Jump to content

James Holzhauer on Jeopardy


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing to do with guts.  It’s a small number, but as always, the optimal bet.  The most he could have finished with was $46,800 she ended with $46,801. He bet enough to win if she didn’t bet or didn’

^^^ 100% correct. I dont think he ever made the wrong bet throughout his run. Last night his opponent got the doubles she needed and made the right bets also. Pretty sure he knew it was over

They never did get the smile right....

Posted Images

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

He keeps winning and betting big. 

People playing him are dumb. He goes for every category for $1000 at a breakneck pace and bets huge in Daily doubles. 

 

Opponent are like "Ooh, gee Alex...Ill take TV Characters for $100...."

LOL..They deserve to be destroyed.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

People playing him are dumb. He goes for every category for $1000 at a breakneck pace and bets huge in Daily doubles. 

 

Opponent are like "Ooh, gee Alex...Ill take TV Characters for $100...."

LOL..They deserve to be destroyed.

By the end of the “week” people start figuring it out. 

Today was a good game.  It’s become our dinner watching show the last two weeks. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, PS17 said:

Anyone following this guy? He’s shattering all of the records. Three highest single day winnings in show history, all above $100k.

 

https://es.pn/2VQC8QZ

Yeah we watch him every night. He knows his sh*t about a ton of different subjects. Older guy nearly knocked him off the other nite losing by only $18 bucks I think.  The wife and I just find him a little "odd".

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Kleckineau said:

Guy is unbelievable. 

He is a pro sports bettor.

Previous 1 game record was 77K and it stood for years. 

Makes it look too easy.

 

I know it's usually over after 5 questions when he's up by $5,000 to zip.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2019 at 11:39 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

People playing him are dumb. He goes for every category for $1000 at a breakneck pace and bets huge in Daily doubles. 

 

Opponent are like "Ooh, gee Alex...Ill take TV Characters for $100...."

LOL..They deserve to be destroyed.

Most correct. Newbies are a little timid/ nervous at first which is understandable. He quickly nails the $1000 questions and the newbies are in a $5K hole right out the box. The other night he blew the 1st question and he was in a $1K hole. We were shocked. Of course it didn't last long.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, PS17 said:

Anyone following this guy? He’s shattering all of the records. Three highest single day winnings in show history, all above $100k.

 

https://es.pn/2VQC8QZ

First saw him on a game show my family and I watch called “The Chase.” It puts three people up against Oxford trained mathematics professor and quizzing champion Marck Lambert aka The Beast

James team obviously beat him with James answering close to 90% questions by himself. Guy is beyond brilliant and yes his speed buzzingng  was one of the craziest things about him. He has almost instant recall 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yeah we watch him every night. He knows his sh*t about a ton of different subjects. Older guy nearly knocked him off the other nite losing by only $18 bucks I think.  The wife and I just find him a little "odd".

Oh, that boy is off all right, but he also has incredible, instantaneous recall and is ridiculous on the buzzer. Trivia/knowledge-wise I can usually hang with him (as can most jeopardy contestants), but his recall has zero lag time and he is savant-like with the puzzle categories (anagrams, etc). Its almost a waste that hes using his gifts in such a crap pursuit as "sports gambler". I bet some think tanks like Rand will be giving him a call....

The old guy was really good and clearly understood how to play him, but was not as quick on the buzzer. 

 

Its going to be a hell of a player that knocks him off.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh, that boy is off all right, but he also has incredible, instantaneous recall and is ridiculous on the buzzer. Trivia/knowledge-wise I can usually hang with him (as can most jeopardy contestants), but his recall has zero lag time and he is savant-like with the puzzle categories (anagrams, etc). Its almost a waste that hes using his gifts in such a crap pursuit as "sports gambler". I bet some think tanks like Rand will be giving him a call....

The old guy was really good and clearly understood how to play him, but was not as quick on the buzzer. 

 

Its going to be a hell of a player that knocks him off.

He may own the show before that happens :0)

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, Thai Jet said:

Yeah we watch him every night. He knows his sh*t about a ton of different subjects. Older guy nearly knocked him off the other nite losing by only $18 bucks I think.  The wife and I just find him a little "odd".

A little odd?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Thai Jet said:

I was trying to be kind. I thought fu**ing weirdo might be a tad strong....perhaps not.

Lol, he is  genius most are quirky just that smile alone. I mean look at the Johnson family they turned bandaids into a hobby called the Jets.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Watching Teachers Tournament is like Jeopardy Special Olympics. Its pathetic. People wonder why our schools are failing? Watch Jeopardy "Teachers Week".....lol.

 

Sad.

these guys are so bad compared to the new master.  

looking forward to next week - he might be able to get to 2mm by end of next week if he keeps winning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair every thing they need to teach is in the syllabus.

They dont need to be rocket scientists.

The best teachers are motivators and confidence builders.

I am really rooting for Holzhauer to pass Jennings however I doubt he would be any good as a teacher.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

To be fair every thing they need to teach is in the syllabus.

They dont need to be rocket scientists.

The best teachers are motivators and confidence builders.

I am really rooting for Holzhauer to pass Jennings however I doubt he would be any good as a teacher.

3 Teachers didn't know the name of NATOs adversarial organization during the Cold War. It made me sad. 

"This organization was created at the height of the Cold War in response to the NATO Alliance in 1955"

 

Two answered "The USSR"...

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I'm pretty sure Google would beat them all.

 I've made final cut for jeopardy twice just didn't get picked for the show. I was very useful in the time before Google...

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

 I've made final cut for jeopardy twice just didn't get picked for the show. I was very useful in the time before Google...

That's awesome.  You're like our own resident Cliff Clavin.

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Watching Teachers Tournament is like Jeopardy Special Olympics. Its pathetic. People wonder why our schools are failing? Watch Jeopardy "Teachers Week".....lol.

 

Sad.

Most teachers are getting paid about the same as a manager at McDonalds - and people wonder why schools are failing?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, peebag said:

Most teachers are getting paid about the same as a manager at McDonalds - and people wonder why schools are failing?

But if they raised the pay and minimum qualifications, most of the people teaching would have to work at McDonalds...so... lol

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

3 Teachers didn't know the name of NATOs adversarial organization during the Cold War. It made me sad. 

"This organization was created at the height of the Cold War in response to the NATO Alliance in 1955"

 

Two answered "The USSR"...

 

 

God bless the kids.  What did the third answer

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

 I've made final cut for jeopardy twice just didn't get picked for the show. I was very useful in the time before Google...

My kids ask me how we survived without google to answer question and give directions.  When they found out google owned YouTube also heads exploded. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...