CRAZY THOUGHTS: BRADY TO THE GIANTS?

flgreen

2019 is the last year of Tom Brady's contract with the NE Patriots.  In 2020 he will be an UFA.

I've read several times that Brady has said he wants to play for a few more years. I really haven't read anything about any kind of an extension being offered to him by the Pats.

Even a diminishing Brady, Barkley combination would be very scary.  Just a thought.  LOL 

Serious question. 

Why would that be a “cap” to his career. 

Nobody gives a half baked crap about the Giants other than Giant fans. 

Do you think this adds anything to his legacy?

It’s like pathetic Knick fans whining on talk radio “if Lebron/KD/whomever won a championship for the Knicks he’d be a legennnnndddddd”. 

They are already legends.

No. Winning for the Knicks or the Giants means zero for the legacy of already legendary players. 

It only means something to Knick or Giant fans.  

22 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Meant that for you. ^^

A year or so ago there was a lot of talk about a fracture in NE between Brady and Lil Bill.  On this board alone their have been many debates about where Lil Bill would be without Brady.

Both these guys have monster egos.  The very reason you mentioned, the Giants have beaten the Pats twice in the Super Bowl is a reason that Might draw Brady to the Giants.

Lets face it, NYC is NYC.  Still the media center of the world.  

Think it would be very tempting for Brady next year if the Giants use 6 and 17 well.  

On your comment about only Giant fans think that way, I've been a Jets fan a Very long time.

Certainly not saying this WILL  happen, but IMO it's got a fair chance.  I'm Gentleman, trade cheap for Rosen, throw the checkbook at Brady for 2 years

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Perhaps, But great QB's with giant ego's often go out hard7c25da81114fa9d77cba99b2b884a282.jpg

Totally agree-- there have been quite a few, I think Peyton being the latest. I just can't see it. I can see them taking a QB in this draft or next though.

2019 is the last year of Tom Brady's contract with the NE Patriots.  In 2020 he will be an UFA.
I've read several times that Brady has said he wants to play for a few more years. I really haven't read anything about any kind of an extension being offered to him by the Pats.
Even a diminishing Brady, Barkley combination would be very scary.  Just a thought.  LOL 

The only thing worse than him beating us with the Pats would be him beating us with the giants! Hells no!!

No way

As much as Jets fans hate the fact, the only QB that you could possibly put ahead of Brady all-time is Montana.

As much as I hate his guts, he will absolutely be remembered as one of the true giants in American sports history alongside Jordan, Ali, Ruth, Montana, Rice, Jeter, etc.

As long as he can throw a ball 20+ yards and is still consistently making plays late in games, the Pats have no reason to move off of Brady. He’ll never play elsewhere. He’ll play for two more years in New England, very possibly win a 7th Super Bowl as much as I despise the thought, and then ride off into the sunset.

And then Darnold and the Jets proceed to run the division until 2037.

16 minutes ago, Legend Killa7 said:

The only thing worse than him beating us with the Pats would be him beating us with the giants! Hells no!!

Yeah

I didn't say he was going to win, I'm just thinking this is a possibility.

Actually I'd like to see it.  IMO Brady was GREAT.  Also IMO, he's very close to done.  He just isn't close to realizing it

Edit:  Barkley is a MAJOR, consideration in this match up

As long as Bob Kraft is alive and Tom Brady wants to play he will be a Pat

even if Belichick threatens to leave which he won’t unless he knows he’s going to another team with a great qb he doesn’t want to tarnish his legacy and the media’s asskissery of him

7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

As long as Bob Kraft is alive and Tom Brady wants to play he will be a Pat

even if Belichick threatens to leave which he won’t unless he knows he’s going to another team with a great qb he doesn’t want to tarnish his legacy and the media’s asskissery of him

So you suspect that Gisele is giving Bob massage's ?   Hummmm, that is a consideration 

3 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Brady would suck outside new England just like every other qb who looked great there and left.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

That could be the reason why he would try it.. he has accomplished way beyond any hof could dream of. Only thing that could remotely challenge him is if he wanted to prove he could win outside of bb’s shadow. I think it’s too late for that now tho 

35 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Six rings but he needs to “cap” his career by going to a lousy team with lousy coaching in the hopes that it might turn it around in the limited time that he has left. Makes sense to me.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

But it’s the GIANTS. 

You know, the GIANTS.

No one knows who he is now.

But the GIANTS will make him legendary. 

1. This thread is awesome.

2. Being on the west coast has its advantages (I get to read this s**t at 11:45PM Pacific Time while the wife is asleep)

3. I'm drunk and Tom Brady isn't being traded to the Giants.  I was at that first SB and I've already watched Eli win a SB about 20 yard from where I was sitting at SB XLII.  The best/worst day of my life.

4. It's time to move on.  Get Brady and Eli out of this league.

Archived