James Holzhauer on Jeopardy

PS17

1 hour ago, batman10023 said:

He keeps winning and betting big. 

People playing him are dumb. He goes for every category for $1000 at a breakneck pace and bets huge in Daily doubles. 

Opponent are like "Ooh, gee Alex...Ill take TV Characters for $100...."

LOL..They deserve to be destroyed.

• Sympathy 1

22 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

People playing him are dumb. He goes for every category for $1000 at a breakneck pace and bets huge in Daily doubles. 

By the end of the “week” people start figuring it out. 

Today was a good game.  It’s become our dinner watching show the last two weeks. 

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, PS17 said:

Anyone following this guy? He’s shattering all of the records. Three highest single day winnings in show history, all above $100k.

https://es.pn/2VQC8QZ

Yeah we watch him every night. He knows his sh*t about a ton of different subjects. Older guy nearly knocked him off the other nite losing by only $18 bucks I think.  The wife and I just find him a little "odd".

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 4:08 PM, Kleckineau said:

Guy is unbelievable. 

He is a pro sports bettor.

Previous 1 game record was 77K and it stood for years. 

Makes it look too easy.

I know it's usually over after 5 questions when he's up by $5,000 to zip.

On 4/28/2019 at 11:39 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Most correct. Newbies are a little timid/ nervous at first which is understandable. He quickly nails the $1000 questions and the newbies are in a $5K hole right out the box. The other night he blew the 1st question and he was in a $1K hole. We were shocked. Of course it didn't last long.

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2019 at 2:05 PM, PS17 said:

Anyone following this guy? He’s shattering all of the records. Three highest single day winnings in show history, all above $100k.

https://es.pn/2VQC8QZ

First saw him on a game show my family and I watch called “The Chase.” It puts three people up against Oxford trained mathematics professor and quizzing champion Marck Lambert aka The Beast

James team obviously beat him with James answering close to 90% questions by himself. Guy is beyond brilliant and yes his speed buzzingng  was one of the craziest things about him. He has almost instant recall 

• Sympathy 1

54 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

Yeah we watch him every night. He knows his sh*t about a ton of different subjects. Older guy nearly knocked him off the other nite losing by only $18 bucks I think.  The wife and I just find him a little "odd".

Oh, that boy is off all right, but he also has incredible, instantaneous recall and is ridiculous on the buzzer. Trivia/knowledge-wise I can usually hang with him (as can most jeopardy contestants), but his recall has zero lag time and he is savant-like with the puzzle categories (anagrams, etc). Its almost a waste that hes using his gifts in such a crap pursuit as "sports gambler". I bet some think tanks like Rand will be giving him a call....

The old guy was really good and clearly understood how to play him, but was not as quick on the buzzer. 

Its going to be a hell of a player that knocks him off.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Oh, that boy is off all right, but he also has incredible, instantaneous recall and is ridiculous on the buzzer. Trivia/knowledge-wise I can usually hang with him (as can most jeopardy contestants), but his recall has zero lag time and he is savant-like with the puzzle categories (anagrams, etc). Its almost a waste that hes using his gifts in such a crap pursuit as "sports gambler". I bet some think tanks like Rand will be giving him a call....

The old guy was really good and clearly understood how to play him, but was not as quick on the buzzer. 

Its going to be a hell of a player that knocks him off.

He may own the show before that happens :0)

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2019 at 10:42 AM, Thai Jet said:

A little odd?

Just now, Thai Jet said:

I was trying to be kind. I thought fu**ing weirdo might be a tad strong....perhaps not.

Lol, he is  genius most are quirky just that smile alone. I mean look at the Johnson family they turned bandaids into a hobby called the Jets.

• Haha 1

On 5/10/2019 at 9:51 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Watching Teachers Tournament is like Jeopardy Special Olympics. Its pathetic. People wonder why our schools are failing? Watch Jeopardy "Teachers Week".....lol.

Sad.

these guys are so bad compared to the new master.  

looking forward to next week - he might be able to get to 2mm by end of next week if he keeps winning.

To be fair every thing they need to teach is in the syllabus.

They dont need to be rocket scientists.

The best teachers are motivators and confidence builders.

I am really rooting for Holzhauer to pass Jennings however I doubt he would be any good as a teacher.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

To be fair every thing they need to teach is in the syllabus.

They dont need to be rocket scientists.

The best teachers are motivators and confidence builders.

I am really rooting for Holzhauer to pass Jennings however I doubt he would be any good as a teacher.

3 Teachers didn't know the name of NATOs adversarial organization during the Cold War. It made me sad. 

"This organization was created at the height of the Cold War in response to the NATO Alliance in 1955"

Two answered "The USSR"...

• Upvote 1

On 5/10/2019 at 8:51 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Watching Teachers Tournament is like Jeopardy Special Olympics. Its pathetic. People wonder why our schools are failing? Watch Jeopardy "Teachers Week".....lol.

Sad.

Most teachers are getting paid about the same as a manager at McDonalds - and people wonder why schools are failing?

• Sympathy 1

30 minutes ago, peebag said:

Most teachers are getting paid about the same as a manager at McDonalds - and people wonder why schools are failing?

But if they raised the pay and minimum qualifications, most of the people teaching would have to work at McDonalds...so... lol

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2019 at 8:55 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

3 Teachers didn't know the name of NATOs adversarial organization during the Cold War. It made me sad. 

"This organization was created at the height of the Cold War in response to the NATO Alliance in 1955"

Two answered "The USSR"...

God bless the kids.  What did the third answer

6 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

I've made final cut for jeopardy twice just didn't get picked for the show. I was very useful in the time before Google...

My kids ask me how we survived without google to answer question and give directions.  When they found out google owned YouTube also heads exploded. 

• Haha 1