James Holzhauer on Jeopardy

PS17

On 5/17/2019 at 6:29 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

Per my wife, I look like I either want to murder or arrest everyone I meet. Its just my face.......lol

20190517_183216.jpg.67fb0ee794532e5756dcc54912785774.jpg

Dude! I get the same thing from my wife whenever I wear sunglasses!

She literally makes me try them on to tell me the ones that don’t make me look scary. Kid you not. 

015E6581-9E70-47B4-B8C4-787628973DE9.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

She literally makes me try them on to tell me the ones that don’t make me look scary. Kid you not. 

Goatee and shaved head adds a +15 intimidation factor. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

She literally makes me try them on to tell me the ones that don’t make me look scary. Kid you not

God damn the sex appeal.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Ken's win streak was absolutely nuts because he did it for so long. I don't think James will match that win streak.

However, James is definitely the better player, because he's maximizing the amount of money he's winning.

Either way, it's really fun watching him play. When I was younger watching with my parents, I always wondered why people didn't start from the bottom and work their way up, and why people were so timid with their bets in various situations, so it's really fun to see someone actually do that.

• Upvote 1

On 5/17/2019 at 6:02 PM, peebag said:

Most teachers are getting paid about the same as a manager at McDonalds - and people wonder why schools are failing?

Yet the cost of education keeps going up and results are not improving.  The problem is politicians and administration along with no competition.

15 hours ago, batman10023 said:

He has the highest twelve scores. Unreal

He had a bad night last night only 70K.

I think the show purposely put the Olivia Munn clone hottie next to him last night to try and distract him.

Also, they know he selects the $1000  boxes first so they are putting daily doubles there so he gets them early before he has enough capital to bet big.

This guy is so good they may have to make huge offer for him to retire undefeated so the show doesnt jump the shark.

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I think the show purposely put the Olivia Munn clone hottie next to him last night to try and distract him.

Also, they know he selects the $1000  boxes first so they are putting daily doubles there so he gets them early before he has enough capital to bet big.

This guy is so good they may have to make huge offer for him to retire undefeated so the show doesnt jump the shark.

The dude tonight,.Nate, gave him a run tonight but he blew it with a hedge bet on the daily double while well ahead. Could have put it away, but he got scared, got the bet, but not enough. Gave Watson breathing room,  cooled off the mainframe, and away it went.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

The dude tonight,.Nate, gave him a run tonight but he blew it with a hedge bet on the daily double while well ahead. Could have put it away, but he got scared, got the bet, but not enough. Gave Watson breathing room,  cooled off the mainframe, and away it went.

I thought James was going to lose after the guy the daily double.  He bets big and he wins. 

6 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

She was very cute 

• Upvote 1

On 5/23/2019 at 2:18 PM, Kleckineau said:

Why?  The other guy won 74 games in a row.  He's only at 31.  What's the big deal?  It is generating more interest for them.

He openly lobbied last week for any MLB team that would be interested in him, he would like to talk. Baseball is so much more anaytics driven than football right now.
Yes he will end up in MLB for sure. The big data movement is coming to football too. In 10 years guys like Gregg Williams will be dinosaurs and the hard coordinator will be a 16 year old with a Madden controller who doesn't know what a football looks like lol. It is pretty much happened already on offense.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

58 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yes he will end up in MLB for sure. The big data movement is coming to football too. In 10 years guys like Gregg Williams will be dinosaurs and the hard coordinator will be a 16 year old with a Madden controller who doesn't know what a football looks like lol. It is pretty much happened already on offense.

Sent from my XT1650 using JetNation.com mobile app

20190601_112859.jpg.443edc7cbf1dd832c7cf074d2ee8da3e.jpg

• Upvote 1

On 6/1/2019 at 7:08 AM, Scott Dierking said:

He openly lobbied last week for any MLB team that would be interested in him, he would like to talk. Baseball is so much more anaytics driven than football right now.

He went to H.S. with my daughter, Dierk. Inside word has it that he's already talked to a couple of MLB teams after expressing the desire and has offers in place. We'll see.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

He will now have to settle for having the top 9 or 10 one day best ever cash winnings.

I suspect in the future Jeopardy will have a super match with him, Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter participating.

it's unfortunate that this got leaked

• Upvote 1

On 5/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, greenwichjetfan said:

Ken's win streak was absolutely nuts because he did it for so long. I don't think James will match that win streak.

However, James is definitely the better player, because he's maximizing the amount of money he's winning.

Either way, it's really fun watching him play. When I was younger watching with my parents, I always wondered why people didn't start from the bottom and work their way up, and why people were so timid with their bets in various situations, so it's really fun to see someone actually do that.

Well I was only partially right. He didn’t even come close to Ken’s streak. Ken’s trivia knowledge was unparalleled, and was the closest thing we’ll see to the Watson in human form. However, as I mentioned before, James was the better player because he maximized his earnings and basically beat people just by getting so far on top of them so early that there wasn’t much room for them to catch up. I suspect his big bets on daily doubles will have been his downfall too. Will find out tonight.

24 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Well I was only partially right. He didn’t even come close to Ken’s streak. Ken’s trivia knowledge was unparalleled, and was the closest thing we’ll see to the Watson in human form. However, as I mentioned before, James was the better player because he maximized his earnings and basically beat people just by getting so far on top of them so early that there wasn’t much room for them to catch up. I suspect his big bets on daily doubles will have been his downfall too. Will find out tonight.

He was trailing going into Final Jeopardy tonite. He was smartly aggressive putting people thousands of $$ behind him after just 4-5 questions.