Jets Game By Game Predictions

6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I don’t think you get how significant a 50 point victory is. The best teams every year usually don’t win a single game by 50 let alone the JETS. What an unrealistic expectation. If you’re joking please just say it. 

"Just because something usually doesn't happen doesn't mean it can't." - Edgar Allen Poe

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Bills and Dolphins are inferior teams and if Darnold and the Jets are truly going to take a leap forward, they have to beat up on the inferior teams. With any luck, maybe then can even steal one of the Patriots games. Assuming Mac doesn’t completely mess up the draft, I feel really good about this team this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do know the BILLS and JETS split last season with the BILLS blowing out the JETS in the 1st game and the only reason the JETS won the 2nd was because of the poor BILLS specials teams ( Thanks for letting us get Andre Roberts) and a miracle Sam Darnold drive (congrads) If you think L. Bell behind a line with no center and over paying for CJ Mosley turns the JETS and getting Crowder turns the JETS into world beaters then the Jets fans are just bad as the ones I work with.

1 minute ago, Mastenpark said:

You do know the BILLS and JETS split last season with the BILLS blowing out the JETS in the 1st game and the only reason the JETS won the 2nd was because of the poor BILLS specials teams ( Thanks for letting us get Andre Roberts) and a miracle Sam Darnold drive (congrads) If you think L. Bell behind a line with no center and over paying for CJ Mosley turns the JETS and getting Crowder turns the JETS into world beaters then the Jets fans are just bad as the ones I work with.

The Jets and bills are on a similar level with both well ahead if Miami.  We should split with Buffalo and sweep Miami.

As far as last year, if you think the first game was indicative of the teams going forward I don't know what to tell you.  

1 minute ago, Mastenpark said:

The prizes for last year have already been given out. 

This is a new year.  New players.  New coaches.  New attitude, and most importantly, a 2nd year QB who is getting better.  The Jets are a better team than the Dolphins and the Bills going into 2019.  If you don't think so, so be it.  I do, and I expect them to win all 4 games this year.  

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Lmao keep predicting your better than the Raiders.    The Raiders already upgraded  their roster bigtime from last year. They have four picks in the first 35 picks.

While the  Jets have one pick( going to get pretty good player at three) but won't be picking till the third round.  Raiders have the chance to get four starters to your one.

Lets see what both teams roster look like after draft, undrafted Fa's, and late player cuts.       

Maybe you should take it one game at a time. Just remember how was last year predictions of how the season would turn out.

Predicting that rookies are going to all come in and make your team better in year 1 is a fallacy that has lots of data to back up...  Could they be better, sure... but they still have Carr who looks lost... and besides AB where did the Raiders improve exactly? They don't have their leading rusher from last year, infact they have the trainwreck that was the Jets Back-up as a starter right now... They lost their best Guard... they added Marshall and Joyner to a terrible defense and you think they are going to be significantly better??? Who's the real fool...

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, jgb said:

Not everyone. Some of us think that the team is still not good.

Are they better then last years team? On paper of course....

Is a Bag of Chips going to coach better then Bowles.... debatable...

Is Gase better then a bag of chips... I would say so...

Is Williams a better coach then Rodgers, I would say yes...

Is Bell better then Crowell-Powell?

Is adding Crowder better then Peake?

Is Mosley better then Lee?

Is Osmele better then Carpenter?

Not saying they are world beaters but come on now.... Name one area (besides kicker and returner) that the Jets got worse.... they basically have the same team as last year except they added the top players in FA at positions all over the team and front office.

Again, add this to a schedule that is amongst the easiest in the NFL (on Paper)... Why would they not be significantly better? 8-8 is unacceptable... its a failure on so many levels... Can it happen, of course... I wouldn't put money on them going under 7 wins like vegas though.

• Thumb Down 1

The AFC East is hard to predict. The Jets notoriously split with the Bills and Fish no matter how good or bad either team is. Hell the Jets could easily be 1-6 with that schedule. I'm not saying they will be but it could happen. I have them right around 7-8 wins. That would be an improvement and not unrealistic. To say they will be 11-5 is beyond wishful thinking and completely dreaming IMO. Could they do it? If the draft completely goes their way and Macc makes all the right moves(just saying it goes against all reason when you think about it) maybe but reality has a way of crashing in. 7-9 or 8-8 will be the litmus test. 9-7 if they sweep Miami. I could see Fatpatrick pulling one out against them though. Hey getting to .500 would not be a bad thing and you have to walk before you can run. The Jets will be better but having unrealistic expectations will only give you agita down the line. Especially with this franchise.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

Are they better then last years team? On paper of course....

Is a Bag of Chips going to coach better then Bowles.... debatable...

Is Gase better then a bag of chips... I would say so...

Is Williams a better coach then Rodgers, I would say yes...

Is Bell better then Crowell-Powell?

Is adding Crowder better then Peake?

Is Mosley better then Lee?

Is Osmele better then Carpenter?

Not saying they are world beaters but come on now.... Name one area (besides kicker and returner) that the Jets got worse.... they basically have the same team as last year except they added the top players in FA at positions all over the team and front office.

Again, add this to a schedule that is amongst the easiest in the NFL (on Paper)... Why would they not be significantly better? 8-8 is unacceptable... its a failure on so many levels... Can it happen, of course... I wouldn't put money on them going under 7 wins like vegas though.

All good man. Stay optimistic. We need more than just jaded sour ass Jets fans like me!

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

The Jets and bills are on a similar level with both well ahead if Miami.  We should split with Buffalo and sweep Miami.

As far as last year, if you think the first game was indicative of the teams going forward I don't know what to tell you.  

Whats up NYJUNC. I know you dont remember me but Im "Protocal69" from Buffalorange.com . Good to see you bro!

With that being said I agree with you 100%. Because of the high draft picks over the last couple of year I feel that ya rebuild is probability slightly better than ours right now. It all will all boil down to the QB with I like Darnold better in the short term but Allen in the long term.

Just like I feel like the JETS are not going to be push over I just want to the JETS fanbase to know that we arent a gimme on schedule. It should be a battle and I really feel our week 17 game might be for a playoff spot

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

The prizes for last year have already been given out. 

This is a new year.  New players.  New coaches.  New attitude, and most importantly, a 2nd year QB who is getting better.  The Jets are a better team than the Dolphins and the Bills going into 2019.  If you don't think so, so be it.  I do, and I expect them to win all 4 games this year.  

What makes you think the JETS are that much better than the BILLS to expect the SWEEP please explain.

11 hours ago, ChuckkieB said:

1 Sun, Sep 8 Buffalo - WIN 
2 Mon, Sep 16 Cleveland - WIN
3 Sun, Sep 22 at New England - LOSS 
4 *BYE
5 Sun, Oct 6 at Philadelphia - LOSS 
6 Sun, Oct 13 Dallas - LOSS
7 Mon, Oct 21 New England - LOSS
8 Sun, Oct 27 at Jacksonville - WIN 
9 Sun, Nov 3 at Miami - WIN
10 Sun, Nov 10 NY Giants _ WIN 
11 Sun, Nov 17 at Washington - WIN 
12 Sun, Nov 24 Oakland - WIN
13 Sun, Dec 1 at Cincinnati - WIN 
14 Sun, Dec 8 Miami - WIN  
15 Thu, Dec 12 at Baltimore - LOSS
16 Sun, Dec 22 Pittsburgh - LOSS
17 Sun, Dec 29 at Buffalo - WIN

10-6 with a wildcard playoff berth

Close to my take but I think we can split with Pats. Those 6 losses are from quality teams and on the upside, I don’t see us getting blown out and being in every game. The 10 wins are all very winnable games and it would be disappointing if we didn’t sweep the Bills and Fins. Return of The Jedi Jets!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Whats up NYJUNC. I know you dont remember me but Im "Protocal69" from Buffalorange.com . Good to see you bro!

With that being said I agree with you 100%. Because of the high draft picks over the last couple of year I feel that ya rebuild is probability slightly better than ours right now. It all will all boil down to the QB with I like Darnold better in the short term but Allen in the long term.

Just like I feel like the JETS are not going to be push over I just want to the JETS fanbase to know that we arent a gimme on schedule. It should be a battle and I really feel our week 17 game might be for a playoff spot

FD84E3CA-DC20-4FDA-BA0F-6D48CD0DBB76.jpeg

11 hours ago, chrisfaceoff said:

Welcome to the Jet Nation forums.  Have a downvote!

and people were mocking the black uniforms. The kids are already flocking to the Jets, you know he's young because he's optimistic and doesn't know the soul crushing defeats that come with experience.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I just clicked on the link and saw that guy had the Jets beating the Cowboys 52-10. Having them winning is fine but that score is just hilarious. 

Picking the scores is just stupid.  That is like picking who the jets second third round draft pick will be.

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, Mastenpark said:

Hey how have you been?  I think the Jets and Bills are both setting up to take over this division when Brady finally retires (if it ever happens ?) assuming our young QBs are for real which I think they are.  It should be a fun 2020s for us (2020s? We are getting old)

17 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Lmao keep predicting your better than the Raiders.    The Raiders already upgraded  their roster bigtime from last year. They have four picks in the first 35 picks.

While the  Jets have one pick( going to get pretty good player at three) but won't be picking till the third round.  Raiders have the chance to get four starters to your one.

Lets see what both teams roster look like after draft, undrafted Fa's, and late player cuts.       

Maybe you should take it one game at a time. Just remember how was last year predictions of how the season would turn out.

Yeah the Raiders will have more rookie starters and no QB.

When have any of your predictions gone awry? 

It's too early for these types of threads. 

The reality is

1) How good the Jets are have way more to do with how much Darnold progresses next year than anything else. If he makes a big leap we could obviously be much, much better.

2) There are a lot of teams on our schedule with a large variance in how good they might be. The AFC North and NFC East in particular both stand out as divisions with a lot of teams that could be very good or could be bad. Which Cowboys team are we going to get? How does Wentz bounce back? What do the Giants look like? Do the Ravens regress, was that playoff game a sign of things to come with Jackson? The Browns look like the could be a juggernaut or a dumpster fire.

9 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

Really it’s about Sam Darnold, if he takes the leap and becomes a Franchise QB. These predictions are worthless. 

Sam will continue to progress. Predictions are based on potential and visible qualities. It’s astonishing this kid just played 2 years of college football and intermittently played QB in high school prior to being drafted by the Jets.  And he significantly improved after sitting a few games. He’s still learning the game. Things definitely slowed down for him. I predict a major leap in his numbers this year. Ye of little faith.

• Sympathy 1

how many times do these pre-season predictions actually hold up?  except for the patsies there isn't a single team that has been able to parlay a really long success run.  the other teams are competitive but by no means world beaters. likewise there are only a couple of teams that will be pushovers and some of those wins will surprise people.  it all goes back to "on any given sunday".  imo this team goes 10-6 and at the end of the season they will probably leave two wins on the table.