LeVeon Bell Tweet

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, look forward to Sam Darnold dumping it off for six yards on third and twelve 

Thing is Bell will turn it into a 15 yard gain unlike Elijah who would let it bounce off his hands for an incompletion and trip over himself like a drunk at the bottom of bottle trying to get to the bathroom before he pisses himself.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Thing is Bell will turn it into a 15 yard gain unlike Elijah who would let it bounce off his hands for an incompletion and trip over himself like a drunk at the bottom of bottle trying to get to the bathroom before he pisses himself.

Yeah I too look forward to our players turning six yards into fifteen by sheer force of will

• WTF? 1

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I, too, look forward to Sam Darnold dumping it off for six yards on third and twelve 

You must be confused. Sam is not Chad Pennington. If the OL isn’t addressed in the draft, Sam will be running for his life on 3rd and 12.

11 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

It's a long offseason, this got me pumped. Can't wait to see Darnold hitting up his new safety valve.

Good stuff. Thanks for posting. If we can get a few more OL pieces this offseason we are really on our way here.  Think of how deflating this stuff would be if we still had Bates or if Bowles was on his 4th OC he pulled out of retirement.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

But in all seriousness, we had to start somewhere? I know, and probably everyone on this site knows, that this team is a JV high school team with a few nice pieces. 

Sam Darnold is a very good up and coming player. You can't send this kid out on the field with no weapons. That would be malpractice. 

I like the additions Mac made even if we still know Mac is an incompetent doofus.

The Jets offense now, FINALLY, after years of being a comedy show, has some nice pieces to build around. They've still got a long ways to go, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let a potentially bad coach ruin my optimism. I really think you should do the same.

16 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Obviously you watched that breakdown thread on Sam in another thread. His drops stood out to my too. 

4 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

Good stuff. Thanks for posting. If we can get a few more OL pieces this offseason we are really on our way here.  Think of how deflating this stuff would be if we still had Bates or if Bowles was on his 4th OC he pulled out of retirement.  

If we don’t solve the OL issue, I really hope we can master “plays breaking down” and scramble plays that can turn into big gains. Start using a moving pocket, screens and OL breakdowns to our advantage.

Thankfully we have an offensive minded coach who seems exceptionally smart and can make the most of any situation. Everything that he did in Miami was patchwork and just doing whatever he could do to get a win. So he seems adaptable and aware of deficiencies like our trash OL. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

But in all seriousness, we had to start somewhere? I know, and probably everyone on this site knows, that this team is a JV high school team with a few nice pieces. 

Sam Darnold is a very good up and coming player. You can't send this kid out on the field with no weapons. That would be malpractice. 

I like the additions Mac made even if we still know Mac is an incompetent doofus.

The Jets offense now, FINALLY, after years of being a comedy show, has some nice pieces to build around. They've still got a long ways to go, but I'll be damned if I'm going to let a potentially bad coach ruin my optimism. I really think you should do the same.

Allow me to clarify. I wasn’t poking fun at Leveon Bell or his level of ability. The joke was in reference to the OP stating he can’t wait to watch Sam Darnold check it down to his “safety valve.” That was all. That’s it. 

• Upvote 1