Jump to content

Atlanta Falcons-Quinnen Williams?


choon328

Recommended Posts

https://www.atlantafalcons.com/news/2019-nfl-draft-why-alabama-s-quinnen-williams-could-be-the-falcons-first-round-p

 

Here's a quote from an article on the Falcons website that was posted late yesterday:

 

"Williams is expected to go well before the Falcons pick at No. 14, and he’s been discussed as a potential top-three pick throughout much of the draft process. If the Falcons believe they are one major piece away from become title contenders, however, Williams is one of the few players who could be worth a king’s ransom."

 

The Falcons have made a big jump before when they targeted Julio. Fingers crossed!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

was there supposed to be an article with this or just a thread for half a thought?

Do you know how the internet works? You can click the link and it'll take you to the rest of the article. I quoted the only part of the article that could possibly impact the Jets.

But it's good to know the thread police are out in full force.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I’m Macc I tell them to suck my ass unless they want to give me Julio Jones, #14 and their 2nd.

Bosa/Allen/Oliver/Williams 

One of them should be a Jet as far as I’m concerned unless we get blown away with an offer.

Again, stop going off the deep end over the center position. The Jets aren’t required to pull a trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder just to add a competent starter there. Guys like Jenkins and McGovern could very well still be on the board at the top of the 3rd. And frankly, Harrison didn’t stick out like a sore thumb when they eventually slid Long over to LG.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

If I’m Macc I tell them to suck my ass unless they want to give me Julio Jones, #14 and their 2nd.

Bosa/Allen/Oliver/Williams 

One of them should be a Jet as far as I’m concerned unless we get blown away with an offer.

Again, stop going off the deep end over the center position. The Jets aren’t required to pull a trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder just to add a competent starter there. Guys like Jenkins and McGovern could very well still be on the board at the top of the 3rd. And frankly, Harrison didn’t stick out like a sore thumb when they eventually slid Long over to LG.

Harrison was fine at Center last couple games he is our starter next season 

 

If we do trade down to 14 I want DK Metcalf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Haha, I'm not sure why that would be your inference!

Because he traded up pretty high for a DT once upon a time. Ironically it was a similar type of draft that was very deep in DT's.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

Trading up from #14 into the top 3 to take a defensive tackle would take a lot of balls. 

 

 

I think Dmitrovich has those kind of balls as they did the big trade up for julio jones.

We would need a bit more of a sweetner than 14-49 and next years 1st if you ask me.  Toss in at least one more pick or this year.

In likley hood they will not be picking high next year and being a year out they value those picks point wise as almost a full rounder lower.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, slimjasi said:

He better be. He better be Donald if you are giving up what you would have to give up to move from #14 into the top three. 

That pretty much goes without saying.. Whenever you trade up and give up a ton of picks you better get a great player at whatever position.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Untouchable said:

If I’m Macc I tell them to suck my ass unless they want to give me Julio Jones, #14 and their 2nd.

Bosa/Allen/Oliver/Williams 

One of them should be a Jet as far as I’m concerned unless we get blown away with an offer.

Again, stop going off the deep end over the center position. The Jets aren’t required to pull a trade down and pick up a 2nd rounder just to add a competent starter there. Guys like Jenkins and McGovern could very well still be on the board at the top of the 3rd. And frankly, Harrison didn’t stick out like a sore thumb when they eventually slid Long over to LG.

We are not going to get a even offer, let alone blown away. Just our luck, first yr we don’t need a qb, we are picking 3, and the qb class is very weak. I’m ok with holding at 3, the chance is too risky for Mac messing up later picks that aren’t obvious picks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, RSJ said:

Because he traded up pretty high for a DT once upon a time. Ironically it was a similar type of draft that was very deep in DT's.

 

Ahhh, didn't think about Robertson. 

 

Gotcha. 

So yeah, I guess he does have balls. Unfortunately, brains matter more than balls

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Peace Frog said:

How about they get one f*cking first down or one f*cking stop rather than choking on the biggest dick in history. 

Asshats. 

Watching that SB, it’s mind boggling that with a 100 point lead, their DL couldn’t get close to Brady in the 2nd half. I wonder why.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

We are not going to get a even offer, let alone blown away. Just our luck, first yr we don’t need a qb, we are picking 3, and the qb class is very weak. I’m ok with holding at 3, the chance is too risky for Mac messing up later picks that aren’t obvious picks

QB needy teams ALWAYS reach to procure a QB prospect. It’s always risky but teams often roll the dice. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

QB needy teams ALWAYS reach to procure a QB prospect. It’s always risky but teams often roll the dice. 

Unfortunately not so much anymore. Qbs are playing lot longer now, and starting sooner. So there is more good qbs available,  and not need to be so dependent off draft.. why ever yr there is a folk, Collins, etc.. 10 years ago wouldn’t find them available.. You really have to be in love with a qb to trade the farm for him. Not seeing that this yr. Arizona seems to be only team in love with a qb, and they pick first.. If a team doesn’t want to be committed to a rookie qb they aren’t in love with. If a team trades up for say Haskins this yr, they certainly can’t trade up again next yr when the prospects are coming. It is all good now with darnold, but Mac didn’t really think about taking mohomes 2 years ago because he took hackenberg the year before. Which obviously was just one of his many stupid picks.. 

i think we stay at 3, and maybe even get bosa 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Unfortunately not so much anymore. Qbs are playing lot longer now, and starting sooner. So there is more good qbs available,  and not need to be so dependent off draft.. why ever yr there is a folk, Collins, etc.. 10 years ago wouldn’t find them available.. You really have to be in love with a qb to trade the farm for him. Not seeing that this yr. Arizona seems to be only team in love with a qb, and they pick first.. If a team doesn’t want to be committed to a rookie qb they aren’t in love with. If a team trades up for say Haskins this yr, they certainly can’t trade up again next yr when the prospects are coming. It is all good now with darnold, but Mac didn’t really think about taking mohomes 2 years ago because he took hackenberg the year before. Which obviously was just one of his many stupid picks.. 

i think we stay at 3, and maybe even get bosa 

I respectfully disagree. There’s always a couple teams that will trade up to grab a QB. We only need one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Mac is a Tool said:

Thats not nowhere near enough 

the market was set last yr for 1 and 3 2nd rounders. So why would we take less. Remember that one was at 6. Sorry but t1srt rounders and 2 2nd rounders is the starting point with a team outside of the top 8

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...