Greg Gabriel: The hot name to the Jets at #3 - Ed Oliver

BCJet

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, its not.  He was a top prospect all along, well before his workout numbers came available.  And those only made it all the more realistic that his skillset will translate into him being an elite pass-rushing DT/3-4 DE.  Only now are the media and fans catching up.

Oliver was the #1 rated HS prospect in the country.  So him being elite is not just something that he developed this year.  Watching this guys combine workout, especially the 3-cone was insane. 

My only issue is that his arm length is in the 5% of interior d lineman.  I realize that none of the college OL could stop him but my guess is that elite tackles would be able to get their hands on him.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Why is QW not allowed to take credit “because Bama” but Jonah Williams is the next Brick even tho they were on the same team?

Is there one person who prefers Oliver to QW who is calling Jonah Williams the next Brick?  Or, did you just make this up?

37 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Oliver was the #1 rated HS prospect in the country.  So him being elite is not just something that he developed this year.  Watching this guys combine workout, especially the 3-cone was insane. 

My only issue is that his arm length is in the 5% of interior d lineman.  I realize that none of the college OL could stop him but my guess is that elite tackles would be able to get their hands on him.

So was Hackenberg....

2 hours ago, Skeptable said:

So was Hackenberg....

Yep.  The only difference between the two was that there was only one person in the entire world that thought Ha k was going to be good - not counting his Mama.  Oliver is going to be a top pick and with comparisons to Aaron Donald, could be elite, right away, in the right system.

29 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Yep.  The only difference between the two was that there was only one person in the entire world that thought Ha k was going to be good - not counting his Mama.  Oliver is going to be a top pick and with comparisons to Aaron Donald, could be elite, right away, in the right system.

Absurd.

Of course mom knew Hackenberg couldn't play.

22 hours ago, Pcola said:

His hands arent active enough from what I've seen, hes better at moving linemen than shedding but admittadely ive not watched all his tape

17 hours ago, CTM said:

His hands arent active enough from what I've seen, hes better at moving linemen than shedding but attmittadely ive not watched all his tape

He was always head up on a guy or at least shaded though. Trying not to get reached as a nose tackle is sort of an exercise in futility. I don't see any reason to think he'll be anything other than great at lining up in the gap and attacking the guard from the outside. We just haven't seen it yet.

Archived