Bosa Available at 3 - Trade or Stay?

Trade down or take Bosa?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Trade down or take Bosa? (see offer in first post)

• Take Bosa
    • Take Redskins 1.15, 2.14, 3.12, 2020 1st & 2nd round picks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Damn. I voted before I realized you specified what the offer was. For that kind of haul, take the trade. I withdraw my vote for Bosa.  

Make the trade. Justify it by saying you were concerned about bosas injury history. That is a fair haul and will help us move the team in the right direction. Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com

The Redskins are in full rebuild. No way they hand over that much draft capital for a decent defensive end prospect. 

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dream scenario: Bosa falls to 3 and the Redskins want the pick. With the Jets needing an edge rusher and loving Bosa, the Skins have to make a premium offer.

The Offer

Redskins: #3 overall

Jets: 1.15, 2.14, 3.12, 2020 1st & 2nd round pick

Clock is ticking, what's your move?

I'd trade down for that immediately, though that trade would never happen. 

The Skins would get Bosa but have no other top pick for the next draft afterwards to pick up a QB that they desperately need. 

A trade like that would have to happen for a quarterback.

• Upvote 3
16 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Damn. I voted before I realized you specified what the offer was. For that kind of haul, take the trade. I withdraw my vote for Bosa.

Same .. if that’s offer obviously you trade down .. 

Dream scenario: Bosa falls to 3 and the Redskins want the pick. With the Jets needing an edge rusher and loving Bosa, the Skins have to make a premium offer.

The Offer

Would have to take that deal. The Skins pick next year could be top 5.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Like 1
38 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Offer

THIS deal, in a second.

Aint happening though, not getting this kind of offer.

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

That is just  hilarious “ scenario “ that would never happen.. I’d take him factoring in what a actual real offer would look like.

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'd trade down for that immediately, though that trade would never happen. 

The Skins would get Bosa but have no other top pick for the next draft afterwards to pick up a QB that they desperately need. 

A trade like that would have to happen for a quarterback.

They can do this for a QB if they think Oakland is taking their guy. That said, of course this dream scenario is highly unlikely.

• Upvote 1
34 minutes ago, Jet Blast said:

Same here.  I withdraw my vote.

That offer is ridiculous and entirely unrealistic though.  Of course you make that trade. 

57 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The Offer

It's a no brainer to trade down. The two premium picks in 2020, from a team expected to be in the bottom third of the league, could set up the Jets to be a top NFL franchise moving forward.

In order for the #3 to have any value at all trade-wise, the Raiders would have to trade Carr before the draft and declare they’re going to take a QB off the board, causing any other QB-needy teams to want to jump ahead of the Raiders #4 pick. However, this scenario effectively takes whichever team trades for Carr (Giants? Skins? Dolphins?) out of the QB hunt. And then if, as expected, the Cards trade Rosen, then your list of potential trade partner falls by one again.  It feels like both the Dolphins and Redskins are tanking anyway, so it’s hard to see them burn picks to come up for one of these blah QBs. The Jets best hope is that a desperate front office (like the Broncos or Jags) decides that Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver is going to instantly improve their otherwise decent defenses and offers Macc a bunch of second and thirds to come up, and maybe a player. Would you take #7, #38, 2020 2nd and Jalen Ramsey for the #3 pick? 

20 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Redskins are in full rebuild. No way they hand over that much draft capital for a decent defensive end prospect. 

Dream scenario: Bosa falls to 3 and the Redskins want the pick. With the Jets needing an edge rusher and loving Bosa, the Skins have to make a premium offer.

Looks to me like the Skins are trading for a draft pick, not a player in this scenario. 

Point out to me where it says the Skins want a specific player. 

Really don't think there will be much of an opportunity to trade down unless the Jets get hosed.

Either way, if Bosa or Allen are on the board, and one of them probably will, take the player.

IF (they won't) the Skins offer that I would have to take it.

19 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Same here.  I withdraw my vote.

That offer is ridiculous and entirely unrealistic though.  Of course you make that trade. 

Dammit I did the same thing! As much as I love Bosa and it would hurt to let him go, I would simply have no choice but to make the trade. If anyone would offer that it would be Snyder. That's a haul.

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

In order for the #3 to have any value at all trade-wise, the Raiders would have to trade Carr before the draft and declare they’re going to take a QB off the board, causing any other QB-needy teams to want to jump ahead of the Raiders #4 pick. However, this scenario effectively takes whichever team trades for Carr (Giants? Skins? Dolphins?) out of the QB hunt. And then if, as expected, the Cards trade Rosen, then your list of potential trade partner falls by one again.  It feels like both the Dolphins and Redskins are tanking anyway, so it’s hard to see them burn picks to come up for one of these blah QBs. The Jets best hope is that a desperate front office (like the Broncos or Jags) decides that Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver is going to instantly improve their otherwise decent defenses and offers Macc a bunch of second and thirds to come up, and maybe a player. Would you take #7, #38, 2020 2nd and Jalen Ramsey for the #3 pick? 

Any team that relies on taking a QB at 4 can be jumped by any other team trading for the 3rd pick. 

Your rationale depends on Schneider being rational, and on him tanking. Two assumptions which are shaky at best.

The 3rd pick is worth exactly how much any GM is willing to pay. 

37 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

But they need a QB and could be going up for one of them . 

2 minutes ago, NYs Stepchild said:

Any team that relies on taking a QB at 4 can be jumped by any other team trading for the 3rd pick. 

Your rationale depends on Schneider being rational, and on him tanking. Two assumptions which are shaky at best.

The 3rd pick is worth exactly how much any GM is willing to pay. 

So the idea is that Snyder is so stupid that he’s going to trade the farm to the Jets for a low-end QB prospect because one time he was historically burned by trading up for RGIII, who looked like a generational prospect? 

1 hour ago, Jet Blast said:

Lol. I did the exact same thing. Bosa at first. Then changed my mind. We could certainly grab a legit starting Center in the 2nd round. We need that this year.

Thats a lot of picks for a guy that might be pretty good at one thing in the NFL when he’s not holding out or injured. 

Old Macc would take him in a second start talking about getting his guy and best player in the draft stuff. Hopefully his new band of Merry Men will kick him in the nuts if he tried that now.  

• Upvote 1