Bart Scott's Bill Belicheck hate is now personal

46 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

After Cleveland, he rejoined the staff of everyone's favorite, Parcells, in New England.  The Pats had just come off a 6-10 4th place finish.  They went to the Super Bowl.  He then came to the Jets where they made the AFC Championship before Tubby's ego wouldn't let the little maniac have control.  Whatever joke he may have been in 1995, no longer existed at the end of the 1999 season.

The only reason that people thought it was the best was because of his lousy press conference and napkin.  He seemed unstable and we thought we'd dodged a bullet.  We didn't. 

So you think he was why they made the SB?  Not just a next step for a young, up and coming team with a young qb.  I assume he was why bledsoe went from 13 TDs and 16 INTs to 27 & 15.  He also must have made sure Denver got upset in the divisional round.  Man he's good ?

People thought it was for the best because of that rambling press conference AND his awful job in Cleveland where he had losing seasons 4 of 5 years.

46 minutes ago, jack48 said:

if you are talking about the shutout he was very young.  theother time was a year after he came back from 14 down in the second half and smoked them.  I think the Pats intimidated and confused him.  Not because he was a choker.  BB did that.  Just like he stopped Martz's Greatest Show on Turf.  When it comes to defense, giv ehim a few players and he paints masterpieces.

The year we shut him out was his 5th season, Brady had 3 SB wins by his 5th season.

His D's have mostly been disappointments in postseason.  Did you know that the much maligned colts D's with Peyton allowed less PPG in postseason than the supposed great Ds of NE under BB?

BB is brilliant but he's been lucky to have the greatest defensive player of all time as a DC and the greatest QB of all time as a HC.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

After Cleveland, he rejoined the staff of everyone's favorite, Parcells, in New England.  The Pats had just come off a 6-10 4th place finish.  They went to the Super Bowl.  He then came to the Jets where they made the AFC Championship before Tubby's ego wouldn't let the little maniac have control.  Whatever joke he may have been in 1995, no longer existed at the end of the 1999 season.

The only reason that people thought it was the best was because of his lousy press conference and napkin.  He seemed unstable and we thought we'd dodged a bullet.  We didn't. 

Sorry, he was a joke and people on the air were critical of the jets for hiring him as their HC.  He was part of the NE staff for only a short spell, working with Groh, hardly did anything to repair his image, one that Modell was loudly blasting at every turn.  Dont know what the thinking was by 1999 but he was named the HC at the beginning of 1997, after being fired the end of 95. 

Given whats played out its all kind of meaningless today

26 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

So you think he was why they made the SB?  Not just a next step for a young, up and coming team with a young qb.  I assume he was why bledsoe went from 13 TDs and 16 INTs to 27 & 15.  He also must have made sure Denver got upset in the divisional round.  Man he's good ?

People thought it was for the best because of that rambling press conference AND his awful job in Cleveland where he had losing seasons 4 of 5 years.

Next step?  They were coming off a 6-10 season and hadn't won a playoff game since before they were embarrassed by Buddy Ryan a decade earlier.  Parcells had been there for 3 seasons before Little Bill got there and his record was 21-27.  The Super Bowl was natural progression to be sure.

16 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Sorry, he was a joke and people on the air were critical of the jets for hiring him as their HC.  He was part of the NE staff for only a short spell, working with Groh, hardly did anything to repair his image, one that Modell was loudly blasting at every turn.  Dont know what the thinking was by 1999 but he was named the HC at the beginning of 1997, after being fired the end of 95. 

Given whats played out its all kind of meaningless today

OOooooh, people called the FAN and complained!  When a team follows the press and ******* sports radio they are doomed.  Yet the Jets do it and we are supposed to absolve them of any blame? 

He was with New England for one year.  The only year they won the division.  The only year they won a playoff game.  He was named coach in 1997 as a pretext to having that fat **** back out of his contract with the Pats, but he was supposed to take over for the 2000 season after the fat **** retired, but we all know Big Bill's ego wouldn't let him leave.  In 1997 there may have still been some Brown taint to Belichick, but the Pats going to the super bowl and the Jets making the AFC championship washed that away.   The Jets D was in the top 10 all 3 years he was here.  That doesn't change perception about him?  

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

Next step?  They were coming off a 6-10 season and hadn't won a playoff game since before they were embarrassed by Buddy Ryan a decade earlier.  Parcells had been there for 3 seasons before Little Bill got there and his record was 21-27.  The Super Bowl was natural progression to be sure.

They won 10 games in 1994 and made the playoffs, they were very young.  Often young teams take a step back before going forward.  Parcells took over the worst franchise in sports at the time.  Not only were they awful on the field but a disgrace off it(remember the Lisa Olsen controversy?) and were on the verge of moving.  He had them moving in the right direction year 1, a playoff team year 2 then they took a step back year 3.

10 wins in 94, 11 in 96.  Is that a huge difference?  There was one big time team in the AFC and that team was upset in div Rd so an 11 win NE team hosted a conf title game against a 9 win 2nd yr expansion team.  That's why they made the SB.  How did the D do against GB?  Why didn't we make a SB is BB was the difference maker? ( I seen to recall his D blowing a 10 2nd half lead in the title game)

21-27 was better than 9-39, right?  That was their record the 3 yrs before Parcells.

3 years before BB in Cleveland? 2 playoff apps, 1 conf title be app.  First 3 yrs in Cleveland?  3 losing seasons.

Previous 2 yrs in NE before BB? 17-15, 1 playoff app.  First 18 games without Brady? 5-13

1 minute ago, #27TheDominator said:

OOooooh, people called the FAN and complained!  When a team follows the press and ******* sports radio they are doomed.  Yet the Jets do it and we are supposed to absolve them of any blame? 

He was with New England for one year.  The only year they won the division.  The only year they won a playoff game.  He was named coach in 1997 as a pretext to having that fat **** back out of his contract with the Pats, but he was supposed to take over for the 2000 season after the fat **** retired, but we all know Big Bill's ego wouldn't let him leave.  In 1997 there may have still been some Brown taint to Belichick, but the Pats going to the super bowl and the Jets making the AFC championship washed that away.   The Jets D was in the top 10 all 3 years he was here.  That doesn't change perception about him?  

BB was not the HC for NE 96 or NYJ 98, he wasn't even the NE DC so how did that change the perception of him as a HC?

The Jets D's were ranked 24, 7 and 21 his 3 years here and his D blew a 10 pt lead week 17 of 1997 in a win and in game, blew a 10 pt second half lead in the AFC championship game then with still a chance to do something allowed 41 pts to a mediocre Giants O to effectively end any hope in 1999.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

The year we shut him out was his 5th season, Brady had 3 SB wins by his 5th season.

His D's have mostly been disappointments in postseason.  Did you know that the much maligned colts D's with Peyton allowed less PPG in postseason than the supposed great Ds of NE under BB?

BB is brilliant but he's been lucky to have the greatest defensive player of all time as a DC and the greatest QB of all time as a HC.  

Think BB could shut down Brady?

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

It's hard for people to remember his perception back then but when he left no one was upset, people were shocked but fans and the media thought this was for the best.  Then when he led NE to 5 wins year one it solidified that opinion, unfortunately after starting 0-2 the following year a certain QB came in and then he became " the greatest HC in pro football history".  I'm not trying to say he's not great but you can't be the greatest when you could only win with the best QB of all time.

The most ironic thing was it was the NYJ Mo Lewis who nearly killed Bledsoe (with one of the most brutal hits I've seen in football) that led to Brady....who knows, maybe he wanted Brady to start, but Bledsoe was a big ticket item then and the change would have been pretty controversial.

4 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Youre wrong and have no idea what youre talking about. 

Dont know how old you are but obviously you either werent around or werent paying attention/ 

When you write this, its obvious youre lost, dont understand Cleveland and what was said after Cleveland.  Guess that half of the brain is AWOL

Right..just because YOU said it..then i have to be wrong.

8 minutes ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Right..just because YOU said it..then i have to be wrong.

No you're wrong because it happened that way.  It's a simple thing.  That you aren't up on and then want to call people stupid.  Ok

2 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

The most ironic thing was it was the NYJ Mo Lewis who nearly killed Bledsoe (with one of the most brutal hits I've seen in football) that led to Brady....who knows, maybe he wanted Brady to start, but Bledsoe was a big ticket item then and the change would have been pretty controversial.

The myth was it was mo Lewis that help Brady play. But  it wasnt. It was Bledsoe poor play against the jets all game long.

Cause Bledsoe played after the mo Lewis hit..he got benched for Brady a couple of series after n the Pats told the sideline reporter Bledsoe's benching had nothing to do with the hit..

1 hour ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Yup..once again because YOU said it..its true..

N please point me out where I called someone stupid?

Other things I've said that are true, the world is round, sky is blue and you're wrong here. 

The myth was it was mo Lewis that help Brady play. But  it wasnt. It was Bledsoe poor play against the jets all game long.

Cause Bledsoe played after the mo Lewis hit..he got benched for Brady a couple of series after n the Pats told the sideline reporter Bledsoe's benching had nothing to do with the hit..

Bledsoe went to the hospital with a collapsed lung.  He almost died. 

Yeah nothing to do with Brady playing.  A myth

12 hours ago, greenwave81 said:

People forget the heat on BB at the time, his job was entering the hot seat phase.  I do believe because of that he would have went to Brady eventually but it would have been too late to save the 2001 season and the dynasty would have been delayed.

9 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

Bledsoe did come back but they realized he couldn't move and thus put Brady in for the final possession.  Bledsoe would have continued to start in the short term but I vividly remember watching Brady on that last drive and seeing the team finally move the ball.  I think if they had a minute more he leads them to a TD that day and the game goes to OT.  Something looked different when he stepped on the field and unfortunately we'd get to see that guy for another almost 20 years.  I'm looking forward to his retirement

10 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Bledsoe went to the hospital with a collapsed lung.  He almost died. 

Yeah nothing to do with Brady playing.  A myth

i don't know why I am doing this because it's like talking to a little kid

If you get toward the end of the video..you will see that Bledsoe is still playing after the hit, you will also see Bonnie Bernstein rely the message that Bledsoe was taken out of the game because of his play and not because of his injury per the pats. Yes he was taken to the hospital but that was AFTER the game and the seriousness of the injury was noticed. Not during the game.

I know what I am doing here is new to you...but see... i made a statement and followed it up with a thing called facts. So now you can ramble on....

2 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Bledsoe did come back but they realized he couldn't move and thus put Brady in for the final possession.  Bledsoe would have continued to start in the short term but I vividly remember watching Brady on that last drive and seeing the team finally move the ball.  I think if they had a minute more he leads them to a TD that day and the game goes to OT.  Something looked different when he stepped on the field and unfortunately we'd get to see that guy for another almost 20 years.  I'm looking forward to his retirement

see the video posted. Bonnie Bernstein explains why Bledsoe was taken out...and i agree the minute Brady came in the ball started moving.....it was a pretty uneventful game as a whole.

i don't know why I am doing this because it's like talking to a little kid

If you get toward the end of the video..you will see that Bledsoe is still playing after the hit, you will also see Bonnie Bernstein rely the message that Bledsoe was taken out of the game because of his play and not because of his injury per the pats. Yes he was taken to the hospital but that was AFTER the game and the seriousness of the injury was noticed. Not during the game.

I know what I am doing here is new to you...but see... i made a statement and followed it up with a thing called facts. So now you can ramble on....

He went to the hospital and almost died. He was wiped out by the hit, tried to keep playing, couldn't.  One series and it was apparent.  I was watching, you're watching videos. 

You haven't won an argument yet.  You were wrong before and wine now.  He went to the hospital, had a collapsed lung. you don't know your team. 

Played in the playoffs too later on, so? 

None of your nonsense says Bledsoe was being benched anyway.  Why does this bother you, that your HC didn't know what he had or that Brady wasn't Brady yet?

For you

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/09/22/drew-bledsoe-hit-tom-brady-mo-lewis-jets

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

see the video posted. Bonnie Bernstein explains why Bledsoe was taken out...and i agree the minute Brady came in the ball started moving.....it was a pretty uneventful game as a whole.

Bonnie was a sideline reporter, do you think BB was giving out accurate info to a sideline reporter?

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

What are u taking about..exactly? who is arguing that he wasn't injuried? I'm just gonna chalk this up as you are trying to f w me..cause nobody could be this clueless. Mind numbing.

You're already beyond numb. You have proved that you have no idea about Belichicks history.  Now your proving that you don't know Pats history.  Just that you can't see past the Jets saving your HC and team.

Maybe if you were a football fan or not watching the Giants you would have a better idea of the history behind your team.  and not making BS up about Bledsoe being benched.  That f'd up and giving the Jets credit for contributing too saving Belichicks career.

33 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You're already beyond numb. You have proved that you have no idea about Belichicks history.  Now your portioning that you don't know Pats history.  Just that you can't see past the Jets saving your HC and team.

Maybe if you were a football fan or not watching the Giants you would have a better idea of the history behind your team.  and not making BS up about Bledsoe being benched.  That f'd up and giving the Jets credit for contributing too saving Belichicks career.

So you're not inviting me over for Easter dinner?