Bosa Available at 3 - Trade or Stay?

Trade down or take Bosa?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Trade down or take Bosa? (see offer in first post)

• Take Bosa
    • Take Redskins 1.15, 2.14, 3.12, 2020 1st & 2nd round picks

New York Jets 2nd round pick history 

2017 maye...jury still out

2016 hackenberg...need I say more 

2015 devin Smith...total bust 

2014 amaro...didn’t work 

2013 Geno Smith...haha

2012 Stephen hill...yikes

yea not inspiring  me to trade out of 3 to get back a second round pick

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dream scenario: Bosa falls to 3 and the Redskins want the pick. With the Jets needing an edge rusher and loving Bosa, the Skins have to make a premium offer.

The Offer

Redskins: #3 overall

Jets: 1.15, 2.14, 3.12, 2020 1st & 2nd round pick

Clock is ticking, what's your move?

I would accept this proposed trade.

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

The Jets best hope is that a desperate front office (like the Broncos or Jags) decides that Quinnen Williams or Ed Oliver is going to instantly improve their otherwise decent defenses and offers Macc a bunch of second and thirds to come up, and maybe a player. Would you take #7, #38, 2020 2nd and Jalen Ramsey for the #3 pick? 

Elway must get his QB in this draft or his days might be numbered. Numerous reports say he is in love with Drew Lock (as reportedly are several other teams after his visits) so he can't take the chance of someone jumping in front of him for Lock. Mac should have a willing partner to work out an acceptable deal. Someone will move up to take Lock as I think he will be the second QB taken.

• Upvote 1

Per Mehta, if Bosa isn't there at 3. We won't take an edge rusher. Skip to 10:15 of the interview he did on WFAN yesterday. https://wfan.radio.com/media/audio-channel/chris-moore-manish-mehta

Starting to warm up to the idea of trading down to take Jonah WIlliams.  Also helps that Gase has a connection with Saban from his days when he was at Michigan State.  Gase can pick Saban's brain on both Williams.  Saw this on Jonah Williams:

5. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama, 6-4½, 302 (5.09)

C'mon, am I really saying Williams is the top-ranked offensive player on this draft board? Yes. In the deepest defensive line draft in years, including SEC edge rushers like Josh Allen and Montez Sweat, Williams didn't surrender a sack in 2018. Alabama coaches told scouts he missed three assignments in 920 snaps at left tackle all season.

Also came across this article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-jonah-williams-is-the-complete-package-worthy-of-top-five-selection-in-2019-nfl-draft

Williams’ success in pass protection also stems from his game-week preparation. Before each game, he watches every pass-rush snap of his upcoming opponent and charts his total rushes, moves used, and pass-rush wins in Excel. He then uses the charted information to create spider charts that detail what his opponent does best so he can tell his scout team to come at him with his upcoming opponent’s best move.

Williams also watches a lot of his own film, calling himself a “perfectionist” to the point that it’s “painful sometimes.” He takes notes on his own film before game-week practices and brings his notebook to the field to connect the film to improvements in his technique on the field.

I think we gotta make this draft all about Sam. Lets fix this line. I know we wont get the same haul the Colts got from us last year.  They fixed their line in one offseason

If the Redskins offer a haul like that you have to take it. Even Macc would do it, that's how much of a no-brainer it is. Of course I would make the trade for even less provided it was still adequate compensation. That haul is what I would expect for a top QB prospect not a guy like Bosa(who is still a decent prospect).

57 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Elway must get his QB in this draft or his days might be numbered. Numerous reports say he is in love with Drew Lock (as reportedly are several other teams after his visits) so he can't take the chance of someone jumping in front of him for Lock. Mac should have a willing partner to work out an acceptable deal. Someone will move up to take Lock as I think he will be the second QB taken.

The only success Elway has had as a GM was when he signed a previous Super Bowl winner to be his QB and he just did that again with Flacco. Coming off two losing seasons, I think it's more important for him to win games than it is to get a rookie QB. I think they'll want someone who'll make an immediate impact in the first round, not a developmental QB. 

31 minutes ago, Marshmello said:

Per Mehta, if Bosa isn't there at 3. We won't take an edge rusher. Skip to 10:15 of the interview he did on WFAN yesterday. https://wfan.radio.com/media/audio-channel/chris-moore-manish-mehta

Starting to warm up to the idea of trading down to take Jonah WIlliams.  Also helps that Gase has a connection with Saban from his days when he was at Michigan State.  Gase can pick Saban's brain on both Williams.  Saw this on Jonah Williams:

5. Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama, 6-4½, 302 (5.09)

C'mon, am I really saying Williams is the top-ranked offensive player on this draft board? Yes. In the deepest defensive line draft in years, including SEC edge rushers like Josh Allen and Montez Sweat, Williams didn't surrender a sack in 2018. Alabama coaches told scouts he missed three assignments in 920 snaps at left tackle all season.

Also came across this article: https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-jonah-williams-is-the-complete-package-worthy-of-top-five-selection-in-2019-nfl-draft

Williams’ success in pass protection also stems from his game-week preparation. Before each game, he watches every pass-rush snap of his upcoming opponent and charts his total rushes, moves used, and pass-rush wins in Excel. He then uses the charted information to create spider charts that detail what his opponent does best so he can tell his scout team to come at him with his upcoming opponent’s best move.

Williams also watches a lot of his own film, calling himself a “perfectionist” to the point that it’s “painful sometimes.” He takes notes on his own film before game-week practices and brings his notebook to the field to connect the film to improvements in his technique on the field.

I think we gotta make this draft all about Sam. Lets fix this line. I know we wont get the same haul the Colts got from us last year.  They fixed their line in one offseason

Way to go Mehta. Are you trying to give Joe Beningo a stroke?

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Dream scenario: Bosa falls to 3 and the Redskins want the pick. With the Jets needing an edge rusher and loving Bosa, the Skins have to make a premium offer.

The Offer

Redskins: #3 overall

Jets: 1.15, 2.14, 3.12, 2020 1st & 2nd round pick

Clock is ticking, what's your move?

Easy decision.

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Damn - ya'll act like you're taking a timed exam or something. Slow down and read before you click everything on the page like a crack head.

I voted for the trade. Don't know if I would have if the 2020 1st is taken off the table. I think you're closer to the "line" than not.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So the idea is that Snyder is so stupid that he’s going to trade the farm to the Jets for a low-end QB prospect because one time he was historically burned by trading up for RGIII, who looked like a generational prospect? 

Nope. He's been burned many times. 

Has he ever burned anyone? 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

That’s extremely debatable. I say there is. Some marginal position player in the mid 2nd round def ain’t Gona be 

So there definitely isn’t going to be any Pro Bowl players selected in the second round this year?  Do you know how silly that sounds?  

Ideally the Raiders want Allen, Bosa or Quinnen bad enough that they trade up 1 spot to make sure they get there guy. Especially knowing the Jets are looking to trade out. This is what the 49ers got in 2017 to trade back 1 slot with the Bears.

IMG_20190421_111715.jpg

If the Jets could make this trade then move back one more time for a QB needy team they can put themselves in a really good position over the next couple of drafts.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, slats said:

The only success Elway has had as a GM was when he signed a previous Super Bowl winner to be his QB and he just did that again with Flacco. Coming off two losing seasons, I think it's more important for him to win games than it is to get a rookie QB. I think they'll want someone who'll make an immediate impact in the first round, not a developmental QB. 

Keeping Flacco (statically is one of the worst QB's in the NFL the last three years) as your starting QB is a ticket to the retirement home for a GM regardless of who you take in the first round. Denver had a very strong draft in 2018 and can afford to give up some picks for the QB they covet.

Among 34 qualified QBs over the last three years, Joe Flacco is second-worst in success rate (58%) and dead last in YPA (7.5) when his receiver was open (3+ yards of separation) per Next Gen Stats.

16 minutes ago, Mackman55 said:

Keeping Flacco (statically is one of the worst QB's in the NFL the last three years) as your starting QB is a ticket to the retirement home for a GM regardless of who you take in the first round. Denver had a very strong draft in 2018 and can afford to give up some picks for the QB they covet.

Among 34 qualified QBs over the last three years, Joe Flacco is second-worst in success rate (58%) and dead last in YPA (7.5) when his receiver was open (3+ yards of separation) per Next Gen Stats.

I think Flacco is going to have chemistry with Emmanuel Sanders

2 hours ago, F00tballGuy69 said:

I'm a big fan of Bosa, but that return would be way too good to pass up.  The 2020 1st could very well end up being a top-5 pick, assuming under this circumstance they'd have a rookie QB out there next year for at least part of the season. 

Without that 2020 1st I'd probably go Bosa.

We aren’t getting that return.  That’s more than what the colts got from us for Sam Darnold

The problem with your scenario is that there is a price for everything.  IN your scenario, your offering way too much, so you got to make the trade.

Would you give up Lawrence Taylor in the draft coming out of college if the other team gave you the entire years draft and the entire next years draft?

It would be hard to decline a trade like that.