Adam Gase: Jets Have Tools,Players,Game Plan to Dethrone Patriots in AFC East

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

2010 NY Jets beat Patriots in NE Playoffs. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DjCANMvs-Y

That was it right there. Pats were reeling after consecutive years of playoff failure and Jets were ascending.

Then Rex failed to get the team prepared to face the Steelers the following week.  The fortunes of both teams changed after that.  Pats regained their mojo, even with the SB loss the following year, and the Jets started a downward spiral.

If the Jets had beaten the Steelers in the AFCCG, history over the last decade would have been completely different IMO.

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

I think your position is clear so you probably don't need to hammer it home much more.  Most of us like to read what coaches and players say--it gives us something to talk about or to complain about.

My intention isnt to hammer it home, it's that alot of people had something to say about my initial post, so it seems like im hammering it home. 

If I didnt get so many responses, I wouldnt have repeated myself so many times. 

I like to read what players and coaches are saying as well. Example. What I dont like are the story's such as Robert Kraft and the prostitutes. So you know what I do? I dont comment in those threads. I comment in the threads I find interest in. Disagreeing with a position or having an alternative point of view doesnt mean that I lack interest. 

Like you said, it gives us something to talk or complain about. 

Im complaining. 

Are you a Jet fan or Brown fan?

Im a Jets and a Baker Mayfield fan. The Jets are my favorite team, Baker Mayfield is my favorite player, Mike Glennon is a living legend. Though I have to say that the Browns played some really exciting football last year and I did enjoy watching the team play last year. 

I do tend to watch more than just my team though. I like players of other teams and I like watching them play. Im a fan of football the sport. 

I was Suck for Sam for 2 years plus years but if he went to the Browns I would have been all over Baker--watched pretty  much every game he played at OK and I think he's a hell of a player.

I wasnt a suck for Sam guy. I thought he was living off of that Rose Bowl game and then regressed the following year. I thought that he was a good player, but I had my reservations given that he was a QB coming from USC. 

I've followed Baker since 2015 and watched Oklahoma games back then the way I watch Browns games today. 

He plays exciting football. With that said though, I did come around on Sam after the draft, though not too much, but Sam convinced me that maybe he's more than just a USC QB with his play during the 2nd half of the season. During that first half he showed flashes, but everyone does at this level. But during the 2nd half it looked to me that Sam started to become the QB that we will need him to be. I hope im right. 

I'm a Jet fan first, but an NFL fan second and I like watching good football and good players--especially some of these really good you QBs.

He's going to be fun to watch.

Im a football fan first, Jets fan 2nd. I like watching good football and football players as well, which is probably why players who I thought were really elite that I enjoyed watching never were Jets players. I really loved to watch Peyton play back when we were all in the same division. I used to think that he was the best QB I'd ever seen. Then I seen Brees in his prime. I just love the sport, the Jets happens to be the team that I gravitated to, probably because my family were either Giants or Steelers fans and my friends growing up were Cowboys fans. 

It's easy to root for teams that are winning. That's not being a fan though. I became a Jets fan not because I was really exposed to them, but because folks talked down about them every year. But it was a game that I happen to see the highlights for that upsetted me so much that I just ended up gravitating to the Jets because I just wanted to see them win. 

The Dan Marino Fake Spike play. I remember all of the bad talk from Giants fans, but this particular play I felt was just so disrespectful that I slowly began following the Jets because I just wanted to see them beat the Giants in the preseason, and beat the Dolphins in the regular season. 

My love of football came from playing in the street. My love of the Jets was me wanting to see them win and shut up the naysayers. 

• Sympathy 1

not for nothing but why wouldn't this team's goal be to win the division?  and since the patsies have dominated since 2000 why wouldn't they be the team they need to beat?  maybe they're not quite there, talent wise but a little luck and some good coaching and play calling can work wonders.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

My intention isnt to hammer it home, it's that alot of people had something to say about my initial post, so it seems like im hammering it home. 

If I didnt get so many responses, I wouldnt have repeated myself so many times. 

I like to read what players and coaches are saying as well. Example. What I dont like are the story's such as Robert Kraft and the prostitutes. So you know what I do? I dont comment in those threads. I comment in the threads I find interest in. Disagreeing with a position or having an alternative point of view doesnt mean that I lack interest. 

Like you said, it gives us something to talk or complain about. 

Im complaining. 

Im a Jets and a Baker Mayfield fan. The Jets are my favorite team, Baker Mayfield is my favorite player, Mike Glennon is a legend. Though I have to say that the Browns played some really exciting football last year and I did enjoy watching the team play last year. 

I do tend to watch more than my team though. I like players of other teams and I like watching them play. Im a fan of football the sport. 

I wasnt a suck for Sam guy. I thought he was living off of that Rose Bowl game and then regressed the following year. I thought that he was a good player, but I had my reservations given that he was a QB coming from USC. 

I've followed Baker since 2015 and watched Oklahoma games back then the way I watch Browns games today. 

He plays exciting football. With that said though, I did come around on Sam after the draft, though not too much, but Sam convinced me that maybe he's more than just a USC QB with his play during the 2nd half of the season. During that first half he showed flashes, but everyone does at this level. But during the 2nd half it looked to me that Sam started to become the QB that we will need him to be. I hope im right. 

Im a football fan first, Jets fan 2nd. I like watching good football and football players as well, which is probably why players who I thought were really elite that I enjoyed watching never were Jets players. I really loved to watch Peyton play back when we were all in the same division. I used to think that he was the best QB I'd ever seen. Then I seen Brees in his prime. I just love the sport, the Jets happens to be the team that I gravitated to, probably because my family were either Giants or Steelers fans and my friends growing up were Cowboys fans. 

It's easy to root for teams that are winning. That's not being fan though. I became a Jets fan not because I was really exposed to them, but because folks talked down about them every year. But it was a game that I happen to see the highlights for that upsetted me so much that I just ended up gravitating to the Jets because I just wanted to see them win. 

The Dan Marino Fake Spike play. I remember all of the bad talk from Giants fans, but this particular play I felt was just so disrespectful that I slowly began following the Jets because I just wanted to see them beat the Giants in the preseason, and beat the Dolphins in the regular season. 

My love of football came from playing in the street. My love of the Jets was me wanting to see them win and shut up the naysayers. 

no need to make any excuses for watching other teams.  mayfield is fun to watch as is mahommes.  wilson is pretty good too.  brady?  it's not fun because usually the jets are on the wrong end and why the f**k can't they put a body on gronk or edelman or hogan or whoever?

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I like to read what players and coaches are saying as well. Example. What I dont like are the story's such as Robert Kraft and the prostitutes. So you know what I do? I dont comment in those threads.

9 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I wasnt a suck for Sam guy.

Did anyone else see the contradiction?  :)

14 minutes ago, HelenOfTroy said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t he say it before the Texans game?  Because I read JJ Watt mocking Baker’s statement about “feeling dangerous” after they beat the Browns 29-13, and threw for 3 interceptions.  Sometimes it’s better to just not talk.

You have to admit, Sam gave that Texans D all they could handle.

Actually it was a couple weeks before during the Browns/ Falcons post game conference. Baker mentioned it during that presser. However, JJ Watt mentioned that comment weeks later during his press conference after the Texans win saying that "Mayfield wasnt feeling dangerous in that first half", which was true. But then praised Mayfield for his recovery in the 2nd half. 

Sam played great against the Texans. I was actually more impressed with Jeremy Bates in that game. I thought that the Texans game was his best game of the season as an offensive play caller for the Jets. Dude actually looked like a competent OC putting Sam in position to move the ball and keep things on schedule. 

1 hour ago, UntouchableCrew said:

This isn't Rex boasting to the media. It's basically just Mosley talking about  Gase's plan for the future...

New coach sets sights on winning his division. Jets fans: WHAT A LOT OF HOT AIR!

Total non story.

God forbid we offend the mighty pats....Gase (unlike Rex) never said a damn thing in public...

FB_IMG_1555538613468.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

That’s ridiculous.
If we beat them with or without Brady we have dethroned them.

Sure going through Brady would be nice (preferred) but I could not care less if he retires next year and that paves the way for our championship.

Between you and me though... I’d love to come out and sweep them this year and/or knock them out of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Lets just try to knock them out of a 1st round bye and home field the next week, that is why they get to the Super Bowl all the time...

• Haha 1

This is good. As the saying goes, “if you aim at nothing, you’ll hit it with amazing accuracy “ 

Having a reachable goal year after year, is paramount to building a winner. 

Beating the Pats this year should lead us to a  winning the division ... it’s not an unattainable goal like winning the super bowl in 2019. So good for Gase in setting the stage for an feasible yet very difficult goal.

now put your head down and go to work.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

That’s ridiculous.
If we beat them with or without Brady we have dethroned them.

Sure going through Brady would be nice (preferred) but I could not care less if he retires next year and that paves the way for our championship.

Between you and me though... I’d love to come out and sweep them this year and/or knock them out of the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Correction there greenie.. Brady/bb will go down as by far the most successful HC/qb in history. 6 rings ! Over how many yrs ? And Jets zero!  We did not de-thrown the best team ever,  we simply. Waited for their time to end.. not be a moron homer. Just embrace it what it is. Would you rather have had darnold have half his prime yrs going up against bb and Brady in their prime ? Me personally, I love how when darnold Just begins to enter his prime, yr 3, old man Brady will either be retired or should be 

5 hours ago, slats said:

Not for nothing, but this is Mosley relating what Gase told him, personally, presumably while recruiting him to the Jets, not Gase mouthing off to reporters. Two remarkably different things. 

Also, I liked the way that crappy fish team beat the cheats on maybe the most exciting play of 2018. 

I think everyone comprehends this but him sadly. That’s crazy the coach told a player he was recruiting his goal is to win though!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, SMC said:

That was it right there. Pats were reeling after consecutive years of playoff failure and Jets were ascending.

Then Rex failed to get the team prepared to face the Steelers the following week.  The fortunes of both teams changed after that.  Pats regained their mojo, even with the SB loss the following year, and the Jets started a downward spiral.

If the Jets had beaten the Steelers in the AFCCG, history over the last decade would have been completely different IMO.

We were the biggest underdog both years ? Somehow Rex got the team to back to back afccg. That 2010 was one of best, minus their almost record undefeated. They killed us 47-3, few weeks later we somehow beat them in playoffs. Rex had to put up with one of worst qbs in nfl.. only if we had Brett farve in 09, we win supebowl most likely

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Correction there greenie.. Brady/bb will go down as by far the most successful HC/qb in history. 6 rings ! Over how many yrs ? And Jets zero!  We did not de-thrown the best team ever,  we simply. Waited for their time to end.. not be a moron homer. Just embrace it what it is. Would you rather have had darnold have half his prime yrs going up against bb and Brady in their prime ? Me personally, I love how when darnold Just begins to enter his prime, yr 3, old man Brady will either be retired or should be 

lol  Dude, who cares?  A championship is a championship.  Only one can have it at a time. I could not care less who we beat to get it should that miracle happen. 

10 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

1000x better than this POS HC Todd Bowles  who did and said nothing positive here for 4 years. 

Image result for todd bowles gifs

Hell yes give me some more Adam Gase positive attitude and winning comments. 

Rumor is he is still somewhere watching tape, waiting to comment until he is finished 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol  Dude, who cares?  A championship is a championship.  Only one can have it at a time. I could not care less who we beat to get it should that miracle happen. 

Agreed. It is incredibly hard to win a championship. I could care less about winning the division like some, however grabbing the top 2 seeds to achieve the first round buy, and homefield is a HUGE advantage for making a run. Believe that is why the 09/10 teams ran out of gas in the afccg s. I think getting through Cleveland and kc next few yrs will be more of a challenge than the pats

30 minutes ago, Doggin94it said:

I love these stories. What the hell do people expect a coach to say? We're hoping to finish a respectable second some distance behind the Patriots?

No, but more on the lines of building up the jets, and doing everything necessary to compete and overachieve.

I dont see BB talking about the Jets or any other team. Why does Gase or Mosley have to talk about a team we rarely beat? 

All it does it makes Belichick remember what was said, then he goes out to the game and makes us remember what was done.

Stuff like this, even though is was 2nd hand through a player, reminds me of the same old stuff around these parts. If this was in NE Belichick would have shut this down and we'd be talking about how BB checked Mosley for his comments. 

22 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

No, but more on the lines of building up the jets, and doing everything necessary to compete and overachieve.

I dont see BB talking about the Jets or any other team. Why does Gase or Mosley have to talk about a team we rarely beat? 

All it does it makes Belichick remember what was said, then he goes out to the game and makes us remember what was done.

Stuff like this, even though is was 2nd hand through a player, reminds me of the same old stuff around these parts. If this was in NE Belichick would have shut this down and we'd be talking about how BB checked Mosley for his comments. 

Belichick does not support your argument at all. He's won and he still doesn't talk. 

Are you trying to say he and the Pats are a model of virtue?  

What has Mayfield won? Following your argument Sanchez should be the one talking to Baker.

The Browns all should keep their mouths shut except to talk about each and every one of their Super Bowl victories. 

Seems to me that you just don't like the Jets and whatever they do or don't do annoys you.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Belichick does not support your argument at all. He's won and he still doesn't talk. 

Are you trying to say he and the Pats are a model of virtue?  

What has Mayfield won? Following your argument Sanchez should be the one talking to Baker.

The Browns all should keep their mouths shut except to talk about each and every one of their Super Bowl victories. 

Seems to me that you just don't like the Jets and whatever they do or don't do annoys you.

He does. He wins, which is my point. How he goes about expressing himself when winning is how he goes about winning, but if he were to talk there would be no one here to say "how about less talking and more winning".

The off topic part of your comment is irrelevant to the Jets and the fact that the talking doesnt put wins in the win column.