Ignore rumors and study history

11 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

No because the GM makes the picks.  Coaches coach

Feedback doesn't equal making picks.

Passing out an opinion once has almost as much to do with it as that it was back in 2001, 2 or 3

There are interviews available on the internet of Maccagnan discussing with Gase what types of players the latter likes at different positions. I guess Maccagnan was just trying to make small talk with Gase. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, maury77 said:

There are interviews available on the internet of Maccagnan discussing with Gase what types of players the latter likes at different positions. I guess Maccagnan was just trying to make small talk with Gase. 

And still no one gets that all the discussion in the world doesn't change the fact that ultimately it's Macc call.  Yes, if he can't make up his mind between players and a HC favors one it becomes more of an option.  That's not its Gases call.  

And still doesn't answer the claim that we can get insight into the draft board looking at who the Bills drafted in 01-03 when our D.C. was their HC.  

On 4/20/2019 at 12:38 PM, maury77 said:

Between Gase & Williams, they drafted 6 interior DL over 6 drafts. The earliest selection was Ron Edwards, a 3rd rounder in 2001. 

They picked 4 edge rushers over 6 drafts, BUT all 4 were selected in the 1st and 2nd rounds. 

As far as OL, I'm only going to look at Gase because Williams is the DC now. Gase drafted 2 OL in 3 drafts, with Tunsil being the highest selection in round 1. 

Now, does all of this mean that Oliver or QW won't be the pick at 3? Of course not. However, a tiger never changes its stripes and, historically, both Gase and Williams seem to value edge rushers over interior DLs in the draft. 

Take what a draft gives you!

In this case it’s Edge and interior DL. I think Gregg probably feels he can improve the play of Leo Williams, but when he looks at the outside he sees nothing...nada...zilch.

If the Jets stay at 3 and either Bosa or Allen are there I think one of them would be the pick. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Take what a draft gives you!
In this case it’s Edge and interior DL. I think Gregg probably feels he can improve the play of Leo Williams, but when he looks at the outside he sees nothing...nada...zilch.
If the Jets stay at 3 and either Bosa or Allen are there I think one of them would be the pick. 

I hope so man, I’m really down that they might pick an interior DL at 3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, maury77 said:

I guess the part where he's got contractual control over the roster is just boilerplate gap-filler.

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

None of this structure business has a thing to do with GMs make the picks.  Or makes any sense.  Because Gase talks to Chris Johnson he makes the picks how?  Because CJ makes the picks now?  The complaint is that the HC doesnt talk to the GM so how does that get turned into the HC can influence the pick more than elsewhere where the HC talks to the GM.  What?  Also never understood the crazy idea that because the HC talks to the owner he doesnt talk with the GM sonehow, which we know isnt trueBecause Gase won't play him? And no other HC could do this because?  He wants to get fired?  Wants to lose games by  not playing his best players? 

How does any of this turn into the HC will start a rebellion and not play players the GM selects.  Or why any HC couldnt do the same.  Risk his job by not playing his best players and help win games is good for him.

And what does any of this have to do with the topic I was discussing, with thinking who the Bills drafted when Williams was the HC 01-03 has to do with the Jets?

Look, I can’t help that you don’t understand how an organization’s hierarchy works.  When the HC reports to the GM, there is a clear line.  Yes, both HC and GM want to work together, but BOTH know who the boss is.  

When neither one of them report to each other, I can see them (especially the GM) going out of his way to make sure they are working together.  

I didn’t bother reading your whole post because it didn’t make any damn sense.  Either re-read my original post or, if this topic is above your competency level, then don’t post in the thread.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Pcola said:

I didn’t bother reading your whole post because it didn’t make any damn sense.  Either re-read my original post or, if this topic is above your competency level, then don’t post in the thread. 

Competency like defending the idea that what The Bills drafted in 01-03 has anything to do with the Jets in 19…? That kind of competent?  Two teams almost 20 years apart.  Never a GM for either, not even a HC today. 

Or on to the other loony idea.  If Macc talks with CJ & Gase talks with CJ, there can be no meeting of the minds.  Macc and Gase cant possibly communicate, can't agree on anything like a player.  Why? Who says they don't talk.  Just f'n because it's ridiculous it has to be real. ok

Dont ever question someone's competency over something this lame and pointless.  Sounds pretty silly. 

• Thumb Down 1