At least we're not the Raiders....

11 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

For context, this Report came out yesterday:

Raiders targeting mega deal for Kyler Murray?

According to Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman, not many would be surprised if the Oakland Raiders jumped up to take Ohio State’s Nick Bosa or Murray with the No. 1 overall pick.

I could see the raiders doing this, then trading Carr to the giants or redskins.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

According to Bleacher Report’s Mike Freeman, not many would be surprised if the Oakland Raiders jumped up to take Ohio State’s Nick Bosa or Murray with the No. 1 overall pick.

I tried doing this in our mock draft to get to #1 and grab Murray.  I think that's what the Raiders plan has been all along.  Unfortunately, we can't trade future picks in our Jet Nation draft so I didn't have the capital to pull it off.

• Sympathy 1

13 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If the raiders want a qb they’d be better off keeping their picks and taking Haskins

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Sent home for the weekend, won't be back by draft time?  What?

I don't even mind this approach.  The scouts have done their work and presented their data.

Now you have the two most important people going to actually make the decisions instead of being distracted by someone pounding the table.

That is how we supposedly got ardarius stewart by someone pounding the table.

that is how we got awful Rex picks, pounding the table.

Also mayock came in later correct?  So these scouts are not his guys.

Too many cooks can spoil the soup.

Are your arch rivals, the Flames, going out tonight??

Anything that brings the suck-a** raiders down, I’m in....from the trash, drunken fans that invaded the Coliseum during Pete’s years, to the crypt keeper benching Marcus Allen (affecting his stats) because he wanted to be traded, to all the gang bangers wearing raiders jerseys that the school system (multiple counties) banned students from wearing.  

Come caca.

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

What’s messed up about this is that Mayock was likely using those guys last year as sources. 

Well done.  You may have nailed it.  And, even if it wasn't those guys directly, Mayock probably knows just how easy it is to get sources in just about every organization.  He was probably sitting back with Gruden in February saying, "Listen, for the past 5 years I've had at least one guy, sometimes more, in every NFL scouting department leaking me info.  Our guys are good and I like them, but they're human beings.  We'll get them to provide all their analysis and input and then when we get to the final stacking of the board during the weekend of 4/19, we send them all home for a one week vacation and we go into lockdown mode."

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

If the Flames and the Leafs go out in the 1st round to go along with the lightning and pittsburgh it just might be the perfect 1st round of the playoffs.

With you on all but the Leafs...wife has family in Toronto who we visit every year for Canada day. Personally despise the Bruins.

• Upvote 1

so what else new about the raiders.  the thing the raiders ought to be concerned about is how good gruden is at building a team.  when he was there the last time he had a good gm.  now he's got a tv talking head?  no doubt he's going to be making some errors along the way.  if he doesn't like carr then he should launch him.  the sooner the better, especially if the guy he wants is in the draft.  but with them sitting at 4 it's all pretty meaningless to the jets unless some other team wants to trade up to 3 to snag murray.  if the raiders want to be ensured of the pick they need to move to no. 1.  that's an awful lot of pressure to put on a rookie.

43 minutes ago, section314 said:

Heard on Sirius Radio yesterday afternoon that Gruden is running the draft...Mayock will give imput only.?

This is exactly what I had supposed when Gruden hired Mayock.  He wants to use him as a resource, nothing more.  That's why he had little use for the "scouts" also.  Fancies himself as a One Man Show. 

He's the expert of all things football.  All others are disposable tools to be used at his whim. He's always been this way.  Nothing has changed from his days in Tampa.  That's why he has a short shelf life.  This is his persona, history, legacy, and will one day be his downfall.  Well deserved.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

All those scouts were gone as they were from previous regimes.  None of them were going to be back with the Raiders.( Mayock has his own guys from around the league- will build the scouting staff with his guys).

Mike Mayock was proven  right because one of those scouts leaked to Ian Rapoport.    He doesn't want anyone knowing his thought process on any of the prospects.

Lets see how M Mayock does in the draft versus The Jets GM.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1