Bart Scott's Bill Belicheck hate is now personal

joewilly12

Bart Scott’s Bill Belichick hate is now personal: ‘Rude motherf–ker’

April 17, 2019 | 10:42am | Updated 

Enlarge Image
Bart Scott and Bill Belichick
Bart Scott and Bill BelichickAP; Getty Images

Somehow, Bart Scott’s disdain for the Patriots and Bill Belichick grew after he retired.

The longtime NFL linebacker and Belichick rival — both with the Ravens from 2002-09 and Jets from 2009-12 — has faced the same barriers post-football that virtually all NFL media have encountered when dealing with famously secretive New England. But for Scott, it feels personal.

“We’re on the sideline, it’s the AFC Championship,” the CBS and WFAN voice said recently on Bleacher Report’s “The Lefkoe Show,” appearing to be referring to the 2015 Patriots-Colts game. “Me, [Bill] Cowher and Tony [Gonzalez] chopping it up. This is me and Tony’s first AFC Championship. It’s cool, it’s loud, it’s AFC Championship.

“[Belichick] walks up, shakes Tony’s hand, speaks to Tony. Speaks to Bill. I’m literally standing — we almost shoulder to shoulder. He says absolutely nothing to me, don’t even look at me. At this point I’m like, bro, now you’ve been an a$$hole. It’s fine you’ve been an a$$hole over there, but you came over to us, a group of us. Tony kind of gave that look like, ‘Don’t do that.’ I was about to say, ‘You rude, motherf–ker.'”

Belichick would have reason to be wary of Scott, whose “can’t wait!” following the Jets’ 2011 divisional-round victory over the Patriots is still legendary.

It went beyond simple ignored hellos, though. Even stepping foot in the Patriots building proved difficult for Scott, who became a consultant with Morgan Stanley after he retired to help guide NFL players’ finances.

So many teams opened the doors for him to advise their players. But not all of them.

“The Patriots wouldn’t let me come,” said the 38-year-old. “I got information to help your team, and Bill will never let you in the building. Really, word? We still got beef?

“What the f–k does he think I’m gonna do? Take reconnaissance with the Jets? I don’t play for them no more either.”

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Did anyone else notice this article was written by Mark Sanchez?

Mark Sanchez is a senior journalism and English double major at the University of Maryland. Hailing from New Jersey, Mark is honing his journalism skills with an internship at USA Weekend, a national weekend newspaper magazine distributed to more than 47 million readers every weekend, as well as serving as assistant managing editor at the official independent newspaper of the University of Maryland, The Diamondback.

headshot1.jpg?w=538

In the past, he has interned at The West Orange Chronicle, a weekly town newspaper, The Picatinny Voice, the bi-weekly newspaper of the military base Picatinny Arsenal, Turtle Sports Report, the Scout.com page of The University of Maryland, in addition to previously serving as a copy editor for The Diamondback.

When he is not breaking news or correcting an AP Style error, Mark loves sports. While he played basketball, lacrosse and ran cross country in high school, Mark is mostly relegated to the sidelines these days. A fan of New York sports – the Jets, Yankees and Knicks – Mark can be found cheering on his favorite teams, especially Maryland’s collegiate squads. Though, cheering for the University of Maryland’s football team can be challenging at times.

You can contact Mark at MSanchez@terpmail.umd.edu, and you can follow his live insights and witty commentaries at his Twitter page, @TheMarkWSanchez.

26 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Mark Sanchez is a senior journalism and English double major at the University of Maryland. Hailing from New Jersey, Mark is honing his journalism skills with an internship at USA Weekend, a national weekend newspaper magazine distributed to more than 47 million readers every weekend, as well as serving as assistant managing editor at the official independent newspaper of the University of Maryland, The Diamondback.

headshot1.jpg?w=538

In the past, he has interned at The West Orange Chronicle, a weekly town newspaper, The Picatinny Voice, the bi-weekly newspaper of the military base Picatinny Arsenal, Turtle Sports Report, the Scout.com page of The University of Maryland, in addition to previously serving as a copy editor for The Diamondback.

When he is not breaking news or correcting an AP Style error, Mark loves sports. While he played basketball, lacrosse and ran cross country in high school, Mark is mostly relegated to the sidelines these days. A fan of New York sports – the Jets, Yankees and Knicks – Mark can be found cheering on his favorite teams, especially Maryland’s collegiate squads. Though, cheering for the University of Maryland’s football team can be challenging at times.

You can contact Mark at MSanchez@terpmail.umd.edu, and you can follow his live insights and witty commentaries at his Twitter page, @TheMarkWSanchez.

This can has a case if he decides to sue his parents ?‍♂️?

3 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Bellichick is a GREAT HC, no doubt...

But.......

He is an odd odd human being.... Period!!!

I think he holds long grudges. He abhors the Jets (I wish I knew why) and I think he still holds the "can't wait" rant against Bart Scott.

41 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

I think he holds long grudges. He abhors the Jets (I wish I knew why) and I think he still holds the "can't wait" rant against Bart Scott.

The Jets only have him a million dollar bonus to stay for 1999 even though no one wanted him to be their HC so obviously that was insulting.

I just wish he never won the lottery with Brady or he wouldn't be so smug today as a defensive coordinator.

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ha ha @ no one wwanted him..when the jets clearly did and the pats took him..that's two teams right there.

Except we didn't want him.  He was desperate and we needed a HC to hold the fort one season while Big Big served his one year as "consultant"

13 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

because the Jets hired him and turned him into a hypocriteand a deserter.  That hung on him for awhile until he actually started playing Brady.  Then the wins came and people brushed the past off.

13 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets only have him a million dollar bonus to stay for 1999 even though no one wanted him to be their HC so obviously that was insulting.

I just wish he never won the lottery with Brady or he wouldn't be so smug today as a defensive coordinator.

he is a good coach.  They still won mainly with defense Brady's first few years.  The difference was that Brady was not Bledsoe, who was basically a loser for all his talent.  But he is a bigger jerk than he is a good coach--that is for sure.  And he likes being a jerk

14 minutes ago, jack48 said:

because the Jets hired him and turned him into a hypocriteand a deserter.  That hung on him for awhile until he actually started playing Brady.  Then the wins came and people brushed the past off.

This is directly related to Scott jumping into the stands after winning the divisional round in 2010. Since then, the Jets have won zero playoff games and the Patriots have been to 5 Super Bowls. 

22 hours ago, Matt39 said:

This is directly related to Scott jumping into the stands after winning the divisional round in 2010. Since then, the Jets have won zero playoff games and the Patriots have been to 5 Super Bowls. 

So Bill is a petulant child, then?  His team danced on the midfield strilpe in San Diego when they won an AFC title

55 minutes ago, jack48 said:

he is a good coach.  They still won mainly with defense Brady's first few years.  The difference was that Brady was not Bledsoe, who was basically a loser for all his talent.  But he is a bigger jerk than he is a good coach--that is for sure.  And he likes being a jerk

I don't think there is a more brilliant football mind than BB but without Brady he's been a mediocre at best HC.  The only year they won with D was Brady's first year and while the D played great most of that postseason they did become the first D ever to blow a double digit fourth qtr lead in no a SB when they blew a 14 pt lead vs SL before Brady and the O rescued them.

3 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Ha ha yea the jets didnt want him(sarcasm).. as they spent 19 years without a good coach

Coming off his run in Cleveland, being blasted in the press by Modell, yeah no one wanted him.  Fans called in all night to WFAN about how stupid the Jets were for hiring him

He wasn't the Belichick we know now back then.  He was a joke

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Coming off his run in Cleveland, being blasted in the press by Modell, yeah no one wanted him.  Fans called in all night to WFAN about how stupid the Jets were for hiring him

It's hard for people to remember his perception back then but when he left no one was upset, people were shocked but fans and the media thought this was for the best.  Then when he led NE to 5 wins year one it solidified that opinion, unfortunately after starting 0-2 the following year a certain QB came in and then he became " the greatest HC in pro football history".  I'm not trying to say he's not great but you can't be the greatest when you could only win with the best QB of all time.

5 hours ago, nyjunc said:

I don't think there is a more brilliant football mind than BB but without Brady he's been a mediocre at best HC.  The only year they won with D was Brady's first year and while the D played great most of that postseason they did become the first D ever to blow a double digit fourth qtr lead in no a SB when they blew a 14 pt lead vs SL before Brady and the O rescued them.

I disagree. They beat P. Manning with their defense primarily as well.

1 hour ago, jack48 said:

I disagree. They beat P. Manning with their defense primarily as well.

Peyton was one of the legendary chokers in the history of this game.  A mediocre Jets D once shut him out in the playoffs.

Remember, not only did they blow a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in SB 36(become the first to ever blow a double digit 4th qtr lead in the SB) but they blew a double digit lead in SB 38 just 2 years later.

In their 3 SB losses the D blew 2 late leads against a mediocre QB/offense in SBs 42 & 46 then allowed 41 pts to a mediocre QB 2 yrs ago.  This past SB the D played great start to finish against an undermanned Rams O but that was the first SB they played great throughout.

Without Brady NE doesn't have a single SB and BB is a DC.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Everybody and their grandmother knows about his time in Cleveland we get it, stop beating a dead horse..... a younger BB wasn't good..get over it...people in their professions get better. Coaches get fired and rehired all over the NFL.  

You have nothing else against him.....so bring up Cleveland; Anyone with half of brain understands his time in Cleveland ....and as I said before look at all those great Cleveland browns coaches that proved it could be done in Cleveland after BB left...

The day he left the jets organization...the jets wanted him point blank. Right after Parcells, the jets were ready to make him their head coach...they weren't thinking about Cleveland and the Pats wanted him...so again that is two NFL  head coaching jobs up for grabs for this horrible coach who coached in Cleveland. 

5 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

After Cleveland, he rejoined the staff of everyone's favorite, Parcells, in New England.  The Pats had just come off a 6-10 4th place finish.  They went to the Super Bowl.  He then came to the Jets where they made the AFC Championship before Tubby's ego wouldn't let the little maniac have control.  Whatever joke he may have been in 1995, no longer existed at the end of the 1999 season.

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's hard for people to remember his perception back then but when he left no one was upset, people were shocked but fans and the media thought this was for the best.  Then when he led NE to 5 wins year one it solidified that opinion, unfortunately after starting 0-2 the following year a certain QB came in and then he became " the greatest HC in pro football history".  I'm not trying to say he's not great but you can't be the greatest when you could only win with the best QB of all time.

The only reason that people thought it was the best was because of his lousy press conference and napkin.  He seemed unstable and we thought we'd dodged a bullet.  We didn't. 

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Peyton was one of the legendary chokers in the history of this game.  A mediocre Jets D once shut him out in the playoffs.

Remember, not only did they blow a 14 pt 4th qtr lead in SB 36(become the first to ever blow a double digit 4th qtr lead in the SB) but they blew a double digit lead in SB 38 just 2 years later.

In their 3 SB losses the D blew 2 late leads against a mediocre QB/offense in SBs 42 & 46 then allowed 41 pts to a mediocre QB 2 yrs ago.  This past SB the D played great start to finish against an undermanned Rams O but that was the first SB they played great throughout.

Without Brady NE doesn't have a single SB and BB is a DC.

if you are talking about the shutout he was very young.  theother time was a year after he came back from 14 down in the second half and smoked them.  I think the Pats intimidated and confused him.  Not because he was a choker.  BB did that.  Just like he stopped Martz's Greatest Show on Turf.  When it comes to defense, giv ehim a few players and he paints masterpieces.

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Everybody and their grandmother knows about his time in Cleveland we get it, stop beating a dead horse..... a younger BB wasn't good..get over it...people in their professions get better. Coaches get fired and rehired all over the NFL.  

You have nothing else against him.....so bring up Cleveland; Anyone with half of brain understands his time in Cleveland ....and as I said before look at all those great Cleveland browns coaches that proved it could be done in Cleveland after BB left...

The day he left the jets organization...the jets wanted him point blank. Right after Parcells, the jets were ready to make him their head coach...they weren't thinking about Cleveland and the Pats wanted him...so again that is two NFL  head coaching jobs up for grabs for this horrible coach who coached in Cleveland. 

Youre wrong and have no idea what youre talking about. 

Dont know how old you are but obviously you either werent around or werent paying attention/ 

When you write this, its obvious youre lost, dont understand Cleveland and what was said after Cleveland.  Guess that half of the brain is AWOL

Anyone with half of brain understands his time in Cleveland .

Archived