Team visits by position

k-met57

1 hour ago, ryu79 said:

Weird. We are a total outlier in the league with the amount of visits hosted for RBs. 

Esp w Bell and Montgomery signed, maybe more of a power back?

that's my guess. Bell and Montgomery are not power backs, and my guess on McGuire is that he is out of favor with the new staff. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

that's my guess. Bell and Montgomery are not power backs, and my guess on McGuire is that he is out of favor with the new staff. 

Could be that a lot of these visits were made before they signed them.  It was never a given they were going to get bell.  So i figure now, especially with only 6 picks heading into the draft, they’ll avoid taking a rb this year and let the 2 FAs, mcguire and cannon play.  

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Could be that a lot of these visits were made before they signed them.  It was never a given they were going to get bell.  So i figure now, especially with only 6 picks heading into the draft, they’ll avoid taking a rb this year and let the 2 FAs, mcguire and cannon play.  

i could be wrong but i believe that bringing in prospects basically starts around the time of FA...so not sure how true the above is or could be.

37 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

i could be wrong but i believe that bringing in prospects basically starts around the time of FA...so not sure how true the above is or could be.

Depends on how they define visits.  Just based on the number of visits, it would seem as if they are counting Sr Bowl and Combine meetings which would be before FA.