At least we're not the Raiders....

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I don’t disagree with this. So far the raiders have done things the way I like it to happen. Mack won’t play ball? Get 2 firsts for him. (Grateful it wasn’t the Jets two firsts BTW). Cooper wants to be sporadic and lean toward the soft side? Get a first for him. Top 3 WR wants out of Pittsburgh? Hold strong and offer chump change for him. Etc etc. nicely done.

Interestingly I wanted the jets to stay as far away from AB as possible but it’s a different team. Can’t complain about the deal they got. That’s for sure.

They are making it fun out there and being bold. Problem is that type of thinking and mgmt can blow up in their faces just as easily.
AB continues to be a c*nt and it ruins the team. Any of these firsts don’t work out and they lost two very good/elite players to get them. Start moving up for Murray and pushing a very good QB out the door could work brilliantly and it can fail miserably.

But I like it. I like the movers and shakers when trying to rebuild the team atmosphere and attitude.
Then I like a well run developmental program where the moving and shaking isn’t necessary anymore. But for now I like it. And I like that they sent everyone else home. To hell with leaks man. That should show you that they are no where near done making moves and want their ideas protected. Just john and mike sitting in the quiet room where they can think and talk without the kids running around making noise. :)

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I like Mike Mayock thought process.  He has every team in the Raiders division players up there.( all in one room)   To go anywhere you have to first win your division.  

Everything he does is designed to create a team that can matchup to the top team in his division. For example here is the Chiefs weapons , how do we neutralize them.

It's no accident the Raiders have really made an effort to increase their speed on both sides of the ball.  Look at Wr  corps number 1  . antonio Bown 2Tyrell Williams 3 draft choice(   Maybe Hollywood Brown - Antonio Brown cousin, 4. Jj Nelson- James Jett type who there to stretch the field.( open up areas of the field you want to exploit.    That is way faster group of receivers than they had last year.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

I like Mike Mayock thought process.  He has every team in the Raiders division players up there.( all in one room)   To go anywhere you have to first win your division.  

Everything he does is designed to create a team that can matchup to the top team in his division. For example here is the Chiefs weapons , how do we neutralize them.

It's no accident the Raiders have really made an effort to increase their speed on both sides of the ball.  Look at Wr  corps number 1  . antonio Bown 2Tyrell Williams 3 draft choice(   Maybe Hollywood Brown - Antonio Brown cousin, 4. Jj Nelson- James Jett type who there to stretch the field.( open up areas of the field you want to exploit.    That is way faster group of receivers than they had last year.

RIght. There seems to be an actual plan. It began with drawing a line in the sand for their best player. That sets the stage firmly for everything moving forward. "Even if I like you as a player, this is my house and it will be my rules."  Getting the two firsts for Mack was a huge deal for a rebuild. The Bears aren't complaining either and pick 24 isn't raising any regrets for having Mack. Next years 1st may be more painful for them.

Egos can ruin plans though,  and we know there is at least one monster ego in that room. If I were a Raider fan, I would hate the idea of a trade up for a QB in this draft. Keep the picks or add more by trading back would be fine, but I would think Carr could be the guy moving forward. I would question the wisdom of moving on from Carr for Murray(who will be figured out int he NFL quickly IMO).  If he doesn't work out get the QB next season, but getting ants in the pants when you don't have to would reek of egos at play to me. 

I agree with the overall premise of what they are doing and I'd be excited if I were you. 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Run Downs LDE Montez Sweat Ldt run stuffers J Ellis / J Hankins Rdt Pj Hall( Geno Atkins clone) Rde Benson Mayowa  Wlb V Burlict MLB B Marshall SLb M Lee  Ss K Joseph FS Lamarcus Joyner . CB G Conley CB One of their first round picks 

Pass downs LDE M Sweat Ldt Pj Hall Rdt M Hurst Rde Arden Key ( situational pass rusher should had easily 6-7 sacks last year.   Wlb n Morrow  MLB B Marshall FS L Joyner Ss E Harris/ Nick Nelson like to see him moved to safety.   Very reliable tackler, and instincts are off the charts.  CB G Gonley CB - one of their first draft choices Nb - Nevin Lawson/ D Worley/ Nick Nelson.

Everyone loves draft picks even though they usually don't pan out. 

No one loves potential more than you. 

PJ Hall 22 tackles 0 sacks. Basically a Geno Atkins clone???

Arden Key should have easily had 6-7 sacks chose to only get 1. 

Nick Nelson's instincts are off the charts...What? 

G Conley is developing into a shut down corner?

This is just more of the same Chaz Shilenz hopes and dreams from you

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

In three years you might have to deal with having to tradeJamal Adams, depending on what he will look to get after his rookie deal. Only thing is you’re not going to see the Jets get back anything like the Raiders did for Mack. Whether you agree with the Raiders trading Mack or not, you cannot argue they got a very nice package of picks back for a player they didn’t think was worth what he was asking. Especially where they were as a organization talent wise.

The comparison of Cooper and a young QB like Darnold is laughable. Robbie Anderson would’ve at least been comparable. The Raiders did very well getting a #1 from the Cowboys for a WR who was an underachiever for them.

As for Darnold, I’ll just add one thing, only because you threw in the gratuitous SOJF remark. Maybe you should wait until he proves that he is who you think he’s going to be before you mention him along side Pro Bowl level players like Mack and Adams. I hate to be the one to tell you, but he hasn’t sniffed their level yet.

Why would we have to trade Adams?
He's not as good as homer Jets fans think and he plays a low priority position.  Hes not going to be able to get big money. 

20 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Yea just like Mayock got taken to cleaners in the Antonio Brown trade.  Everyone thought they would have to give up one of their first rounders.   A third and a fifth was highway robbery on the Raiders part.   They will trade back somewhere in the draft to recoup those picks.       No team taking advantage of the Raiders. ( very sharp mind)

I like the  job Mayock has done in free agency.   Improve the roster at most every position, and still has four of the top 35 picks to play in the draft.    It's Mayock time.

No one thought they would have to give up a third, it was said that Pitt opened up by asking for a 1st.  No one did, no one really went after the team quitting, locker room cancer, QB killing WR.

Its Mayock time?  LOL, Youre consistent

17 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

LMAO...and this is based on what exactly? 

Why not be concerned about how the Gase experiment works out instead of putting down the Raiders? I remember us dancing that dance with the Browns...

Do you really think Gruden and Mayock (along with the rest of the league) are trembling in their boots about how things are working out here?

Because they were awful last year and continue to be a dysfunctional organization. 

The browns have nothing to show for yet but losing seasons. I have been hearing about the “resurgence” of the browns since 2014. Wake me when it actually translates into wins

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

He told me on the other board I was stupid for thinking the raiders should have taken Calvin Johnson over Jamarcus Russell

Better yet, going into Russells last season in Oakland he told me that it was going to be Russells big year, that he would be the number 1 QB in the league, passing Brady by.  That the Jets wish they had him.  Generational.

Cant make that up

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, ComfortablyNumb said:

Everything Raider is rainbows and lollipops until they sh*t the bed then he disappears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's not really true. The first part, yes. But he's come back to take his lumps when he was wrong. It's fun to give him a hard time, but he's a good poster.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Because they were awful last year and continue to be a dysfunctional organization. 

The browns have nothing to show for yet but losing seasons. I have been hearing about the “resurgence” of the browns since 2014. Wake me when it actually translates into wins

Ok Kevin, if you’re going to look at other teams through green tinted glasses, that’s what you will see. ?

You’re missing my point though, which is we root for a team that’s won 14 games in 3 years.. Where do any of us come off laughing at any other organization?

The Raiders have upgraded at WR with Brown and loaded up with 1st round picks for the next two years by trading a player they didn’t think was cost efficient at the stage they’re in. We didn’t want him either because of where we are in the rebuilding process.

Saying they remain a dysfunctional organization is basically just a cheap shot and isn’t based on any factual evidence at all. Since Gruden and now Mayock have taken over they have charted a logical and so far well conceived rebuilding plan. Whether it works out or not, who knows?

As for the Browns, the nicest way I can answer you is to say that your opinion of where they are is shared by very few, if any, other football fans.

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

He's not as good as homer Jets fans think and he plays a low priority position.  Hes not going to be able to get big money. 

I never said we “would have to” trade him. I said “who knows, we might”, which is a completely different response, especially when put in the context of our conversation about the Raiders trading Mack.

I’m not sure I agree with you though about the type of player he is, and the type of contract he might get.

Safeties did a lot better in FA this year then Mr. Shane and the “safety bashers” claimthey should. Adams is one of the best at the position, and with the intangibles he seems to bring, I think the Jets would be very wise to think about extending him in the next year or two, rather then letting this ever get to the point where posting about his value in FA becomes a thing.

I believe Gruden and Mayock sending their scouts home could be an indication they're working in a big trade before the draft. I think they're targeting Kyler Murray and will give the Cardinals their 4th and 27th or their 4th and 24th picks to move up to the Cardinals top pick. Then they're going to trade Derek Carr. If Mayock and Gruden don't pull the trade off, they deny it ever happened and stay "married" to Derek Carr.

• Sympathy 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I never said we “would have to” trade him. I said “who knows, we might”, which is a completely different response, especially when put in the context of our conversation about the Raiders trading Mack.

I’m not sure I agree with you though about the type of player he is, and the type of contract he might get.

Safeties did a lot better in FA this year then Mr. Shane and the “safety bashers” claimthey should. Adams is one of the best at the position, and with the intangibles he seems to bring, I think the Jets would be very wise to think about extending him in the next year or two, rather then letting this ever get to the point where posting about his value in FA becomes a thing.

Was just asking why, didn't say that you did.

Guess it wasn't clear though, I was joking, being sarcastic given the whining about his play and the importance of his position. :)

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Was just asking why, didn't say that you did.

Guess it wasn't clear though, I was joking, being sarcastic given the whining about his play and the importance of his position. :)

No worries, friend. Yours wasn’t the first joke I’ve had go over my head, lol. And because I value your opinions here, I took the time to explain mine in this case.

But I should’ve known, great minds rarely disagree!

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

No worries, friend. Yours wasn’t the first joke I’ve had go over my head, lol. And because I value your opinions here, I took the time to explain mine in this case.

Same here buddy, appreciate it.

1 hour ago, playtowinthegame said:

I believe Gruden and Mayock sending their scouts home could be an indication they're working in a big trade before the draft. I think they're targeting Kyler Murray and will give the Cardinals their 4th and 27th or their 4th and 24th picks to move up to the Cardinals top pick. Then they're going to trade Derek Carr. If Mayock and Gruden don't pull the trade off, they deny it ever happened and stay "married" to Derek Carr.

Great theory.  Besides the redskins where would Carr go?

On 4/19/2019 at 12:51 PM, section314 said:

Heard on Sirius Radio yesterday afternoon that Gruden is running the draft...Mayock will give imput only.?

Mayock: I think we should trade up and take Bosa.

Gruden: STFU. I’m in charge here. I’ll send your azz back to the NFL network. Ok so here’s what we’re gonna do. We’re gonna trade up and take Bosa. And that’s final!

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

On 4/19/2019 at 1:41 PM, T0mShane said:

If you can find it, watch that show "Finding Giants," which was a documentary about the Giants scouting department. Those guys would have given you every organizational secret they had access to in exchange for letting them use your washing machine and a couple of Tide Pods.

Went and looked at Finding Giants.....

And I'm not convinced the guys on this Board after 4 Beers couldn't do a better job.....

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Everyone loves draft picks even though they usually don't pan out. 

No one loves potential more than you. 

PJ Hall 22 tackles 0 sacks. Basically a Geno Atkins clone???

Arden Key should have easily had 6-7 sacks chose to only get 1. 

Nick Nelson's instincts are off the charts...What? 

G Conley is developing into a shut down corner?

This is just more of the same Chaz Shilenz hopes and dreams from you

Last year rookie class on defense will go down as one of the best overhaul the Raiders have had in sometime .  Everyone of the players was a rookie ( including Conley who was basically a rookie - missed most of his rookie year due to injury).

Yes you look at just there stats from last year and outside of Hurst they weren't that impressive .     What your missing.    Those players stats would have been much better playing with K Mack.  They traded him right before the season and these players had to do on their own.( too late to get a top veteran for them to lean on) 

Pj Hall is 6'1 310 4.73 forty Vj 38 bp 36  .     Difference between him and Geno Atkins is he came from Sam Houston state, while Atkins came from Georgia.  Took Hall some time to get up to speed playing against much better talent.    He played as well as any rookie Defense lineman during the second half of the season.  He going to be a superstar, and there is a reason he didn't put up the sack numbers because teams had to double team him, free up M Hurst to benefit seeing one on one situations. 

Arden Key when drafted was suppose to be situational pass rusher only . When K Mack was traded he was forced to play fulltime.     HE has great bend off the corner, and should had six sacks.  Just missed the tackle- won't happen in his second year as I say he will finish with 9 to 10'sacks in 2019. ( will be just the situational pass rusher he was suppose to be) 

Raiders finished with paltry 15 sacks in 2018.   Those numbers go way up in 2019 because those rookie are more experience, and have better talent around them .  Raiders you can bet are going  to address their defense bigtime with the four picks they have in the top 35.    I have complete faith in who Paul Guenther picks on defense at four.  He showed me last year he knows exactly what he wants for his defense.

You will see for yourself when the Raiders Play the Jets this year.

1 hour ago, Raideraholic said:

Yes you look at just there stats from last year and outside of Hurst they weren't that impressive .     What your missing.    Those players stats would have been much better playing with K Mack.  They traded him right before the season and these players had to do on their own.( too late to get a top veteran for them to lean on

And, ugh, couldn't the 31 other teams rookies also look better if they Mack on their teams?  The point is what, the shltty rookies wouldn't have been so shltty with a Mack next to them?  

This makes the rookies better somehow? 

Last year rookie class on defense will go down as one of the best overhaul the Raiders have had in sometime .  Everyone of the players was a rookie ( including Conley who was basically a rookie - missed most of his rookie year due to injury).
Yes you look at just there stats from last year and outside of Hurst they weren't that impressive .     What your missing.    Those players stats would have been much better playing with K Mack.  They traded him right before the season and these players had to do on their own.( too late to get a top veteran for them to lean on) 
Pj Hall is 6'1 310 4.73 forty Vj 38 bp 36  .     Difference between him and Geno Atkins is he came from Sam Houston state, while Atkins came from Georgia.  Took Hall some time to get up to speed playing against much better talent.    He played as well as any rookie Defense lineman during the second half of the season.  He going to be a superstar, and there is a reason he didn't put up the sack numbers because teams had to double team him, free up M Hurst to benefit seeing one on one situations. 
Arden Key when drafted was suppose to be situational pass rusher only . When K Mack was traded he was forced to play fulltime.     HE has great bend off the corner, and should had six sacks.  Just missed the tackle- won't happen in his second year as I say he will finish with 9 to 10'sacks in 2019. ( will be just the situational pass rusher he was suppose to be) 
Raiders finished with paltry 15 sacks in 2018.   Those numbers go way up in 2019 because those rookie are more experience, and have better talent around them .  Raiders you can bet are going  to address their defense bigtime with the four picks they have in the top 35.    I have complete faith in who Paul Guenther picks on defense at four.  He showed me last year he knows exactly what he wants for his defense.
You will see for yourself when the Raiders Play the Jets this year.

Last years rookie class on defense was the bestest of the bestest. Awesome awesomeness. Everyone is awesome and the best. PJ Hall is basically the bestest player in world and he smells awesome. Arden key is so awesomeness that he makes people forget Kalil Mack because he’s awesome. You’ll see. You’ll all see!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Assuming Adams trajectory continues,(or he can actually learn to bring down the ints that hit his hands) he will get a very big contract. Potentially top S money in the NFL at the time of signing. I hear all of the low priority position and all that, but having a top tier safety is not a bad thing. The safeties did very well this FA period and could give us an idea of what Adams will want in two years. I'd like to think he will remain a Jet for a long time.  

If I remember correctly you are one who subscribes to the idea that Bowles and Rodgers had players out of position regularly with their terribly antiquated schemes. Adams was able to get to the pro bowl in his second season under their regime. It is not ridiculous to think that he will benefit from an aggressive Williams Defense. Interestingly the one area I was disappointed with this offseason was the decision to retain Dennard and Jackson as our DB coaches. I thought that unit underperformed greatly the last few years and was surprised to see them being among the small group of coaches retained. That's the only fly in the ointment for a really strong coaching staff Gase/ Macc put together this offseason. So that could be a negative for Adams. 

18 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Ok Kevin, if you’re going to look at other teams through green tinted glasses, that’s what you will see. ?

You’re missing my point though, which is we root for a team that’s won 14 games in 3 years.. Where do any of us come off laughing at any other organization?

The Raiders have upgraded at WR with Brown and loaded up with 1st round picks for the next two years by trading a player they didn’t think was cost efficient at the stage they’re in. We didn’t want him either because of where we are in the rebuilding process.

Saying they remain a dysfunctional organization is basically just a cheap shot and isn’t based on any factual evidence at all. Since Gruden and now Mayock have taken over they have charted a logical and so far well conceived rebuilding plan. Whether it works out or not, who knows?

As for the Browns, the nicest way I can answer you is to say that your opinion of where they are is shared by very few, if any, other football fans.

You're missing the point though.

At least we're not the Browns with one winning season since 2002...

or the Raiders, who also have one winning season since 2002. 

The nicest way I can say it is that if you bet all your money on these teams every time they "turned it around" you'd have learned your lesson by now.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Assuming Adams trajectory continues,(or he can actually learn to bring down the ints that hit his hands) he will get a very big contract. Potentially top S money in the NFL at the time of signing. I hear all of the low priority position and all that, but having a top tier safety is not a bad thing. The safeties did very well this FA period and could give us an idea of what Adams will want in two years. I'd like to think he will remain a Jet for a long time.  

If I remember correctly you are one who subscribes to the idea that Bowles and Rodgers had players out of position regularly with their terribly antiquated schemes. Adams was able to get to the pro bowl in his second season under their regime. It is not ridiculous to think that he will benefit from an aggressive Williams Defense. Interestingly the one area I was disappointed with this offseason was the decision to retain Dennard and Jackson as our DB coaches. I thought that unit underperformed greatly the last few years and was surprised to see them being among the small group of coaches retained. That's the only fly in the ointment for a really strong coaching staff Gase/ Macc put together this offseason. So that could be a negative for Adams. 

I was being sarcastic.

Apparently didnt do it well.  :D

So, yes I do agree, I wouldnt trade him, dont think it makes sense to trade away your best players.

• Sympathy 1

The scout thing is non-news and all of you know it. 

My thing with Gruden and Mayock is that I truly don't know how good they are at evaluating talent because every time they'd talk about any player on TV in the past 10 years it was nothing but blowing smoke and making hyperbolic statements about them. 

• Post of the Week 1