JoJoTownsell1

At least we're not the Raiders....

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah because we’ve been so impressive with our Draft process the last few years, we can laugh at the Raiders?

The Jets and their fans would kill to have the draft capital the Raiders have this and next year.

I keep saying it, but you guys never cease to amaze me when as Jet fans you feel empowered to laugh at any other organization. 

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We could trade away Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams, in the same way the Raiders traded away Mack and Cooper and load up on picks. Would that make you happy Mr. SOJF?

In three years you might have to deal with having to tradeJamal Adams, depending on what he will look to get after his rookie deal. Only thing is you’re not going to see the Jets get back anything like the Raiders did for Mack. Whether you agree with the Raiders trading Mack or not, you cannot argue they got a very nice package of picks back for a player they didn’t think was worth what he was asking. Especially where they were as a organization talent wise.

The comparison of Cooper and a young QB like Darnold is laughable. Robbie Anderson would’ve at least been comparable. The Raiders did very well getting a #1 from the Cowboys for a WR who was an underachiever for them.

As for Darnold, I’ll just add one thing, only because you threw in the gratuitous SOJF remark. Maybe you should wait until he proves that he is who you think he’s going to be before you mention him along side Pro Bowl level players like Mack and Adams. I hate to be the one to tell you, but he hasn’t sniffed their level yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The gruden experiment isn’t working 

LMAO...and this is based on what exactly? 

Why not be concerned about how the Gase experiment works out instead of putting down the Raiders? I remember us dancing that dance with the Browns...

Do you really think Gruden and Mayock (along with the rest of the league) are trembling in their boots about how things are working out here?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Because they were awful last year and continue to be a dysfunctional organization. 

The browns have nothing to show for yet but losing seasons. I have been hearing about the “resurgence” of the browns since 2014. Wake me when it actually translates into wins

Ok Kevin, if you’re going to look at other teams through green tinted glasses, that’s what you will see. 😉

You’re missing my point though, which is we root for a team that’s won 14 games in 3 years.. Where do any of us come off laughing at any other organization?

The Raiders have upgraded at WR with Brown and loaded up with 1st round picks for the next two years by trading a player they didn’t think was cost efficient at the stage they’re in. We didn’t want him either because of where we are in the rebuilding process.

Saying they remain a dysfunctional organization is basically just a cheap shot and isn’t based on any factual evidence at all. Since Gruden and now Mayock have taken over they have charted a logical and so far well conceived rebuilding plan. Whether it works out or not, who knows?

As for the Browns, the nicest way I can answer you is to say that your opinion of where they are is shared by very few, if any, other football fans.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

Why would we have to trade Adams?
He's not as good as homer Jets fans think and he plays a low priority position.  Hes not going to be able to get big money. 

I never said we “would have to” trade him. I said “who knows, we might”, which is a completely different response, especially when put in the context of our conversation about the Raiders trading Mack.

I’m not sure I agree with you though about the type of player he is, and the type of contract he might get.

Safeties did a lot better in FA this year then Mr. Shane and the “safety bashers” claimthey should. Adams is one of the best at the position, and with the intangibles he seems to bring, I think the Jets would be very wise to think about extending him in the next year or two, rather then letting this ever get to the point where posting about his value in FA becomes a thing.

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Was just asking why, didn't say that you did.

Guess it wasn't clear though, I was joking, being sarcastic given the whining about his play and the importance of his position. :)

No worries, friend. Yours wasn’t the first joke I’ve had go over my head, lol. And because I value your opinions here, I took the time to explain mine in this case.

But I should’ve known, great minds rarely disagree!

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company