Jets Game By Game Predictions

I understand how people love doing some of these things but I find it utterly ridiculous to go game by game and try to predict a record.  So much can happen before and during the season (which is still 4 months away).

Raise your hand if you had the Jets beating Andrew Luck last year and losing twice to Miami!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

even tho they don't travel far, some of these matchups are downright nasty 

vs the Giants that's going to be a war 

vs Cowboys there's going to be more away fans than home 

AT Philly, the franchise has literally never won, 0-9 i believe 

AT Baltimore is tough as heck probably the loudest home crowd on the east coast 

at Jaguars could be easy could be a buzzsaw, depending if the defense can stop the run 

vs Pitt - see Cowboys game in terms of away fans 

basically with the Pats 2x the Jets have to sweep the other divisional games vs BUF and MIA to get above 8 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, peebag said:

With the current roster sans draft/FA signings, if we finish 8-8 that's a positive in my book.

they won 4 games last year, winning 4 more would be a huge accomplishment

Just now, deucebag said:

I'll stand firm at my predicted record of 11-5, one game behind the Pats.

ok so just to be clear this is a 7 win improvement from last season 

that's unlikely. It happens, but it's unlikely. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, bitonti said:

at Jaguars could be easy could be a buzzsaw, depending if the defense can stop the run 

basically with the Pats 2x the Jets have to sweep the other divisional games vs BUF and MIA to get above 8 

Nah, we are a different team. Previous results have no relation to what to expect from the Jets this year. It is impossible to predict really. We likely have one of the highest ranges of victories in the NFL because of the MASSIVE change over last year (timid defensive head coach with a truly awful "yes man" staff to an aggressive offensive head coach with an intense skilled coaching staff with like 5 former or potential head coach guys)

Could be a solid playoff team could be a bonfire of conflict and disfunction.

Draft is critical, really. 

The AFC North and NFC East are very bad match ups.

I predict that the Jets will be much more competitive and that the games will be close, but with this schedule they will be under .500.

That thankfully will get Mac fired, and the new GM will be able to use a top 16 draft pick to build the team up for 2020.  With another big FA, 2020 is the year the Jets reappear in the playoffs.

1 Sun, Sep 8 Buffalo - WIN 
2 Mon, Sep 16 Cleveland - WIN
3 Sun, Sep 22 at New England - LOSS 
4 *BYE
5 Sun, Oct 6 at Philadelphia - LOSS 
6 Sun, Oct 13 Dallas - LOSS
7 Mon, Oct 21 New England - LOSS
8 Sun, Oct 27 at Jacksonville - WIN 
9 Sun, Nov 3 at Miami - WIN
10 Sun, Nov 10 NY Giants _ WIN 
11 Sun, Nov 17 at Washington - WIN 
12 Sun, Nov 24 Oakland - WIN
13 Sun, Dec 1 at Cincinnati - WIN 
14 Sun, Dec 8 Miami - WIN  
15 Thu, Dec 12 at Baltimore - LOSS
16 Sun, Dec 22 Pittsburgh - LOSS
17 Sun, Dec 29 at Buffalo - WIN

10-6 with a wildcard playoff berth

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

1 Sun, Sep 8 Buffalo - WIN 
2 Mon, Sep 16 Cleveland - WIN
3 Sun, Sep 22 at New England - LOSS 
4 *BYE
5 Sun, Oct 6 at Philadelphia - LOSS 
6 Sun, Oct 13 Dallas - LOSS
7 Mon, Oct 21 New England - LOSS
8 Sun, Oct 27 at Jacksonville - WIN 
9 Sun, Nov 3 at Miami - WIN
10 Sun, Nov 10 NY Giants _ WIN 
11 Sun, Nov 17 at Washington - WIN 
12 Sun, Nov 24 Oakland - WIN
13 Sun, Dec 1 at Cincinnati - WIN 
14 Sun, Dec 8 Miami - WIN  
15 Thu, Dec 12 at Baltimore - LOSS
16 Sun, Dec 22 Pittsburgh - LOSS
17 Sun, Dec 29 at Buffalo - WIN

10-6 with a wildcard playoff berth

at Buffalo in December with the season on the line sounds... cold 

this is a good effort I question if they really do go 4-2 in the division (or better)

at Buffalo in December with the season on the line sounds... cold 
this is a good effort I question if they really do go 4-2 in the division (or better)

The Bills and Dolphins are inferior teams and if Darnold and the Jets are truly going to take a leap forward, they have to beat up on the inferior teams. With any luck, maybe then can even steal one of the Patriots games. Assuming Mac doesn’t completely mess up the draft, I feel really good about this team this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, hylandator25 said:

http://bigdogsbetting.com/2019/04/18/new-york-jets-game-by-game-predictions/

I wrote out some of my predictions for the year. What do you guys think the Jets will finish, Vegas has the O/U set at 7.

14-2 with 7 combined point deficit in the losses, one of which is because we're sitting our starters week 17. Sounds legit.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I just clicked on the link and saw that guy had the Jets beating the Cowboys 52-10. Having them winning is fine but that score is just hilarious. 

Yes, Demarcus Lawrence (PB), Jaylon Smith, Byron Jones(PB) and Vander Esch(PB) might have something to say about that!

Not to mention Smith, Elliott, Martin and Dak!

Jets had Adams, Myers and Roberts..... 2 of whom are gone.

This will be a tough game but we can win it!

PB = Pro Bowl.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

Yes, some of this is true, but you are not allowing for any victories for the highlighted games you have above for your predicted 8 wins... Just because they are difficult doesn't mean automatic loss. 

Sweeping Miami should be nearly a given at this point... they should also have relatively easier games in Bengals, Raiders, Redskins. This is 5 victories without even getting into the other games... Say they split Bills and Lose both to the Pats... (I think they split the Pats games but for arguments sake). 

That's 6 wins - Giants aren't good and may have a rookie QB... Cowboys, Browns, Ravens, Giants are all 50/50 type games... So say they win half of them... 

That's 8 wins...  Between the Eagles, Jags, Pitt... Say they lose them all which I don't think they will you finish with 8 easy... 

The Jets have the 2nd easiest schedule based on projected wins... This should lead them in a situation similar to 2015, where they will appear to be better then they play because of the opponents they face.  The only difference here is that I believe they have an even better team then 2015. There is a lot variables but there is a major upgrade at QB and top skill player (Darnold > Fitz, Bell > Marshall).  Will that translate to wins... I don't know, but the table is set for a very surprising season. Let's hope they take advantage of the opportunity.

8-8 would be a disappointment.... I expect nothing less then 10-6 this year... 

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

8-8 this year and happy as long as Darnold is the real deal...

1 hour ago, varjet said:

The AFC North and NFC East are very bad match ups.

I predict that the Jets will be much more competitive and that the games will be close, but with this schedule they will be under .500.

That thankfully will get Mac fired, and the new GM will be able to use a top 16 draft pick to build the team up for 2020.  With another big FA, 2020 is the year the Jets reappear in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

they won 4 games last year, winning 4 more would be a huge accomplishment

ok so just to be clear this is a 7 win improvement from last season 

that's unlikely. It happens, but it's unlikely. 

You guys are looking at this through those tainted SOJF lenses.... I understand, I have been beaten down enough by this team, why should we expect more... IMO, 8-8 is a failure.... This is 2006 Saints... Easy schedule... new hope at QB and Joe Vitt in the coaching tree.... I kid, I kid... but this settling for mediocre and hoping for the next season is a joke... The Jets only have 4 more years of Darnold on a rookie deal.... They need to make the move to the top, now.... 

• Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, jgb said:

Wouldn’t want to be your Wife come December 

Why does everyone think this is a difficult schedule... Based on projected wins, the Jets have the second easiest schedule in the NFL to the Pats.... 8-8 is weak and means they had a terrible year... 

Bengals, Raiders, Washington, and Miami are terrible teams... Dalton is bad with no replacement, Carr regressed and AB will help but they are still a few years away from competing, Washington doesn't have a QB, Miami doesn't have a QB...

That's 5 wins...

Giants lost their best player (or 2nd Best) but Eli is not going to be able to win them games when the whole NFL is going to stack 8-9 people against the run an Barkley...

You are telling me they can't win 4 out of Bills (2), Pitt, Jags, Ravens, Pats (2), Browns, Eagles, Cowboys? Come on... You can't be that sour on the team. 

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

8-8 would be a disappointment.... I expect nothing less then 10-6 this year... 

that's fine but I think those are high expectations for a team picking 3rd

the giants won't have a rookie QB btw and At Ravens is not 50/50. 

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Why does everyone think this is a difficult schedule... Based on projected wins, the Jets have the second easiest schedule in the NFL to the Pats.... 8-8 is weak and means they had a terrible year... 

Bengals, Raiders, Washington, and Miami are terrible teams... Dalton is bad with no replacement, Carr regressed and AB will help but they are still a few years away from competing, Washington doesn't have a QB, Miami doesn't have a QB...

That's 5 wins...

Giants lost their best player (or 2nd Best) but Eli is not going to be able to win them games when the whole NFL is going to stack 8-9 people against the run an Barkley...

You are telling me they can't win 4 out of Bills (2), Pitt, Jags, Ravens, Pats (2), Browns, Eagles, Cowboys? Come on... You can't be that sour on the team. 

Lmao keep predicting your better than the Raiders.    The Raiders already upgraded  their roster bigtime from last year. They have four picks in the first 35 picks.

While the  Jets have one pick( going to get pretty good player at three) but won't be picking till the third round.  Raiders have the chance to get four starters to your one.

Lets see what both teams roster look like after draft, undrafted Fa's, and late player cuts.       

Maybe you should take it one game at a time. Just remember how was last year predictions of how the season would turn out.

• Thumb Down 1