JoJoTownsell1

At least we're not the Raiders....

1. Raiders (trade pick 4, 24, and 27 to the Cardinals for #1) KYLER MURRAY, QB, OKLAHOMA

2. Broncos (trade picks 10, 41, and their 2020 #1 to 49ers for #2) DREW LOCK, QB, MISSOURI

3. Jets: Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

4. Jaguars (trade picks 7, 38, and a 2020 2nd to Cardinals for #4): NICK BOSA, DE, Ohio State

5. Patriots (trade pick 32...

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

This is exactly what I had supposed when Gruden hired Mayock.  He wants to use him as a resource, nothing more.  That's why he had little use for the "scouts" also.  Fancies himself as a One Man Show.  He's the expert of all things football.  All others are disposable tools to be used at his whim.  This is his persona, history, legacy, and will one day be his downfall.  Well deserved.

The Raiders(Gruden and Mayock) from now till the draft is over, with the cameras allowed in the war room during the 3 days of the draft, should be this years Hard Knocks. It would be must see TV.😁

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Raiders (trade pick 4, 24, and 27 to the Cardinals for #1) KYLER MURRAY, QB, OKLAHOMA

2. Broncos (trade picks 10, 41, and their 2020 #1 to 49ers for #2) DREW LOCK, QB, MISSOURI

4. Jaguars (trade picks 7, 38, and a 2020 2nd to Cardinals for #4): NICK BOSA, DE, Ohio State

To quote Yoda...."an evil man you are."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Maybe they were loyal to Reggie McKenzie and giving Mayock a bunch of crap.

1 hour ago, CTM said:

They should go all in and assemble a staff entirely of TV talking heads

Seems oddly familiar.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, section314 said:

Heard on Sirius Radio yesterday afternoon that Gruden is running the draft...Mayock will give imput only.🙄

That was the report when Mayock was hired

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In this trade scenario, which would be great for us, I don't see why the Broncos would have to go all the way to #2 to get Drew Locke.  By the same token, the Jaguars would also be a potential partner for us at the #3, where we would be more than willing, in my opinion, to move down and let them have Bosa. 

I love Quinnen Williams, but if things shake out as you predict, we will be in great shape, and will most definitely be trading down, especially with the values you assigned to the picks.

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yeah because we’ve been so impressive with our Draft process the last few years, we can laugh at the Raiders?

The Jets and their fans would kill to have the draft capital the Raiders have this and next year.

I keep saying it, but you guys never cease to amaze me when as Jet fans you feel empowered to laugh at any other organization. 

• Upvote 3

It's .going to be interesting to see J Gruden , Paul Guenther-Raider Dc, and M Mayock work together.    Last year the Raiders really didn't follow the scouts .    J Gruden picked the players on offense, and Paul Guenther picked the players he wanted for his defense.      

Last year defensive haul might go down as one of the best the Raiders have had in sometime  .Dt Pj  Hall, De Arden Key , DT M Hurst , and CB Nick Nelson.

43 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Imagine defending Gruden if/when he gets pump-faked out of his shoes for multiple firsts by Steve Keim and Kliff Kingsbury.

Yea just like Mayock got taken to cleaners in the Antonio Brown trade.  Everyone thought they would have to give up one of their first rounders.   A third and a fifth was highway robbery on the Raiders part.   They will trade back somewhere in the draft to recoup those picks.       No team taking advantage of the Raiders. ( very sharp mind)

I like the  job Mayock has done in free agency.   Improve the roster at most every position, and still has four of the top 35 picks to play in the draft.    It's Mayock time.

• Like 2

This guy's old enough to remember when at least we weren't the Browns.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

Maybe they were loyal to Reggie McKenzie and giving Mayock a bunch of crap.

That’s a pretty wild theory. Essentially sabotaging your job because you liked the last guy?

6 minutes ago, J_Smith said:

That’s a pretty wild theory. Essentially sabotaging your job because you liked the last guy?

I’m sure their jobs are in limbo as it is. Mayock probably wants to bring in his own guys… Wouldn’t you think. That’s what McKagan did. he kept the Jets scouts for that first draft after he came  and then brought in his own guus

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

What’s messed up about this is that Mayock was likely using those guys last year as sources. 

This actually makes perfect sense when looking at the situation. Could be the case. 

37 minutes ago, section314 said:

The Raiders(Gruden and Mayock) from now till the draft is over, with the cameras allowed in the war room during the 3 days of the draft, should be this years Hard Knocks. It would be must see TV.😁

M Mayock will not let any Tv cameras in the draft room. There are like 10 teams letting Tv in their draft room, and the Raiders aren't one of them.

Have a chuckle now but we will compare how both teams did in this  years draft when it's all over. Let's see whose laughing than.  

The next GM of the Jets - Mel Kiper .  Can't beat them try to follow another teams lead.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

If the Flames and the Leafs go out in the 1st round to go along with the lightning and pittsburgh it just might be the perfect 1st round of the playoffs.

So glad the Lightning are done. 

1 hour ago, section314 said:

With you on all but the Leafs...wife has family in Toronto who we visit every year for Canada day. Personally despise the Bruins.

As a Rangers fan the isles moving on kinda sucks but yea I hate the Bruins. 

• Upvote 3

This move isn't really odd. Typically only 3 or 4 people within an organization get to see the final draft board. Usually scouts do not get to see the final draft board. This news is meaningless.

I'm not going to give the Raiders credit for the amount of picks they have. They traded away a #1 WR and the best pass rusher in the NFL to acquire those picks. The chances any of those picks amount to what they gave up is really low. 

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, 32EBoozer said:

I’m sure their jobs are in limbo as it is. Mayock probably wants to bring in his own guys… Wouldn’t you think. That’s what McKagan did. he kept the Jets scouts for that first draft after he came  and then brought in his own guus

yeah that worked so great for us. 

I feel like they could have just listened to NFL network and drafted better.

I would be all for keeping our pick if we dont get offered 1 2 this year and 1 next year.

• Upvote 1

Enemies enemies everywhere...

I think they are likely going to call fake news preemptively on anything else out of Raider town.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

M Mayock will not let any Tv cameras in the draft room. There are like 10 teams letting Tv in their draft room, and the Raiders aren't one of them.

Have a chuckle now but we will compare how both teams did in this  years draft when it's all over. Let's see whose laughing than.  

The next GM of the Jets - Mel Kiper .  Can't beat them try to follow another teams lead.

I get that Gruden has a plan that must make sense to him.  What I see so far is at pick #4 he can get a guy who *might* be able to replace most of what Mack gave them.  At #24 he can probably get a WR who can replace Cooper.  That leaves pick 27 to get someone that isn't a replacement, which is what pick 4 would have been before those two trades.  Mack trade still leaves them with the 2020 first and third rounders so I'm not knocking the value.  And the guys they draft will be a lot cheaper in terms of cap so that money can be reallocated. 

It's just that I don't think the trades improve them this year.  Of course the draft will look great with three first-rounders, but when you subtract Mack and Cooper, it will be hard to be a net positive.  It will take until 2020 to determine if it was all worth it.  If they draft well this year, they will have traded 4 for 27, a 6th rounder, and next year's 1 and 3 with a lot more cap room but probably a notch down in pure talent at those two positions.  Not a super value, but not horrible.  I just wouldn't go throwing the genius label around yet.  But if they whiff on the pass rusher at 4, then all bets are off.

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

This move isn't really odd. Typically only 3 or 4 people within an organization get to see the final draft board. Usually scouts do not get to see the final draft board. This news is meaningless.

I'm not going to give the Raiders credit for the amount of picks they have. They traded away a #1 WR and the best pass rusher in the NFL to acquire those picks. The chances any of those picks amount to what they gave up is really low. 

Let's see they gave up that number 1 Wr ( A Cooper) and replaced him with Antonio Brown.  ( guess that was a downgrade right) .

Yes the Raiders traded their best player on defense and best pass rusher K Mack.   As good as Mack was he never elevated the defense.   Yes they probably don't find a player as good a pass rusher as Mack.    Instead of having one elite rusher , they will have four pretty good ones. They use that pick to pick get a top CB to team with G Conley- developing into a shutdown CB.

Best fit for the Raiders defense is De Montez Sweat  .( my guess who their Dc would prefer)  Mayock is best player available guy - won't pass on Q Williams if he's there. Hopefully someone takes him before the Raiders pick.

Run Downs LDE Montez Sweat Ldt run stuffers J Ellis / J Hankins Rdt Pj Hall( Geno Atkins clone) Rde Benson Mayowa  Wlb V Burlict MLB B Marshall SLb M Lee  Ss K Joseph FS Lamarcus Joyner . CB G Conley CB One of their first round picks 

Pass downs LDE M Sweat Ldt Pj Hall Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( situational pass rusher should had easily 6-7 sacks last year.   Wlb n Morrow  MLB B Marshall FS L Joyner Ss E Harris/ Nick Nelson like to see him moved to safety.   Very reliable tackler, and instincts are off the charts.  CB G Gonley CB - one of their first draft choices Nb - Nevin Lawson/ D Worley/ Nick Nelson.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Yeah because we’ve been so impressive with our Draft process the last few years, we can laugh at the Raiders?

The Jets and their fans would kill to have the draft capital the Raiders have this and next year.

I keep saying it, but you guys never cease to amaze me when as Jet fans you feel empowered to laugh at any other organization. 

We could trade away Sam Darnold and Jamal Adams, in the same way the Raiders traded away Mack and Cooper and load up on picks. Would that make you happy Mr. SOJF?

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Gruden's is that is out of control! In fact let's call it ego hyperspace

He's playing with house money....he doesn't have to win for the next 3 years....the fans in Oakland don't care, the Raiders are going bye-bye.

Then in Vegas, they'll be a novelty act for 2 more years packing the stadium with out of towners.

2022, that's when the house of cards falls.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Those guys would have given you every organizational secret they had access to in exchange for letting them use your washing machine and a couple of Tide Pods.

and they ate the tide pods

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Yea just like Mayock got taken to cleaners in the Antonio Brown trade.  Everyone thought they would have to give up one of their first rounders.   A third and a fifth was highway robbery on the Raiders part.   They will trade back somewhere in the draft to recoup those picks.       No team taking advantage of the Raiders. ( very sharp mind)

I like the  job Mayock has done in free agency.   Improve the roster at most every position, and still has four of the top 35 picks to play in the draft.    It's Mayock time.

It’s Mayock Time. The “t” should be capitalized.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

I'm all for a good laugh at Gruden's expense as I believe when it's all said and done, the Raiders will be a punchline for years, but this a fairly normal thing. The scouts may not "get sent home", but they're not really involved at this point.

35 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Let's see they gave up that number 1 Wr ( A Cooper) and replaced him with Antonio Brown.  ( guess that was a downgrade right) .

Yes the Raiders traded their best player on defense and best pass rusher K Mack.   As good as Mack was he never elevated the defense.   Yes they probably don't find a player as good a pass rusher as Mack.    Instead of having one elite rusher , they will have four pretty good ones. They use that pick to pick get a top CB to team with G Conley- developing into a shutdown CB.

Best fit for the Raiders defense is De Montez Sweat .

Run Downs LDE Montez Sweat Ldt run stuffers J Ellis / J Hankins Rdt Pj Hall( Geno Atkins clone) Rde Benson Mayowa  Wlb V Burlict MLB B Marshall SLb M Lee  Ss K Joseph FS Lamarcus Joyner . CB G Conley CB One of their first round picks 

Pass downs LDE M Sweat Ldt Pj Hall Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( situational pass rusher should had easily 6-7 sacks last year.   Wlb n Morrow  MLB B Marshall FS L Joyner Ss E Harris/ Nick Nelson like to see him moved to safety.   Very reliable tackler, and instincts are off the charts.  CB G Gonley CB - one of their first draft choices Nb - Nevin Lawson/ D Worley/ Nick Nelson.

Yeah.... I don't really give a flying **** what you have to say. 

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1