JoJoTownsell1

At least we're not the Raiders....

55 minutes ago, section314 said:

Heard on Sirius Radio yesterday afternoon that Gruden is running the draft...Mayock will give imput only.🙄

That was the report when Mayock was hired

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

In three years you might have to deal with having to tradeJamal Adams, depending on what he will look to get after his rookie deal. Only thing is you’re not going to see the Jets get back anything like the Raiders did for Mack. Whether you agree with the Raiders trading Mack or not, you cannot argue they got a very nice package of picks back for a player they didn’t think was worth what he was asking. Especially where they were as a organization talent wise.

The comparison of Cooper and a young QB like Darnold is laughable. Robbie Anderson would’ve at least been comparable. The Raiders did very well getting a #1 from the Cowboys for a WR who was an underachiever for them.

As for Darnold, I’ll just add one thing, only because you threw in the gratuitous SOJF remark. Maybe you should wait until he proves that he is who you think he’s going to be before you mention him along side Pro Bowl level players like Mack and Adams. I hate to be the one to tell you, but he hasn’t sniffed their level yet.

Why would we have to trade Adams?
He's not as good as homer Jets fans think and he plays a low priority position.  Hes not going to be able to get big money. 

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Yea just like Mayock got taken to cleaners in the Antonio Brown trade.  Everyone thought they would have to give up one of their first rounders.   A third and a fifth was highway robbery on the Raiders part.   They will trade back somewhere in the draft to recoup those picks.       No team taking advantage of the Raiders. ( very sharp mind)

I like the  job Mayock has done in free agency.   Improve the roster at most every position, and still has four of the top 35 picks to play in the draft.    It's Mayock time.

No one thought they would have to give up a third, it was said that Pitt opened up by asking for a 1st.  No one did, no one really went after the team quitting, locker room cancer, QB killing WR.

Its Mayock time?  LOL, Youre consistent

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He told me on the other board I was stupid for thinking the raiders should have taken Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus Russell

Better yet, going into Russells last season in Oakland he told me that it was going to be Russells big year, that he would be the number 1 QB in the league, passing Brady by.  That the Jets wish they had him.  Generational.

Cant make that up

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I never said we “would have to” trade him. I said “who knows, we might”, which is a completely different response, especially when put in the context of our conversation about the Raiders trading Mack.

I’m not sure I agree with you though about the type of player he is, and the type of contract he might get.

Safeties did a lot better in FA this year then Mr. Shane and the “safety bashers” claimthey should. Adams is one of the best at the position, and with the intangibles he seems to bring, I think the Jets would be very wise to think about extending him in the next year or two, rather then letting this ever get to the point where posting about his value in FA becomes a thing.

Was just asking why, didn't say that you did.

Guess it wasn't clear though, I was joking, being sarcastic given the whining about his play and the importance of his position. :)

44 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No worries, friend. Yours wasn’t the first joke I’ve had go over my head, lol. And because I value your opinions here, I took the time to explain mine in this case.

But I should’ve known, great minds rarely disagree!

Same here buddy, appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes you look at just there stats from last year and outside of Hurst they weren't that impressive .     What your missing.    Those players stats would have been much better playing with K Mack.  They traded him right before the season and these players had to do on their own.( too late to get a top veteran for them to lean on

And, ugh, couldn't the 31 other teams rookies also look better if they Mack on their teams?  The point is what, the shltty rookies wouldn't have been so shltty with a Mack next to them?  

This makes the rookies better somehow? 

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Assuming Adams trajectory continues,(or he can actually learn to bring down the ints that hit his hands) he will get a very big contract. Potentially top S money in the NFL at the time of signing. I hear all of the low priority position and all that, but having a top tier safety is not a bad thing. The safeties did very well this FA period and could give us an idea of what Adams will want in two years. I'd like to think he will remain a Jet for a long time.  

If I remember correctly you are one who subscribes to the idea that Bowles and Rodgers had players out of position regularly with their terribly antiquated schemes. Adams was able to get to the pro bowl in his second season under their regime. It is not ridiculous to think that he will benefit from an aggressive Williams Defense. Interestingly the one area I was disappointed with this offseason was the decision to retain Dennard and Jackson as our DB coaches. I thought that unit underperformed greatly the last few years and was surprised to see them being among the small group of coaches retained. That's the only fly in the ointment for a really strong coaching staff Gase/ Macc put together this offseason. So that could be a negative for Adams. 

I was being sarcastic.

Apparently didnt do it well.  :D

So, yes I do agree, I wouldnt trade him, dont think it makes sense to trade away your best players.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Oooooh. I see it now. 🤪

It was 5 am and I no see too good

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Know the feeling all too well.

No worries!

• Like 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company