT more from them since they are getting two 'starters'.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

11. Cincinnati Bengals

I'd like to believe the Bengals will eventually come to terms with their star receiver as Green enters the final year of the four-year, $60 million extension he signed in September of 2015. After Odell Beckham Jr. and Antonio Brown were traded this offseason, though, it seems naive to rule out anything. If the Bengals don't think they're a Super Bowl team with their current core -- and it's hard to argue that they are -- this would be a chance to reshape their roster with one trade.

This trade only makes sense if Kyler Murray is still on the board at No. 3, which would position the Bengals to come away with their quarterback of the future to develop under new Bengals coach Zac Taylor. Losing Green would obviously cost Murray his would-be top receiver, but the Bengals would still have a young wideout core with both a track record of production and future upside in Anderson and Tyler Boyd, both of whom are 25 or younger. They would also get an inside linebacker in Lee, a former first-round pick who doesn't have a spot in the Jets' starting lineup after the C.J. Mosley signing but showed promise last season.

Not sure how I feel about this. I'd love Green in addition to Robby. Not sure how I feel about swapping the two

5 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

You are taking a flyer on him, but getting an extra 3rd AND a first next year to move down 11 spots

Bengals one is interesting, but also might need a BIT more from them since they are getting two 'starters'.

That's true...pretty good value when you include next years 1st.

Dont like the AJ Green trade scenario, not enough value in return for 2 starters.  Also dont love the idea of trading Anderson a young WR coming into his prime for an older WR that is having a hard time staying healthy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

58 minutes ago, CanadaSteve said:

I wouldn't do the Bengals one.  I like Anderson and would rather just pick a #1 WR next year in the draft.  AJ Green's contract is gonna be tough to add to all of the others. We need to have a less expensive tier of of quality players. Can't have all big name expensive guys. 

The Falcons trade is interesting, but still slim. Beasley is not very good. Potential is still there I suppose, but I don't like him very much. Their 1st, 2nd, beasley and next years first would be better. 

1 hour ago, CanadaSteve said:

So, we get better picks, but you are complaining that there are not MORE of them?  GOT IT.

Any trade the Jets make involving the #3 pick needs to include a 2nd round pick this year bc of the needs of the team and the depth in the 2nd round. Without that, a trade shouldn't be made.

Beasley is irrelevant in this trade bc he's on his last year of his deal, expensive and hasn't been productive in years. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Untouchable said:

Giants get: #3 overall

Jets get: #6 and #17 overall

That’s the only trade I’m interested in. Otherwise, stick and pick Bosa/Allen.

Montez Sweat

Garrett Bradbury

Sounds good to me!  Come back in Round 3 for any combination of CB, WR, OT, fat NT!

2 hours ago, ElBarrioJets said:

They get a 3rd rounder and a 2020 1st rounder in this scenario. Do you read before you type?

and we're giving them a 4th and a conditional in 2020 that could be a 5th or a 3rd depending on sacks.

The number of picks are then a wash.

Are they better picks?  Absolutely, but if someone is saying we need to accumulate more picks,  with that logic we aren't gaining quantity, but hopefully quality.

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Dont like the AJ Green trade scenario, not enough value in return for 2 starters.  Also dont love the idea of trading Anderson a young WR coming into his prime for an older WR that is having a hard time staying healthy. 

I think the Bengal trade, while interesting, would have to include another starter (OL), or it would have to include more picks.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

I like it too, but I am afraid that won't happen.

IF it did, I would look at Montez Sweat at 6, and then depending on how the board looks, trade down from 17.  You might STILL be able to get one of the top centers in the late part of round one, and regain a 2nd round pick as well.

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

You wouldn't take the Giants 6th, second and third this year? I definitely would

I might....that's an early 2nd and could still land a Center there.  Probably missing out on Bradbury but could have a choice between Jenkins and McCoy.....plus that early 3rd you mentioned.  The more I think about it the more I like it.

Edge - Montez Sweat,  C - Elgton Jenkins + 3 Picks in Round 3 would be a very, very nice opportunity to improve this team.  CB, WR, OT in that 3rd would appear to be a home run type of Draft (on paper).

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Vic Beasley is on the downside, or he would have been extended.

I have been a proponent of this trade for months now.  I dont want to drop any further and Green is a beast.  Big red zone threat, great route runner, tough to take down.  Dalton is the only reason he is a notch below AB, OBJ, Hopkins and Julio.  Trade for him, extend him and you have great skill position guys around Darnold.  Anderson & Lee are gone after this year anyway.  Might be able to get the tackle out of Alabama at 11.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

I would want next yrs 1 or 2 in the Bengals deal, since Green is no guarantee to sign an extension.  Rebuilding year for them, in a stacked division, so they probably expecting to draft in top 5-10, which makes next yrs 2 acceptable.

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

That has as much of a chance at happening as Woody's daughter rising from the grave to play left tackle.

• Thumb Down 2

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I might....that's an early 2nd and could still land a Center there.  Probably missing out on Bradbury but could have a choice between Jenkins and McCoy.....plus that early 3rd you mentioned.  The more I think about it the more I like it.

Edge - Montez Sweat,  C - Elgton Jenkins + 3 Picks in Round 3 would be a very, very nice opportunity to improve this team.  CB, WR, OT in that 3rd would appear to be a home run type of Draft (on paper).

I definitely think we're going to trade down but my expectations are that whatever we receive in return may be a little underwhelming because of the lack of Elite quarterbacks in this draft. However I really don't see any defensive player at 3 we can take that's better than having high picks. Smart move is to trade down and take the best we can get

2 hours ago, JiF said:

Anderson is a headache.  If the team thought anything of him, they would have extended him.  Enunwa & Crowder are the future, with a stud # 1.  Can get Green to fill that spot, or roll the dice in next year's draft.

• Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I wouldn't do the Bengals one.  I like Anderson and would rather just pick a #1 WR next year in the draft.  AJ Green's contract is gonna be tough to add to all of the others. We need to have a less expensive tier of of quality players. Can't have all big name expensive guys. 

The Falcons trade is interesting, but still slim. Beasley is not very good. Potential is still there I suppose, but I don't like him very much. Their 1st, 2nd, beasley and next years first would be better. 

According to spotrac, Jets are still 30mill under the cap.  Ditching Lee & Anderson gives em another $6mill this year.  Next year they have $43 mill in cap space, w/ no one they need to resign, especially not Leonard Williams.

17 minutes ago, DirtyJersey said:

Anderson is a headache.  If the team thought anything of him, they would have extended him.  Enunwa & Crowder are the future, with a stud # 1.  Can get Green to fill that spot, or roll the dice in next year's draft.

Describe to me the headaches that Anderson has created for the New York Jets. 

8 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Lol no way in hell im doing this. AJ Green in a contract year for 2 players on rookie deals 1 of with is a productive WR, and then the #3 pick for #11?! You must be outta your damn mind lol. I’d want AJ #11,next years 1 and a 2 this year to move down to 11 and I’d add one of our 3rds this year.