Would you guys lose your sh*t if Macc traded back to 15?

I'm keeping an open mind - having your heart set on one particular outcome usually leads to disappointment.

So if we stay at 3 and pick a defensive stud, fine. If we trade down and grab a 2nd tier pass rusher and o-lineman, happy.

Just so long as we don't come out of the draft thinking ... huh?? :-) 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

Love the trade back idea. The compensation is the big thing though. Having a 2nd rounder this year would be awesome. Especially if you are looking for a Center.

Add in a first next year and I would be  happy. Add in some kind of trading for Frank Clark and signing him long term would make it even better. 

Gotta be an absolute haul to drop that far

#3 for #15,46 a 2020 1 and 2 works for me. Swing #46 to Seattle for Frank Clark.

#15-Bradbury

#46-Traded for Clark

CB and WR in the 3rd and we're cooking. Give me the best C in the draft and one of the best edge rushers in the league all day 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

43 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Obviously he'd have to take less than what these stupid charts demand but let's just say it includes a 2 & 3 and picks in next years draft. Go to any Mock Draft & you will find 6-7 players you'd be happy with at 15. Plus we could target a Center at #2 and could own the 3rd with three picks including that very high 3rd.

Players that might be at 15 could be DK Metcalf, Andre Dillard, Rashan Gary, Chris Lindstrom, Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Jaylon Ferguson, Erik McCoy, Deandre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Dexter Lawrence, Byron Murphy, Cody Ford, Garrett Bradbury, Noah Fant, Jeffery Simmons, AJ Brown.

Obviously, no one knows who will be available but this list gives you a good idea. When I look at this list, I would trade back AGAIN for more draft picks including setting us up beautifully in 2020. We have our QB, what's wrong with getting Brian Burns at 15 & trading back up for Garrett Bradbury? Would you be pumped heading into the 2nd round with Burns & Bradbury? And still have 2 third rounders including our high 3rd? 

I would rather start the draft like that instead of just one player at #3 of Allen, Bosa or QW. After the 1st we could have an edge rusher & a 10 year Center for Darnold with a 2nd & 2 or 3 thirds to come. It would be a Belichick type move that in this deep draft could propel the Jets into a contender. 

Not at all.  I'd probably be happy if we traded down to 15 (obviously depending on what we get back).

Im personally in the camp of trade down no matter what even if its "less then what the chart says" but to go from 3 to 15 it would have to include a second 1st round pick.  

If we were to get a 2020 first, along with 2nd and 3rd round picks this year we can come away with a center and 4 other quality players.  Ideally, we would use the 3rds to move up in round 2 to get a OT like Bowser to develop for a year, edge player like Winovich, DL like Zach Allen, or even take an edge like Montez Sweat at 15 and then move up for McCoy at the top of the second.

A group like above, combined with 2 first round picks in a QB heavy draft would be great for the organization IF we hit on the picks.  With 3 QBs likely going in the top 5/10 next year there will be good position players falling for us to scoop up

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Obviously he'd have to take less than what these stupid charts demand but let's just say it includes a 2 & 3 and picks in next years draft. Go to any Mock Draft & you will find 6-7 players you'd be happy with at 15. Plus we could target a Center at #2 and could own the 3rd with three picks including that very high 3rd.

Players that might be at 15 could be DK Metcalf, Andre Dillard, Rashan Gary, Chris Lindstrom, Brian Burns, Devin Bush, Jaylon Ferguson, Erik McCoy, Deandre Baker, Clelin Ferrell, Dexter Lawrence, Byron Murphy, Cody Ford, Garrett Bradbury, Noah Fant, Jeffery Simmons, AJ Brown.

Obviously, no one knows who will be available but this list gives you a good idea. When I look at this list, I would trade back AGAIN for more draft picks including setting us up beautifully in 2020. We have our QB, what's wrong with getting Brian Burns at 15 & trading back up for Garrett Bradbury? Would you be pumped heading into the 2nd round with Burns & Bradbury? And still have 2 third rounders including our high 3rd? 

I would rather start the draft like that instead of just one player at #3 of Allen, Bosa or QW. After the 1st we could have an edge rusher & a 10 year Center for Darnold with a 2nd & 2 or 3 thirds to come. It would be a Belichick type move that in this deep draft could propel the Jets into a contender. 

yes if we can get a top five #1 for next year. This draft is light topside, the value is in the middle. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1. Next year’s first round picks are going to be more valuable than picks in this first round because there are only three really good players in this first round. In fact, the savvy/ballsy/genius move is to trade down in exchange for a first in 2021, which will be the Trevor Lawrence draft, when half the teams in the league will be flagrantly tanking games. 

2. Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter what Macc does because he sucks and the franchise isn’t going to move forward until he’s replaced by Heimerdinger or someone else. 

3. The generous caveat to point 3 being this: the Jets drafted humble, non-confrontational weaklings as a concession to Bowles being afraid of strong personalities. Does this change with Gase as head coach? If we draft Quinnen Williams who, by all accounts, is a nice kid and the de facto BPA, it would indicate that nothing has changed and the organization is stuck in quicksand. But if they took a chance on Oliver or traded out for Montez Sweat, it’d mark a shift in philosophy, imo.

4. Maccagnan is a dead man walking and is boxed in from all sides. He’s got two extremely prideful coaches who won’t be afraid to knife him, he’s got a temp owner who has to be aware of the dollars he’s wasted on a string of losing seasons, and he’s got a pack of young, technocratic personnel guys ready to stage a coup if/when the team is sub-.500 again. Add in the increasingly adversarial relationship the Jets are creating among the beat writers, and Macc won’t find help from his usual propagandists, either. And the big factor is that there’s a solid chance Woody Johnson returns from helping to deliver the UK over to Elizabeth Hurley's control, and even that dolt is going to wonder why nothing has changed since he’s been exiled. 

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

1. Next year’s first round picks are going to be more valuable than picks in this first round because there are only three really good players in this first round. In fact, the savvy/ballsy/genius move is to trade down in exchange for a first in 2021, which will be the Trevor Lawrence draft, when half the teams in the league will be flagrantly tanking games. 

2. Ultimately, it doesn’t really matter what Macc does because he sucks and the franchise isn’t going to move forward until he’s replaced by Heimerdinger or someone else. 

3. The generous caveat to point 3 being this: the Jets drafted humble, non-confrontational weaklings as a concession to Bowles being afraid of strong personalities. Does this change with Gase as head coach? If we draft Quinnen Williams who, by all accounts, is a nice kid and the de facto BPA, it would indicate that nothing has changed and the organization is stuck in quicksand. But if they took a chance on Oliver or traded out for Montez Sweat, it’d mark a shift in philosophy, imo.

4. Maccagnan is a dead man walking and is boxed in from all sides. He’s got two extremely prideful coaches who won’t be afraid to knife him, he’s got a temp owner who has to be aware of the dollars he’s wasted on a string of losing seasons, and he’s got a pack of young, technocratic personnel guys ready to stage a coup if/when the team is sub-.500 again. Add in the increasingly adversarial relationship the Jets are creating among the beat writers, and Macc won’t find help from his usual propagandists, either. And the big factor is that there’s a solid chance Woody Johnson returns from helping to deliver the UK over to Elizabeth Hurley's control, and even that dolt is going to wonder why nothing has changed since he’s been exiled. 

You suffer from Macc Derangement Syndrome. 

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Only if we got Washington's first next year too, which could be a good one.

• Upvote 1

15 seems too far to move back to.  i wouldn't care much if they came out of the draft with one of the top offensive centers and one of the top offensive tackles. 

I'm fairly confident in Macs ability to win a trade idt he'll get fleeced for #3, I'm just worried about who he'll draft if we do trade down his draft record is atrocious but I'll give credit where it's due the guys a wizard when it comes to trades. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Because I’m a loser, here’s what two drafts on first-pick look like. One is with a trade down to 1.13 (whatever) where the return is Miami’s* 1-2-3 picks. The other is if you hold firm. 

*Obviously we wouldn’t be trading with Miami and obviously the return isn’t substantial enough. Shut up.

No trade: 

1.3 Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

3.4 Justin Layne, CB, Mich State

3.29 Bobby Evans, OT, Oklahoma

4.3 Miles Boykin, WR, Notre Dame

6.23 Kendall Sheffield, CB, Ohio State

7.3 Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor 

With trade:

1.13 Andre Dillard, OT, Washington St

2.16 Elgton Jenkins, C, Miss State

3.4 Julian Love, CB, Notre Dame

3.19 David Long, CB, Michigan

3.29 Riley Ridley, WR, Georgia

4.3 Christian Miller, OLB, Alabama

6.23 Jalen Hurd, WR, Baylor

7.3 Shareef Miller, OLB, Penn State

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

I could be pleased with a theoretical trade back that would give the Jets the opportunity to avoid drafting "edge" at #3, and would provide us with multiple picks we could use (without so much criticism) to draft more vital pieces on offense.

For example, if we trade to #15, we could possibly get:

#15 - T.J. Hockenson, Iowa, TE.  A potentially massive pass-catching weapon for Darnold, and something we still need given the overall weakness of our WR corps (out top 3 are in the bottom half on the NFL talent wise).  This pick would make me feel much better about our offense's weapons going forward.

2nd Round - Acquired as part of trade down, Garrett Bradbury, NC State, Center.  A vital need IMO, and a very solid choice to potentially fill that need for the next decade.

3rd Round - We'd have 2-3 picks here, and I could envision an EDGE prospect, a CB and another O-Lineman here.

If we walked away from this draft with that, I think I'd be happy.  Our offense would be much improved, I'd feel much better about protecting Darnold, and the weapons we'd provide him, and as I've said, I simply think it's time for NY Jets mentality to change now under Darnold, to put Offense > Defense for really the first time in 30 years, to stack that O with all the talent we can, and really build behind Darnold to best support his chance to succeed.

My dream is to see our Jets show a truly modern, high-powered, high-scoring NFL offense that can and regularly does shoot-out it's opponents offensively.  I'd rather win games in 2019 41-38 than lose them (as we have for years) 17-9.

I respect that others do not share this opinion, and prefer to continue our longstanding focus of defense above all else and chasing the dragon on elite edge.  As I said the other day, I control none of this, so I refuse to invest emotionally in it.  We will pick who we pick.  The above is simply my preference.

At the end of the day, I do not believe there will be a trade down, and I believe we will draft a DL or EDGE player.  I just hope it's not like the last 5-6 high 1st round picks on the DL/EDGE we've made, none of whom worked out here.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Trading back to 15 with the Redskins is the ideal landing spot IMO. We can easily target an offensive lineman there and the Redskins are likely to give us a haul.

We'd need to get quite the haul to move all the way down to #15.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

15 - T.J. Hockenson, Iowa, TE

I’m not sure I understand the fascination with Hockenson around here. Herndon is pretty solid, and Enunwa and Crowder do all of their work underneath besides. Hockenson isn’t a Gronkowski-type prospect in terms of size or athleticism, so I don’t get why he’s reached this mythological status among Jets fans all of a sudden.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

Obviously he'd have to take less than what these stupid charts demand

Why?  Are you trading just to trade? 

Three to 15 is a huge drop.  the draft isn't light at the top, we can walk away with a game changer at 3.  I'm not dropping just to say we did and walk away with a couple of extra question marks

16 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’m not sure I understand the fascination with Hockenson around here. Herndon is pretty solid, and Enunwa and Crowder do all of their work underneath besides. Hockenson isn’t a Gronkowski-type prospect in terms of size or athleticism, so I don’t get why he’s reached this mythological status among Jets fans all of a sudden.

FWIW, and we saw it in our own mock a few weeks back, TE is a very, very deep position this year.  WR's too.