LeVeon Bell Tweet

6 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

Tom is an old frustrated high school safety. Could not even start his senior year. Thus, the hatred for safeties that actually can play.

He is Al Bundy without the HS accomplishments, an English Lit BA, and the internet as his canvas. 

I actually admire him, in an odd way.

The guy who started over me in high school has a better 40 time than Jamal Adams. Great multi-sport athlete who went to school on baseball scholarship. At last check, he works for a company that paves driveways around Putnam and Dutchess County. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Allow me to clarify. I wasn’t poking fun at Leveon Bell or his level of ability. The joke was in reference to the OP stating he can’t wait to watch Sam Darnold check it down to his “safety valve.” That was all. That’s it. 

Allow me to translate Tom Shane's comment.  He truly wasn't poking fun at Le'veon Bell or his level of ability.  He was actually poking fun at Jamal Adams.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The guy who started over me in high school has a better 40 time than Jamal Adams. Great multi-sport athlete who went to school on baseball scholarship. At last check, he works for a company that paves driveways around Putnam and Dutchess County. 

There was only 1 safety position?

47 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Let’s just cut to the chase, Scott. Do you want my shirtless high school pics or not? Because if so I can cc @joewilly12 and make everyone happy at once 

Not no, but hell no!!!! Some below the belt shots may be nice, though.

Just trying to understand how one becomes so bitter, and decides to use a football message board to vent his frustrations. You are one interesting case study.

• Haha 1

If we don’t solve the OL issue, I really hope we can master “plays breaking down” and scramble plays that can turn into big gains. Start using a moving pocket, screens and OL breakdowns to our advantage.
Thankfully we have an offensive minded coach who seems exceptionally smart and can make the most of any situation. Everything that he did in Miami was patchwork and just doing whatever he could do to get a win. So he seems adaptable and aware of deficiencies like our trash OL. 

What an amazing concept. Being adjustable. I’d much rather have a beefy stud OL that functions as an angry brick wall but it’s nice to know we have a guy who can think on the fly. I’ve felt so many times that we were just stuck on the mud during games.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

I think like most of us we’re very excited about LeVeon Bell. Especially as a receiver and a check off option for Sam. These are almost guaranteed first downs and extended drives. That will keep our defense off the field. This in addition to being a great runner. He’s the most impact acquisition in the off season for any NFL team imo. And this will include the draft. 

• Upvote 2

This will sound silly but its actually hard for me to factually accept that a bell focused offense. Like I can imagine it on the Steelers but to see the green and white run it , my mind just doesn't accept it. These bowls years on top of the putrid offense that Sanchez co gave us, it's like I have been beat down.

I hope to god we see what we should expect. Bell offense.

5 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

Not no, but hell no!!!! Some below the belt shots may be nice, though.

Just trying to understand how one becomes so bitter, and decides to use a football message board to vent his frustrations. You are one interesting case study.

Micropenis

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Allow me to clarify. I wasn’t poking fun at Leveon Bell or his level of ability. The joke was in reference to the OP stating he can’t wait to watch Sam Darnold check it down to his “safety valve.” That was all. That’s it. 

Well, really what you're talking about is a coach/coordinator that coaches scared. If there's anything I HATE it's that coach that coaches "not to lose". Which pretty much guarantees losing.

I haven't seen anything from Gase or his staff that would indicate he's going to call plays like Paul Hackett.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, NYJ1 said:

Well, really what you're talking about is a coach/coordinator that coaches scared. If there's anything I HATE it's that coach that coaches "not to lose". Which pretty much guarantees losing.

I haven't seen anything from Gase or his staff that would indicate he's going to call plays like Paul Hackett.

I still can't believe how many times Bowles punted near midfield in short yardage 4th downs, some of them down by 3 scores. Guy had balls the size of BBs, absolutely zero feel for the game or momentum. It was like we picked a D+ student & had him write essays with crayons. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I still can't believe how many times Bowles punted near midfield in short yardage 4th downs, some of them down by 3 scores. Guy had balls the size of BBs, absolutely zero feel for the game or momentum. It was like we picked a D+ student & had him write essays with crayons. 

Todd Bowles is a clueless coward who shouldn't even be washing dirty jocks in the NFL 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles is a clueless coward who shouldn't even be washing dirty jocks in the NFL 

I agree. My hatred for that bozo grew from the Bills win & in debacle to him just standing there on the sidelines with that goofy azz look on his face while the refs were azz raping us every week. I DESPISED HIM!

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I agree. My hatred for that bozo grew from the Bills win & in debacle to him just standing there on the sidelines with that goofy azz look on his face while the refs were azz raping us every week. I DESPISED HIM!

Most hated NY Jets HC in history for me and there have been many bad ones. 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, T0mShane said:

if the safety valve breaks it for a long gain from time to time, then that's fine with me. I'll look forward to it too.  And name a QB who doesn't have to use a safety valve?  Brady's specialty....  

On 4/20/2019 at 5:37 PM, Barry McCockinner said:

Thing is Bell will turn it into a 15 yard gain unlike Elijah who would let it bounce off his hands for an incompletion and trip over himself like a drunk at the bottom of bottle trying to get to the bathroom before he pisses himself.

even the  slightest breeze will knock Elijah off balance

He can't wait to get started...

Le’Veon Bell not at Jets voluntary minicamp

Posted by Josh Alper on April 23, 2019, 10:30 AM EDT

gettyimages-898609324-e1553182049472.jpg
Getty Images

Running back Le'Veon Bell never reported to the Steelers after being given the franchise tag last season and sat out the year before signing with the Jets as a free agent last month.

Getting the long-term deal he was looking for while still in Pittsburgh hasn’t led him to perfect attendance at offseason work this time around. The Jets started a three-day minicamp on Tuesday morning and multiple reporters on hand sent word that Bell was not on the field with the rest of the team.

Attendance at the minicamp is voluntary, so there’s no requirement that Bell be with the team right now. There’s also no word about whether he’ll be missing the entire week of work or if Tuesday’s absence is a one-day thing.

Head coach Adam Gase and General Manager Mike Maccagnan are both scheduled to speak to reporters later in the day and they may shed light on that question during their time with the media.

3 minutes ago, slats said:

He can't wait to get started...

Le’Veon Bell not at Jets voluntary minicamp

Posted by Josh Alper on April 23, 2019, 10:30 AM EDT

gettyimages-898609324-e1553182049472.jpg
Getty Images

Running back Le'Veon Bell never reported to the Steelers after being given the franchise tag last season and sat out the year before signing with the Jets as a free agent last month.

Getting the long-term deal he was looking for while still in Pittsburgh hasn’t led him to perfect attendance at offseason work this time around. The Jets started a three-day minicamp on Tuesday morning and multiple reporters on hand sent word that Bell was not on the field with the rest of the team.

Attendance at the minicamp is voluntary, so there’s no requirement that Bell be with the team right now. There’s also no word about whether he’ll be missing the entire week of work or if Tuesday’s absence is a one-day thing.

Head coach Adam Gase and General Manager Mike Maccagnan are both scheduled to speak to reporters later in the day and they may shed light on that question during their time with the media.

Hard to show up to voluntary camp when you're cutting highlight videos in unison with Sam Darnold's highlights. 

Priorities, bro. 

• Haha 1