At least we're not the Raiders....

43 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

We could trade away Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams, in the same way the Raiders traded away Mack and Cooper and load up on picks. Would that make you happy Mr. SOJF?

In three years you might have to deal with having to tradeJamal Adams, depending on what he will look to get after his rookie deal. Only thing is you’re not going to see the Jets get back anything like the Raiders did for Mack. Whether you agree with the Raiders trading Mack or not, you cannot argue they got a very nice package of picks back for a player they didn’t think was worth what he was asking. Especially where they were as a organization talent wise.

The comparison of Cooper and a young QB like Darnold is laughable. Robbie Anderson would’ve at least been comparable. The Raiders did very well getting a #1 from the Cowboys for a WR who was an underachiever for them.

As for Darnold, I’ll just add one thing, only because you threw in the gratuitous SOJF remark. Maybe you should wait until he proves that he is who you think he’s going to be before you mention him along side Pro Bowl level players like Mack and Adams. I hate to be the one to tell you, but he hasn’t sniffed their level yet.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Let's see they gave up that number 1 Wr ( A Cooper) and replaced him with Antonio Brown.  ( guess that was a downgrade right) .

Yes the Raiders traded their best player on defense and best pass rusher K Mack.   As good as Mack was he never elevated the defense.   Yes they probably don't find a player as good a pass rusher as Mack.    Instead of having one elite rusher , they will have four pretty good ones. They use that pick to pick get a top CB to team with G Conley- developing into a shutdown CB.

Best fit for the Raiders defense is De Montez Sweat  .( my guess who their Dc would prefer)  Mayock is best player available guy - won't pass on Q Williams if he's there. Hopefully someone takes him before the Raiders pick.

Run Downs LDE Montez Sweat Ldt run stuffers J Ellis / J Hankins Rdt Pj Hall( Geno Atkins clone) Rde Benson Mayowa  Wlb V Burlict MLB B Marshall SLb M Lee  Ss K Joseph FS Lamarcus Joyner . CB G Conley CB One of their first round picks 

Pass downs LDE M Sweat Ldt Pj Hall Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( situational pass rusher should had easily 6-7 sacks last year.   Wlb n Morrow  MLB B Marshall FS L Joyner Ss E Harris/ Nick Nelson like to see him moved to safety.   Very reliable tackler, and instincts are off the charts.  CB G Gonley CB - one of their first draft choices Nb - Nevin Lawson/ D Worley/ Nick Nelson.

Who gives a damn here about the Faiders?

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

The gruden experiment isn’t working 

LMAO...and this is based on what exactly? 

Why not be concerned about how the Gase experiment works out instead of putting down the Raiders? I remember us dancing that dance with the Browns...

Do you really think Gruden and Mayock (along with the rest of the league) are trembling in their boots about how things are working out here?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Run Downs LDE Montez Sweat Ldt run stuffers J Ellis / J Hankins Rdt Pj Hall( Geno Atkins clone) Rde Benson Mayowa  Wlb V Burlict MLB B Marshall SLb M Lee  Ss K Joseph FS Lamarcus Joyner . CB G Conley CB One of their first round picks 

Pass downs LDE M Sweat Ldt Pj Hall Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( situational pass rusher should had easily 6-7 sacks last year.   Wlb n Morrow  MLB B Marshall FS L Joyner Ss E Harris/ Nick Nelson like to see him moved to safety.   Very reliable tackler, and instincts are off the charts.  CB G Gonley CB - one of their first draft choices Nb - Nevin Lawson/ D Worley/ Nick Nelson.

This reads like an AFL dispersal draft. 

• Sympathy 2

5 hours ago, peebag said:

He's playing with house money....he doesn't have to win for the next 3 years....the fans in Oakland don't care, the Raiders are going bye-bye.

Then in Vegas, they'll be a novelty act for 2 more years packing the stadium with out of towners.

2022, that's when the house of cards falls.

They'll never have problems selling tickets in Vegas.  It'll be the most popular road trip destination in the league.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

This coming week with him and Gruden in an empty facility sitting on a cold war stockpile of draft capital is gonna be on the level of Hard Knocks Rex. I sure hope somebody is gonna be rolling cameras.

Maybe we can just get a Vine of Mayock’s face when Gruden drafts Clayton Thorson at 4.

7 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

M Mayock will not let any Tv cameras in the draft room. There are like 10 teams letting Tv in their draft room, and the Raiders aren't one of them.

Have a chuckle now but we will compare how both teams did in this  years draft when it's all over. Let's see whose laughing than.  

The next GM of the Jets - Mel Kiper .  Can't beat them try to follow another teams lead.

I never noticed until this thread but now that I think about it, you are kind of a homer. You've never said anything bad about your team and seem to spin everything into a positive. I like your posts, just saying.

I never noticed until this thread but now that I think about it, you are kind of a homer. You've never said anything bad about your team and seem to spin everything into a positive. I like your posts, just saying.

Everything Raider is rainbows and lollipops until they sh*t the bed then he disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

42 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Hey go easy on Raider90210.  He told us Chaz Schillins was going to be our answer to our #2 Wr.

He told me on the other board I was stupid for thinking the raiders should have taken Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus Russell

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

Maybe there's a mole in the room.

Bingo

That's exactly what this is about.  It's common practice that new GM's fire the old scouting staff after the draft.  These guys are basically looking for jobs.  They've given their reports.......bye

Yea just like Mayock got taken to cleaners in the Antonio Brown trade.  Everyone thought they would have to give up one of their first rounders.   A third and a fifth was highway robbery on the Raiders part.   They will trade back somewhere in the draft to recoup those picks.       No team taking advantage of the Raiders. ( very sharp mind)
I like the  job Mayock has done in free agency.   Improve the roster at most every position, and still has four of the top 35 picks to play in the draft.    It's Mayock time.

I don’t disagree with this. So far the raiders have done things the way I like it to happen. Mack won’t play ball? Get 2 firsts for him. (Grateful it wasn’t the Jets two firsts BTW). Cooper wants to be sporadic and lean toward the soft side? Get a first for him. Top 3 WR wants out of Pittsburgh? Hold strong and offer chump change for him. Etc etc. nicely done.

Interestingly I wanted the jets to stay as far away from AB as possible but it’s a different team. Can’t complain about the deal they got. That’s for sure.

They are making it fun out there and being bold. Problem is that type of thinking and mgmt can blow up in their faces just as easily.
AB continues to be a c*nt and it ruins the team. Any of these firsts don’t work out and they lost two very good/elite players to get them. Start moving up for Murray and pushing a very good QB out the door could work brilliantly and it can fail miserably.

But I like it. I like the movers and shakers when trying to rebuild the team atmosphere and attitude.
Then I like a well run developmental program where the moving and shaking isn’t necessary anymore. But for now I like it. And I like that they sent everyone else home. To hell with leaks man. That should show you that they are no where near done making moves and want their ideas protected. Just john and mike sitting in the quiet room where they can think and talk without the kids running around making noise. :)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, flgreen said:

Bingo

That's exactly what this is about.  It's common practice that new GM's fire the old scouting staff after the draft.  These guys are basically looking for jobs.  They've given their reports.......bye

Exactly and the rumor out there is Ex charger GM Aj Smith would be joining the Raiders front office/ scouting department at some point.      M Mayock has a lot of friends / contacts around the league.    There is no doubt he will put together a top scouting department , that he feels comfortable working with. 

Aj Smith if they pull that one off will be a great start.