Jets "Determined" to Trade Down

slats

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't see any way Mac stays at 3? He's got a very under talented team and no time left to fiddle f*ck around. His Woody Johnson mulligans have officially run out. He MUST fill 3 positions during this offseason. If he doesn't he gets  canned.

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

I don't see any way Mac stays at 3? He's got a very under talented team and no time left to fiddle f*ck around. His Woody Johnson mulligans have officially run out. He MUST fill 3 positions during this offseason. If he doesn't he gets  canned.

Mccagnan knows he can move down into the 11-15 range and still get a good defensive player, then use the 2nd round pick for a center.  

15 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

Mccagnan knows he can move down into the 11-15 range and still get a good defensive player, then use the 2nd round pick for a center.  

Agreed, If we trade to the teens, I’d go LT or CB. Definitely pick up Center in Round 2...Then take Polite and WR in Round 3. 

2 hours ago, slats said:

Probably not really news, but this has been my belief all along. As opposed to what this blurb says, I think he'll take less than the draft pick trade chart to get himself another couple picks - particularly that valuable second rounder. But "determined," feels right to me. 

Report: Jets “determined” to trade down

Posted by Charean Williams on April 19, 2019, 3:04 PM EDT
gettyimages-461896686-e1555700639100.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets have the third overall pick and expect to have one of the top defensive players on the board. That doesn’t mean, though, they will stay put.

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, the Jets seem “determined” to trade down.

While Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan has said several times he’s “open” to the idea, it appears instead he’s intent on selling the team’s first-rounder for additional picks. The Jets currently have only six selections and gave up their second-rounder this year to move up for Sam Darnold last year.

The Jets, in fact, gave up three third-round picks (as well as the sixth overall pick) in the trade with the Colts. Maccagnan would expect as much in return for the No. 3 choice this year.

To move down, though, the Jets have to find someone willing to trade up. Much depends on what the Cardinals do with the first overall choice, so it’s more likely the Jets could get a deal after Arizona’s pick is made rather than before the draft.

I’ll miss that helmet ?

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Smokescreens within smokescreens! Chaos! Intrigue!

Lol, the double-tap, tag-back.

But seriously, I really think the Jets are going to draft a guy at #3, or trade back and get more picks. 

Possibly trade a player for draft assets. 

If for some reason Bosa falls to us, there is no way that they are trading down. However, if Bosa is gone, I am positive that they will. Furthermore, I think that if the latter scenario unveils, then the trade gates will open and Leonard Williams and/or  Darron Lee may be used to sweeten trade offers. 

4 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

Why in all that is holy would we draft defense if we trade down? Makes zero sense to me

1 minute ago, slimjasi said:

I think if we trade down, we almost certainly take an offensive lineman 

Depends how far and what we get. 

If we go to 5-8 still might go defense and go OLine with the 2nd we get. 

If we go to 15 or so we could go Jonah Williams. 

2 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Very true. Good point. 

If we trade down, my guess would be that we stay inside the top ten

4 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Now reportedly they like Ed Oliver if they don’t trade down because Gregg Williams likes him which makes sense given his type of DL

If the jets trade down the decision goes from Allen or QW to Oliver or Sweat plus I think Metcalf definitely deserves consideration

12 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Jonah Williams will be there in the second

4 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

I actually think the reverse logic is true.  Macc is on a very short leash.  He needs an impact player here

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Wow, you just have no concept of what's important to this team. It's Darnold. Period.

The offensive value in this draft at the top is barren.  The only offensive player I would consider with a top 10 pick is Metcalf

3 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Wow, you just have no concept of what's important to this team. It's Darnold. Period.

Darnold is the most important person to this team in literally decades. And for the next decade.

Building the OLine and surrounding him with weapons is the Prime Directive. 

Just now, Peace Frog said:

Darnold is the most important person to this team in literally decades. And for the next decade.

Building the OLine and surrounding him with weapons is the Prime Directive. 

There’s no brick or Nelson in this draft.  Stop.

We’re not reaching for overrated prospects just cuz OL when our OL wasn’t even that bad last year

22 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Because we have zero pass rush and secondary is barely above average at best

Actually you should do some research our pass rush was middle of the pack in both sacks and pressures. FAR from the gaping hole you seem to think it is.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

Actually you should do some research our pass rush was middle of the pack in both sacks and pressures. FAR from the gaping hole you seem to think it is.

Oh yes Jordan Jenkins with his 7 sacks look out NFL

7 hours ago, slats said:

Probably not really news, but this has been my belief all along. As opposed to what this blurb says, I think he'll take less than the draft pick trade chart to get himself another couple picks - particularly that valuable second rounder. But "determined," feels right to me. 

Report: Jets “determined” to trade down

Posted by Charean Williams on April 19, 2019, 3:04 PM EDT
gettyimages-461896686-e1555700639100.jpg
Getty Images

The Jets have the third overall pick and expect to have one of the top defensive players on the board. That doesn’t mean, though, they will stay put.

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, the Jets seem “determined” to trade down.

While Jets General Manager Mike Maccagnan has said several times he’s “open” to the idea, it appears instead he’s intent on selling the team’s first-rounder for additional picks. The Jets currently have only six selections and gave up their second-rounder this year to move up for Sam Darnold last year.

The Jets, in fact, gave up three third-round picks (as well as the sixth overall pick) in the trade with the Colts. Maccagnan would expect as much in return for the No. 3 choice this year.

To move down, though, the Jets have to find someone willing to trade up. Much depends on what the Cardinals do with the first overall choice, so it’s more likely the Jets could get a deal after Arizona’s pick is made rather than before the draft.

There is zero chance mac gets a equal trade following chart. Especially after broadcasting to league how much he wants to trade down. there is no qb who comes close to topping 4 who came out last yr. there is no once a decade, or 3, rb. Considering how badly we need OL, it wouldn’t be bad to Take a loss, draft a center or tackle in mid first, and take whichever you didn’t pick in the first, in 2nd round in pick we picked up.. 

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

This comes from Ralph Vacchiano, who has been saying this for weeks.

For what its worth, he also said that he heard the Jets weren't interested in and wouldn't sign L Bell and before that one he said that Chris Johnson and Macc were really impressed with M McCarthy and he was their guy, their only guy.

Hope he's right this time

Hmmm he doesn't seem to have a great track record.

Archived