JoJoTownsell1

At least we're not the Raiders....

What’s messed up about this is that Mayock was likely using those guys last year as sources. 

So he knows who not to trust.

Get the hell outa here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Yea just like Mayock got taken to cleaners in the Antonio Brown trade.  Everyone thought they would have to give up one of their first rounders.   A third and a fifth was highway robbery on the Raiders part.   They will trade back somewhere in the draft to recoup those picks.       No team taking advantage of the Raiders. ( very sharp mind)
I like the  job Mayock has done in free agency.   Improve the roster at most every position, and still has four of the top 35 picks to play in the draft.    It's Mayock time.

I don’t disagree with this. So far the raiders have done things the way I like it to happen. Mack won’t play ball? Get 2 firsts for him. (Grateful it wasn’t the Jets two firsts BTW). Cooper wants to be sporadic and lean toward the soft side? Get a first for him. Top 3 WR wants out of Pittsburgh? Hold strong and offer chump change for him. Etc etc. nicely done.

Interestingly I wanted the jets to stay as far away from AB as possible but it’s a different team. Can’t complain about the deal they got. That’s for sure.

They are making it fun out there and being bold. Problem is that type of thinking and mgmt can blow up in their faces just as easily.
AB continues to be a c*nt and it ruins the team. Any of these firsts don’t work out and they lost two very good/elite players to get them. Start moving up for Murray and pushing a very good QB out the door could work brilliantly and it can fail miserably.

But I like it. I like the movers and shakers when trying to rebuild the team atmosphere and attitude.
Then I like a well run developmental program where the moving and shaking isn’t necessary anymore. But for now I like it. And I like that they sent everyone else home. To hell with leaks man. That should show you that they are no where near done making moves and want their ideas protected. Just john and mike sitting in the quiet room where they can think and talk without the kids running around making noise. :)

Really good twitter content about this topic from Gil Brandt today, btw. Worth finding.

No link? This is the only place I know how to access and read in line man

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I like Mike Mayock thought process.  He has every team in the Raiders division players up there.( all in one room)   To go anywhere you have to first win your division.  

Everything he does is designed to create a team that can matchup to the top team in his division. For example here is the Chiefs weapons , how do we neutralize them.

It's no accident the Raiders have really made an effort to increase their speed on both sides of the ball.  Look at Wr  corps number 1  . antonio Bown 2Tyrell Williams 3 draft choice(   Maybe Hollywood Brown - Antonio Brown cousin, 4. Jj Nelson- James Jett type who there to stretch the field.( open up areas of the field you want to exploit.    That is way faster group of receivers than they had last year.

RIght. There seems to be an actual plan. It began with drawing a line in the sand for their best player. That sets the stage firmly for everything moving forward. "Even if I like you as a player, this is my house and it will be my rules."  Getting the two firsts for Mack was a huge deal for a rebuild. The Bears aren't complaining either and pick 24 isn't raising any regrets for having Mack. Next years 1st may be more painful for them.

Egos can ruin plans though,  and we know there is at least one monster ego in that room. If I were a Raider fan, I would hate the idea of a trade up for a QB in this draft. Keep the picks or add more by trading back would be fine, but I would think Carr could be the guy moving forward. I would question the wisdom of moving on from Carr for Murray(who will be figured out int he NFL quickly IMO).  If he doesn't work out get the QB next season, but getting ants in the pants when you don't have to would reek of egos at play to me. 

I agree with the overall premise of what they are doing and I'd be excited if I were you. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Why would we have to trade Adams?
He's not as good as homer Jets fans think and he plays a low priority position.  Hes not going to be able to get big money. 

Assuming Adams trajectory continues,(or he can actually learn to bring down the ints that hit his hands) he will get a very big contract. Potentially top S money in the NFL at the time of signing. I hear all of the low priority position and all that, but having a top tier safety is not a bad thing. The safeties did very well this FA period and could give us an idea of what Adams will want in two years. I'd like to think he will remain a Jet for a long time.  

If I remember correctly you are one who subscribes to the idea that Bowles and Rodgers had players out of position regularly with their terribly antiquated schemes. Adams was able to get to the pro bowl in his second season under their regime. It is not ridiculous to think that he will benefit from an aggressive Williams Defense. Interestingly the one area I was disappointed with this offseason was the decision to retain Dennard and Jackson as our DB coaches. I thought that unit underperformed greatly the last few years and was surprised to see them being among the small group of coaches retained. That's the only fly in the ointment for a really strong coaching staff Gase/ Macc put together this offseason. So that could be a negative for Adams. 

14 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Great theory.  Besides the redskins where would Carr go?

Cincinnati Maybe?  

I was being sarcastic.
Apparently didnt do it well. 
So, yes I do agree, I wouldnt trade him, dont think it makes sense to trade away your best players.

Oooooh. I see it now. 🤪

It was 5 am and I no see too good

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company