Who's the better CB: Darrelle Revis or Patrick Peterson?

Villain The Foe

I’m going with Revis over Peterson. One of my favorite Jets, and honestly I haven’t watched Peterson play that many times.

One or two guys have brought up Deion Sanders. I think he’s the best shut down corner I’ve ever seen.

Although still a damned good player, Peterson has been pretty overrated throughout his career. He's never been the best corner in the league at any point in time and I'd go as far as to say he's barely ever cracked the top 5 for a single season at CB. He's definitely started playing up to his reputation in the last few years, but earlier in his career his play never matched the massive hype he had coming into the league as a top HS recruit with an extremely impressive stint at LSU.  

Revis had a relatively short peak, but at his best was just about as dominant at CB as you can possibly be in today's NFL, this one is really easy IMO, it's Revis by quite a large margin. 

1 hour ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

That doesn't sound very "in character" for Revis. (not that I blame him btw.  I would've done the same things he did in his career if I were him)

He was willing to sign a one year deal at 10 Mil. Ryan was begging to bring him back. It was all about Idzik and his team. It was like pulling teeth to bring Ed Reed here. Which made sense because he'd be a tutor to Pryor and Dee Millner. Idzik was an asshat.

Archived